+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - season three

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Lost - season three

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarcusWelby;2669693;
    by the way for those who are interested and haven't figured it out yet..

Click to see Spoiler:
    the asterisks are Goodwin, Ethan, and Mr. Friendly.
    Thank you from the asterisk challenged!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

'Lost' Star Kim Arraigned in DUI Case
    Published: 11/23/07, 9:25 PM EDT
    By MARK NIESSE

HONOLULU (AP) - ABC's "Lost" star Daniel Dae Kim entered an initial plea of not guilty to a drunken driving charge Friday.

Kim, 39, who plays Jin-Soo Kwon on the TV show, was arrested Oct. 25 when a Honolulu police officer spotted him driving erratically.

His driver's license was revoked Nov. 16 for six months, said Ronald Sakata, chief adjudicator for the Administrative Driver's License Revocation Office.

"He made an apology to the state, the people of Hawaii and his fans," defense attorney Patrick McPherson said outside the courtroom. "He pleaded not guilty and requested a trial date." Kim did not appear with his attorney at the arraignment.

Kim, who portrays a Korean tough guy on the mysterious island where "Lost" is set, was the fourth actor on the series to run into trouble with the law while filming in Hawaii. Other stars who were arrested had their characters killed off on the show soon afterward.

The roles of Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were eliminated in 2005 after they pleaded guilty to drunken driving.

Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje lost his role on the show after he was arrested for a traffic violation and accused of disobeying a police officer and driving without a license. The charges were dropped.

Five other cast members working in Hawaii have been cited for traffic violations, mostly for speeding, according to police.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Here is a link to an article about Lost

Link Here

Yeah, I know its in Spanish but the net is a wonderful thing and I've found the English translation so I'm posting it...there are a few spots that might be considered spoilers so I put them in spoiler tags......

The press meeting with part of the LOST cast to introduce its fourth season is as mysterious as the successful show. We are in a room in Disney's studios at Burbank, and no one among the hundred journalist arrived from all around the world knows who will come. It is said that Evangeline Lilly (Kate). Or maybe Josh Holloway (Sawyer). Even Naveen Andrews might appear. "Impossible", says someone who has been coming to these events for years. The actor who plays the tormented Sayid has never attended one of these meetings. But, surprise!, suddenly, Andrews enters the room. "I came to a Sex Pistols concert and took advantage of the chance of doing this", he says, in a very good mood.

The amazement doesn't end with him. There is also Harold Perrineau, Michael, a character that didn't appear in the whole third season and that the day after this meeting will begin shooting in Hawaii his first comeback episode. "Last Friday I finished shooting a movie, the next day I took a plane to come here, and last night I was given a script I plan to read in the plane to Hawaii, so I have absolutely no idea about what is going to happen", he says.

Perrineau attitude is a reminder of how some things never change. The inscrutability is the norm while dealing with LOST. However, actors let out some things. Before, a warning: those who follow the third season through Canal 13 and haven't finished watching it, are advised to not read further.

Elizabeth Mitchell, the blond and enigmatic Juliet in the show, says:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "There are still lots of people left to die. There are many deaths... people exploding and things like that". She also tells an anecdote that deepens the mistery: "Yesterday I was reading the script of the episode that comes after the one dedicated to my character. I cried a lot, because I learned something that I didn't like finding out about".

Fourth season of LOST will be shorter: only 16 episodes instead the more than 20 of a conventional one. Depending of the duration of the writers strike, the intention is airing it without reruns. Every week, a new episode broadcasted.

Perrineau says: "When I left the show, the idea was always that my character would come back. And I was told as well that he would be very different. How different? "I don't know, that's my point. I am told he is going to be different, but nothing else" he adds, laughing.

About his role, the son of Chilean Jorge Garcia (Hurley in the show) points out: "He still doesn't know that Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) has died, so he will have to deal with that loss. I think the relationship between Charlie and Hurley was the most solid one in the show. It won't be easy for him". Garcia states that he is interested in coming to Chile, but adds that it will depend of the representatives of the studio coordinating the possibility. "I also would love to go when there is good weather".

Those who watched the third season finale through cable or in DVD, found out the new modality: now, moments of the future are also shown, when the survivors have already left the island. Can we assume that this will be done again? "You can assume whatever you want to", says Andrews. "But, yes... yes, that could happen", he adds, turning into the most secretive of the guests.

Elizabeth Mitchell goes a little further:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "There will be more looks into the future, but that won't be find out until the end of the episode. We will also see that some survivors are dead in the future".
    The actress adds: "A big difference between last season and the new one is that now we are going to see more group interaction. There won't be episodes in which you don't see a character. That has given me the chance to work with almost everyone".

There will be new faces too. With their roles still unknown, Jeff Fahey, Jeremy Davies, Rebecca Mader, Ken Leung and Lance Reddick have joined the cast.

Do you like Jorge's new haircut??

All he mentioned on his blog was that it was "trimmed at work"

Duude...I liked it better when it was longer.....

FORT Fogey

Maybe it's "Hurley in the future" look....

LG.

could be a look into his future, but then does that mean he needs to wear a wig when they are filming on the island? Maybe he'll get sick of it being hot on his neck (wouldn't it be, on a desert island, rather hot and gross to have hair that long) so they cut it short, and then like Sampson he loses his super-strength. Oh wait, he doesn't have super-strength. Maybe he does it in mourning after finding out Charlie died in the underwater hatch. Looks like he's having some Thanksgiving dinner in that pic.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Watch with Kristin

This just in: Lost is coming to the big screen!

Oh, how I wish I could tell you our beloved Evie, Matthew and Josh are starring in a movie version of the show we so adore, but this is pretty much the next best thing: Sources tell me ABC has secured a deal to air promos for the upcoming fourth season of Lost (with new footage!) before all movies rated PG and above in Screenvision and NCM chains in December.

Hear that? It's the sound of this die-hard couch potato running out to buy my tickets!

And by the way, this also means ABC thinks the new season of Lost is so good, it warrants such play. I've heard from Alphabet-net insiders that the upcoming eight episodes filmed so far are "crazy good" and will "even satisfy the haters.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2693153;
    Do you like Jorge's new haircut??

All he mentioned on his blog was that it was "trimmed at work"

Duude...I liked it better when it was longer.....
    Same here I think that his long hair made him much cooler.
    Anyway this guy will always be my favorite character in lost.

Here's hoping he was wearing a wig.

FORT Regular

The latest today from Sci Fi.com:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Lost Answers Offered

The producers of Lost offered up a few answers behind the mysteries in season three and a few hints about the upcoming fourth season. The third season drops on DVD on Dec. 11.

Executive producer Carlton Cuse admitted that the people who were on the jet that crashed into the island all have to pay a price for being there. "Yes, and that price is $3.95," he kidded. "In seriousness, the show is about redemption. All the characters on this island are confronting the failures of their past and revisiting issues that go to the core of their emotional makeup."

Cuse also 'fessed up about the person in the coffin seen at the very end of season three. Was it someone we've seen before? "Yes," he said without elaboration.

Damon Lindelof, a co-creator and producer, was asked about why the expectations set up for the return of young Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) never seemed to materialize in the third season. Will he be seen again? "Oh, you'll see him again. But you're going to have to be patient. Sorry."

Fans first complained that not enough answers were revealed in the first half of the split-up season, but Cuse said, "We think the balance at the end of the season was right. We see each season of the show like a book. The answers were essential for this book of the show to feel complete."

One of the pressing questions by hardcore fans is how many days the survivors have been on the island. Lindelof said, "By the end of season three, the survivors have still been on the island for less than a hundred days ... but don't forget that you may be jumping into the future next year, so anything goes!"

The space-and-time-travel element was explained when the creators nailed down an end-time for the series. "When ABC/Disney allowed us to end the show in 48 more episodes, it was time to begin a new modality of storytelling, which includes flash-forwards," Cused said. "The show is like a mosaic. There are tiles in the present, in the past and now in the future as well. When all the tiles are in place, the story of Lost will be complete."

The third season seems to push Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Jack (Matthew Fox) even further apart and more toward Sawyer (Josh Holloway), but the last episode muddied the waters a bit. Cuse teased, "The Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle is something that will go on for a long time. And who says they don't have a chance?"

The creators don't think of their characters as ambiguous when it comes to good and evil, specifically Ben (Michael Emerson) and Locke (Terry O'Quinn). "We would use the word complex," Cuse said. "We are interested in exploring how good and evil can be embodied in the same characters and the struggles we all have to overcome the dark parts of our souls."

The unveiling of Jacob, the mysterious leader of the Others, didn't necessarily satisfy questions in season three. "If you felt the unveiling of Jacob provided answers, you are probably in the minority! We felt it was important to introduce Jacob as more than just a name at this point, as he will become important downstream," Cuse said. The fourth season of Lost starts Feb. 6.

I'm not that impressed with these 'answers' actually. What about you guys?

+ Reply to Thread