+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 228 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season three

Lost - season three

O.K. kids, you asked for it, you got it. I hope I’m not stepping on anyone’s toes by starting this thread, but I think it’s time and I know Lostonanisland does, too.

For the newbies who haven’t seen the first two seasons, last night’s recap was just an ice crystal on the tip of the iceberg. I urge you to run, not walk, to your nearest DVD source and buy or borrow the first 2 seasons. You will find everyone in this thread is very helpful and patient and kind, but please do your part and don’t be asking things like “What is the monster?” “Who was Ana Lucia?” or “Why is Locke in a wheelchair in the flashbacks?” There are also many sites with transcripts and recaps if the DVDs don’t float your boat. Just google ‘Lost transcripts’ or ‘Lost recaps’.
    If you log into this thread during or soon after the show airs, you will read some awesome recaps from member Qboots (you are coming back with those aren’t you? No pressure ). We don’t know how she does it but for two seasons she has watched the action, recapped it and posted some great observations on things the rest of us miss, all while watching the show!
    Speaking of which, I was wondering, Qboots – is there any chance you have retained copies of your recaps that you could post in a separate thread (if that's even allowed)?

On to season three. I noticed the recap made mention of the radio that Sayid rigged for Hurley. I still think that is going play into this season – roll your eyes at me if you must. If you remember the posts from season two on this topic, and watched the promo after last night’s show, you’ll understand what I’m getting at.

Qboots almost has me convinced there was no explosion, but then last night I noticed everyone on the beach was covering their ears – even though we the audience heard nothing. Any ideas? Was it sonic waves hurting their ears? Were dogs howling in Australia?

O.K., your turn everyone; happy viewing and happy posting!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Is anyone interested in the stuff I found while playing "The Lost Experience" over the summer? It took me like 2 months, but I pieced together Rachael Blake's clues and found a SUPER-COOL D.H.A.R.M.A. Initiative video...starring ALVAR HANSO. It may contain HEAVY spoilers for the whole series, or it may be more mind games. But in any event, it's way cool!

Anyone want me to post the link here?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie's Padawan View Post
    Is anyone interested in the stuff I found while playing "The Lost Experience" over the summer? It took me like 2 months, but I pieced together Rachael Blake's clues and found a SUPER-COOL D.H.A.R.M.A. Initiative video...starring ALVAR HANSO. It may contain HEAVY spoilers for the whole series, or it may be more mind games. But in any event, it's way cool!
    Anyone want me to post the link here?
    Sure thing, HP! You warned us about the spoilers (possible) so just post that warning again with the link. Thanks for doing all that work!
    Unless the mods have a problem with it?

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    [mod edit - fixed issue]

A few more informal rules/suggestions:

The general rule in here is that if it's been shown on TV, you dont have to use the spoiler brackets to talk about it. So, say if someone wanted to talk about the preview that was shown after last night's recap episode, it's all fair game, no spoiler tags necessary.

Things that DO need to have spoiler tags are things that have yet to be shown on TV. [Note: The following is not a real spoiler, I made it up for the example]. So say for example that I say something like this: "www.spoilerfix.com (a great spoiler website for Lost and other TV shows by the way) is reporting that in episode 6 of this season, everyone shrinks and Vincent eats them all, and that's how the series ends." I would have to put spoiler tags around that, so it would turn in to:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "www.spoilerfix.com (a great spoiler website for Lost and other TV shows by the way) is reporting that in episode 6 of this season, everyone shrinks and Vincent eats them all, and that's how the series ends."

If you want to put spoiler tags around something, you have to type it in manually. Type [ followed by the word spoiler and then ] to write the first spoiler tag. Then write your spoiler. Then close your spoiler tag by typing [ and then the word /spoiler and then ]. [Note: the / before spoiler is needed to close the tag]

Also, any theories you have about the show/island/people don't need spoiler tags, except if they contain information confirmed about future episodes/storylines.

Anything else that the other FORT Lost veterans want to add?
    Last edited by JR.; 09-28-2006 at 05:27 PM.

