+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - season three

Re: Lost - season three

Oh God, I hope that strike will end soon

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Ok...a rumor I've seen floating around in several different places...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Season 4 will begin with air traffic control speaking to the pilot of a plane that is in trouble. It will show both the plane and air traffic control in various shots. This is all done in a way that will make us believe it's NOT the Oceanic flight that Jack, Locke etc were on. Except it is. We'll see the plane crashing into the sea. We'll see the dead bodies of people we know. Then the "Lost" logo will come out of the screen.

I've also seen a interview with Greg Grunberg (the pilot) on another site and he did indicate that we will see him again on Lost but he couldn't say anything further.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Looks like it has now been confirmed!

E! News - Strike Splits Lost Season

Strike Splits Lost Season
    by Sarah Hall
    Thu, 8 Nov 2007 01:20:56 PM PST

With the airwaves likely to be dominated by reality programming and reruns in the months ahead, Lost fans still have something to look forward to.

In the wake of Fox's decision to postpone the seventh season of 24 indefinitely, ABC has taken the opposite tack and decided to air the eight episodes of the castaway drama that were completed before the writers' strike, show runner Damon Lindelof said Wednesday.

But don't expect too much resolution before the series goes dark once again—the final episode, Lindelof said, will end in a cliffhanger that won't be resolved until the strike concludes.
    "It's as much of a conclusion as, say, Ana-Lucia and Libby getting shot," Lindelof told E! Online TV columnist Kristin Dos Santos.

"An eight-episode season is an incomplete season, and I am not going to try to spin it any other way."

After wrapping up its third season in May, Lost was slated to return to the air with an uninterrupted, rerun-free 16-episode stretch, but obviously the strike has thrown a wrench into that scenario.

"I can't look the fans in the eye and tell them we're executing the original plan anymore," Lindelof said, adding that the storyline will likely have to be tweaked to accommodate the change in schedule.

The partial season is expected to kick off in February.

With the strike in its fourth day, networks now look likely to run out of fresh programming far sooner than anticipated, with most shows expected to be forced into reruns by Thanksgiving.

The networks had initially estimated that a backlog of finished scripts and completed episodes would keep most shows on the air into early 2008.

However, with many show runners refusing to cover nonwriting tasks on their series, including casting, editing and directing, production has stalled entirely on a number of prominent shows.

"When we're off the job, pretty much everything stops," Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry told the Los Angeles Times Wednesday.

Stars continued to turn out to show their support for the writers, with Ray Romano and the casts of shows including Ugly Betty and General Hospital taking their turns on the picket lines in L.A. Thursday. Robin Williams, David Duchovny, Julianne Moore, Tim Robbins, Roseanne Barr, Holly Hunter and David Hyde Pierce were spotted New York.

Meanwhile, speaking out in opposition of the strike Wednesday, former Disney chief Michael Eisner called the protests "insanity" and "too stupid" while warning writers they were giving up real income in the hopes of securing digital revenue that studios do not yet have.

"For a writer to give up today's money for a nonexistent piece of the future, they are misguided, they should not have gone on the strike," Eisner said at the Dow Jones/Nielsen Media and Money conference in New York. "I've seen stupid strikes, I've seen less stupid strikes, and this strike is just a stupid strike."

With no new talks between the WGA and the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers on the horizon, Industry watchers now fear the strike is likely to continue well into 2008.

Hello? Did anyone else watch the Lost: Missing Pieces on ABC's website? There will be a new one every Monday. I don't know if I can post the following on here or not, mods feel free to take it down if I can't. From ABC's website:
    Lost: Missing Pieces are 13 two- to three-minute stories of compelling, new, never-before-seen moments from the hit television show LOST. These newly-created scenes (not deleted scenes from previous episodes) reveal answers and new details about your favorite characters. For each story, we leave it up to the fans to figure out where these pieces fit into the overall mythology. The new stories are from the same creative team responsible for the series and feature the show's main actors in stories that have all the compelling values that make LOST one of the most popular dramas on television around the world.

The first one is Jack & his dad talking before his wedding. I'm ready to discuss.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;2665376;
    Hello? Did anyone else watch the Lost: Missing Pieces on ABC's website? There will be a new one every Monday. I don't know if I can post the following on here or not, mods feel free to take it down if I can't. From ABC's website:
    Lost: Missing Pieces are 13 two- to three-minute stories of compelling, new, never-before-seen moments from the hit television show LOST. These newly-created scenes (not deleted scenes from previous episodes) reveal answers and new details about your favorite characters. For each story, we leave it up to the fans to figure out where these pieces fit into the overall mythology. The new stories are from the same creative team responsible for the series and feature the show's main actors in stories that have all the compelling values that make LOST one of the most popular dramas on television around the world.

The first one is Jack & his dad talking before his wedding. I'm ready to discuss.
    Wow... I would hope anyone who watches these will be discussing them here, telling us what was on them, and giving their take as to how things fit in. If people object they could always be done in spoilers. I'd really like to hear what you learned.

LG.

I went and watched "the watch" on the Missing Pieces and it didn't really seem to move the plot along, just fill in some background. So, clip watchers, is that the same watch that Jack is wearing at the beginning of the series? I'm not sure if he's still wearing one or not.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Link Here

Question: This strike has me worried about the future of Lost. Since it looks like ABC will go ahead and air the eight completed episodes in early '08, what happens to the other eight? — Conor

Ausiello: It all depends on when the strike ends. If it ends in the next month or so, there's a good chance all 16 episodes will still air this season. If it goes on longer than that, the back eight would most likely be grouped in with next season's 16. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Question: One more Lost-related strike Q: How will the strike affect the return of Harold Perrineau (Michael) and Cynthia Watros (Libby)? — Conor

Ausiello: They both made the pre-strike cut — but just barely. Sources confirm that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Watros and Perrineau will show up in Episode 8. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they're both somehow involved in the mini cliff-hanger that Team Darlton's been teasing.

Question: I'm absolutely lost without Lost. Can you please pass along any details on Season 4 to tide me over? — Mike B.
    Ausiello: Episode 6 is Juliet-centric and features the return of three deceased characters: *o*****, **h*n, and **. *r*e*d**.
    I put in spoilers because TV Guide indicated it was a spoiler alert..though I don't think that's necessarily a spoiler here...also...the last question...that's how they had the names listed so I left them as is....

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2665448;
    I went and watched "the watch" on the Missing Pieces and it didn't really seem to move the plot along, just fill in some background. So, clip watchers, is that the same watch that Jack is wearing at the beginning of the series? I'm not sure if he's still wearing one or not.
    Those were my thoughts exactly. I was hoping someone else saw/heard something that I didn't. The only other thing I could think is that maybe Jack & Sara had a baby or she was pregnant or something.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2666946;
    Link Here

I put in spoilers because TV Guide indicated it was a spoiler alert..though I don't think that's necessarily a spoiler here...also...the last question...that's how they had the names listed so I left them as is....
    by the way for those who are interested and haven't figured it out yet..

Question: I'm absolutely lost without Lost. Can you please pass along any details on Season 4 to tide me over? — Mike B.
    Ausiello: Episode 6 is Juliet-centric and features the return of three deceased characters: *o*****, **h*n, and **. *r*e*d**.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the asterisks are Goodwin, Ethan, and Mr. Friendly.
    "We're going to have to watch that again" - John Locke

Link Here

Strike Outlaw? Lost Showrunner Returns to Work

Whatever you think about the writers' strike, ya gotta feel for guys like Lost writer-producer Carlton Cuse. As a writer, he's on strike. But as a producer... mmm, not so much. So even though he's a member of the WGA's negotiating committee, he's returning to work, at least to do some postproduction on the eight episodes that have already been shot. "We feel we owe that to our fans," he tells the New York Times. "We would harm our franchise if we didn't do it ourselves."

+ Reply to Thread