+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - season three

Re: Lost - season three

I don't know if this has been theorized yet, but I wanted to go on record with it. Even though it's just a theory, I'll spoiler it anyway (it's my take on how the series will end)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Since Desmond has these "flashes" my thought is that in the series finale he may be trying to meet up with everyone to keep them off the plane. What's happening now on the island is a flash-forward for him (and we've already seen evidence of this in his flash back episode) and in the end, he's going to try and change the future and keep as many of the castaways from getting on the plane as he can. Of course this is if the show doesn't kill him off . But if he does keep on living for the remainder of the series, I think this is what will happen. Of course he will probably have to get on the plane or die for this to happen. No good deed goes unpunished sort of thing. So even if we see some of our favorites and not so favorites being killed off, in the end this will all be changed and they will go on to live full lives because Desmond (or perhaps some other character) will change the "future." Hopefull I'll be on this board in three years to see if I'm right!

Uncle David - I'm just joshin' you. I DVR the show and watch on Thursdays with my son - he's too young to stay up and watch on Wednesdays. I do read all the spoilers and comments ahead of time, though. I figure that the show is so complex I'll still enjoy it. So far it's worked o.k. for me.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2397867;
    Was anyone else surprised that a New York dentist knew how to shoot like that?
    I haven't seen it yet, but I will toss out that my Ohio CPA husband was a marksman instructor at the Air Force Academy.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Yeah, I cried the whole episode too. Afterwards, I called my mom still in tears and she thought it was funny...

Charlie used to be my favorite character, then recently, he started getting on my nerves. But now that I look back on everything, I still adore him, and I hope he doesn't die!

I really like how the flashbacks were done this week. Short glimpses into the key moments in someone's life as opposed to one story.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2397492;
    And wherever you got that spoiler from on the last page ... it was dead on. I won't be reading any more of those.
    I feel the same way. Usually spoilers don't bother me and I love reading them... but for some reason this one bummed me out knowing all of it. So much for "potential" info And I bawled my eyes out as the episode progressed. I wasn't a huge Charlie fan, in fact he's bugged me with lots of what he's done... but I just cried so much (excellent writing). Definitely 3-hankie episode for me
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 05-17-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Okay, BbNbama Thank you for whiting out the spoiler information. I started reading last night's episode and stopped when it sounded too real. How the heck did you find out the details of the final two episodes.

I am a huge spoiler freak, but I have finally decided that Lost is not a show that I want to be spoiled about. I did not read the finale spoiler or the second half of the Charlie one -- I applaud myself for the restraint because I cannot freaking wait for next week. Then I am going to be waiting for 8 months for it to be back on. Guess I'll actually get work done on wednesdays.

Last night's eppy was really moving. The greatest hits list was such an inspired way to say goodbye rather than a sappy letter.

FORT Fogey

I read the spolier info yesterday, and was sorry as soon as I'd finished. The whited out lines of any post always tempt me too much to not highlight them, but that was so detailed that I wished I had resisted.

However, after watching the show last night, I was very glad that I did read it. I think I picked up on some things, and appreciated some things that I would not have if I had not read it. I look at it kind of like the real intended use for Cliff Notes (not the "avoid reading the real book but instead the "read this WITH the real book to notice and understand the literary devices that are there so you understand and appreciate it more). This episode stuck with me more than many have this season. Part of that is that the writing was so good. But I also think part of it was because of the advantage I had watching it with an anticipation of what would happen.

What a great episode!

Soooo sad how they portryed Charlie and his love for Claire and her son. And the things in his life that he is proud of. Why didn't he give Claire the ring and just say, hey, keep this for me until I get back ok?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It will probably get lost in the camp fight. At least Charlie dies a Hero. And he knows it too. How difficult would that be to know you have to die in order to save others? I couldn't deal with it.

So, there's chicks in the hatch. I wonder if Desmond will swim down to help Charlie, and distract security long enough for Charlie to hit the button.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But then Desmond survives? That wouldn't work, come to think of it because then Charlie's note would get wet and Claire would never see it.

I also thought that the helicopter that Desmond sees Claire rescued in may not be a rescue helicopter but another Other kidnapping. Who knows.

That was very smart of Sayid to tell Jack to buck up as the leader and not stay for the camp shootout. Good move.

I think that Roses husband will die. Sayid and the french lady will continue in the series.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Poor Hurley. He will be devestated by Charlie's death.

Wow, they sure have made Ben the most evil of evil! I love hating him so!

Shouldn't have read the spoilers. Not sure how I feel about it.
    Last edited by hepcat; 05-17-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: adding spoiler tags
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm still really shocked about that spoiler's accuracy...heads could roll on that at ABC if the leak is discovered. They can't be happy about it one bit.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by twilite;2398471;
    Charlie used to be my favorite character, then recently, he started getting on my nerves. But now that I look back on everything, I still adore him, and I hope he doesn't die!

I really like how the flashbacks were done this week. Short glimpses into the key moments in someone's life as opposed to one story.
    I totally agree with you! The episode really made me care about Charlie again & not want him to die! Also, loved the "flashbacks!"

Sawyer (Josh Holloway) on The View today...talked about how he showed up for the audition all scruffy and rough when the casting was for a "prada-wearing, slick" conman, and they re-did the part for him. Funny moment when he talked about being naked and confronted by a gunman in his house in Hawaii, and how vulnerable he felt with the "wrong gun in his own hand." Went over the audience's head. Also said he'd be mad if it ends up being a "purgatory" explanation at the end.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread