+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2132034;
    The one plotline I'm so over is the "Fey" subplot -- as in is it really Fey, or is it a big surprise for the viewers? It doesn't interest me in the least and I wish they'd just resolve it or end it!
    Totally agree. It's usually the Fey time that I use for getting a drink or visiting the bathroom. Maybe they thought they needed a hook when they started the show but they have so many things of interest, now, that Fey could truly die and we'd never miss her or the plot.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

The Fey plot has taken me on a rollercoaster -- first it was bothersome, then I was kind of intrigued around Music Box-Gate, but now it's tiresome.

But I'm loving Wilhelmina more and more and more, so as long as she figures into the Fey subplot I won't mind it too much. Wilhelmina pretty much owns. Her powerplays with Neko, especially the fur spectacle, were just brilliant. And that scene with her eating the Cap'n Crisp alone in her dark, sterile kitchen was really poignant.

Also, I need more Henry in my life.

Is anyone getting weird stalkerish vibes from Walter? Or am I just projecting my intense need for him to go away?

Not so much a stalker vibe for me, more like an annoying little fly that I can't swat.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Can someone do a recap of this show tonight? I'm still at work and am missing it! Argh. (Sometimes I can't get coverage on abc.com too well, so I'm going to rely on my fellow FORTers to give me the scoop.)

THANK YOU!

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2131664;
    I love this show! I love that the hereoin of a show on tv is not a model thin, barbie doll beauty..but a kind of awkward, normal build girl with glasses..kind of refreshing
    It's not that I don't agree with that... it's just that I think that they're making the models and employees out to be way more self-posesed than they actually are.

Take me for example, I am a girl, I am 14, I am 5'4", and I have the build to be a model. I actually have my own size, which I call quadruple zero. Don't bother trying to find it in stores, I can tell you now, it's not there. It's because of this that people automatically see me as an anexoric snob bent on self-destruction and out to get fat people. I am a stupid bimbo, and the only reason that I'm not seen as a slut is becuase I'm probably lesbian. I'm not out to get anyone in life, and I'm not anexoric. As for being snobby, I don't think that I am... that is, my friends don't think that I am....kill me now if I am a snob. Thank you.

I'm not totally stupid, and I'm not lesbian, I just don't have a boyfriend. Now, getting back to the show, it looks like all of the characters are portrayed exactly as I feel sometimes. Look at the character "Fat Carol." She was what, a zero? Not that big, but the show automatically asssumes that thin people would die if they ever got to the point that they had to try on a double zero.

Note also that in that episode, Amanda is really concerned about being fired, so she starts eating and won't stop, even though everyone is telling her to. It was just another reminder that we are all human, and as I sat there eating my way through a Carvel ice cream cake, I had to wonder if the show had taken a turn for the better. I guess I was wrong.

I know I'm taking this way too personally, but I see it almost as an insult to me, and thin people everywhere. Are there brats? Totally. Are there anexorics who hate "fat" people? Not gonna deny it. Are there people who would rather die than be caught in a size 0? Of course. But from what I've seen, they are few and far between, and most of us like to eat, to party, to have regular cola with our deep-fried dough.

TV shows have made us out to be monsters, and I personally have had enough. I think I'm done watching this show, unless it suddenly is able to pull a 180 and make the models look human.

Ok, my rant is done, I just had to get that out there.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

11sstephanie, the impression I got from srs_in_Oregon's post wasn't that it's great to have a show where thin people/models are put down. I think it's that there are so few shows on television at all where the role model isn't thin and conventionally beautiful--so it's nice to see a show (a comedy, hence the broad characterizations) where the lead actress has a few curves on her and perhaps looks more like the average American female.

Kudos to you on your strong body image. I have a sister who would make you look fat, I think. She is that thin (she's had kids, eats a ton, is athletic, and has always been naturally skinny, just like my mom and dad. She has to buy a lot of her clothes in the kids' section).

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    The previews last night reminded me of Two Weeks Notice when Sandra Bullock had to leave a wedding to pick out Hugh Grant's suit.

I actually don't like the subplot with Justin's father.

I thought Wilhemena was great last night in the bar. Mark was hysterical trying to read the "menu" off the girl's shirt

I feel sorry for Betty - because she has the dream job she's always wanted, but I think she's realizing it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

Salma Hayek was adorable last night. I loved the pool table scene.

I really hate that Betty took Walter back. I see nothing appealing about him at all--he's not supportive. Rather, he's threatened by her and doesn't want to see her succeed in "that" world.

Plus, HE CHEATED ON HER with that skanky neighbor. Ugh! Why stay with him when Super Accountant is on the loose?! Boggles me mind...

I saw America Ferrara buying fruit at Gelson's! I'm just saying. Lol.

She seemed very down to earth and it took me a while to figure out where I'd seen her (so far I've just seen the ads though). The produce clerk was very very attentive to her, and that's when it finally occured to me. She was just in jeans, some type of white top, no makeup, same glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2137182;
    I saw America Ferrara buying fruit at Gelson's! I'm just saying. Lol.
    Way cool!

+ Reply to Thread