OK I'll try it again, everything below MIGHT be a spoiler, but it's mostly my conjecture based on viewing the video found here:

Click to see Spoiler:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc

Ok, so let's say the video I (and many other people) unearthed is a real part of the show. Bear with me, we need to assume it's "canon" in order to discuss its context within the show. I'm thinking out loud here, to spur discussion forgive me if not everything makes sense.

Now, the date on the original D.H.A.R.M.A. video is 1972. It's been established that the LOSTies are "in" September or October of 2004. Even though it's been over 2 years for the viewer, it's been less than sixty days for the castaways.

If we assume that Rosseau wasn't lying, she's been on the island for 16 years. We can assume that since she arrived with a decent-sized research team, and no one saw any overt D.H.A.R.M.A. activity, that Wacky's assertion is correct; the hatches are all linked via an underground (maybe even underwater) system of tunnels.

Here's something interesting: If Rosseau has been on the island for 16 years, that would put her arrival time around 1988. Which is exactly 16 years from the time the hatches were "opened" and the experiments were started. Does this mean anything? We'll see.

Now, the really interesting part is that Rosseau claimed that when her people went to the other side of the island, they came back "infected". In the video purportedly recorded by "Rachel Blake", a scientist is seen explaining that the D.H.A.R.M.A. project has failed to change any of the integers of Valenzetti's equation. The scientist then speaks of infecting local tribesmen, with a cull rate of 30%. Anything more or less spells failure for the project. At least one of the scientists present raises moral and ethical concerns over the project, but the speaker shoots him down.

So....what if this "Racheal Blake" video is not from 2004, but is actually from 1988?!? I know video cams were much more primitive then, but we don't actually see the person filming things. What if "Rachael Blake" unearthed this video from someone else? What if Rosseau's people were "infected" by the Hanso foundation (backers of the D.H.A.R.M.A. Initiative) some 16 years ago?!?! What if "The Others" are really the last of the D.H.A.R.M.A. scientists who fought off the Hanso people and eventually took back the hatches? It might explain why the "medical" hatch was so damaged.

Hmmmm...interesting thoughts that just popped into my head, sometimes the most intuitive stuff happens like that!

What do you all think???

Recap

Season one and two are out on DVD. I didn't need a recap. I needed a fix of Lost. I'm like a junkie with this show. I was all excited for the new season and now I have to put up with another week of withdrawls.
    Amadeus

I cant wait for "A Tale of Two Cities"!! will it be Jack or Kate centric?? oops that wasnt a spoiler was it?? well if it was sorry but im way excited

Quote Originally Posted by Howie's Padawan View Post
    What do you all think???
    It would explain the "We're the good guys" quote. The idea that there are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    two groups of Others, good ones and bad ones, has been batted around.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

^^Agreed! I really LOVED that video, it makes the slow-moving Season 2 worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    It would explain the "We're the good guys" quote. The idea that there are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    two groups of Others, good ones and bad ones, has been batted around.
    That's an interesting prospect and I could see it, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ethan and Goodwin were from the same group as the one Henry Gale is running and each of them committed murder. So, which is the good group and which is the bad group?

I think that Henry Gale (the character) really believes that they are the good guys, but is he right or wrong? The writers will have a hard time convincing me that these other are good, mainly because of their stealing children from the parents. Of course, I won't put it past their talent to pull that off.

I think there's a lot more to Sawyer than we've seen yet, especially with the speculation that -- I don't know if I need to spoiler this speculation, but just in case --
    Click to see Spoiler:
    like many, I believe that Locke's father and the real Sawyer are the same person.
    I've always like the Sawyer character. When push comes to shove, he usually winds up doing the right thing while still managing to make people hate him.

More character connection speculation from season 2--
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it seems likely that Claire may be Jack's half-sister and Aaron's half-uncle
    . Lot's of possibilites to explore there.

I've spent a good part of this week rewatching all of seasons 1 and 2. I think we're in for more than a few surprises and I, for one, can't wait.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread