+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - season three

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2311512;
    So much for having this show all planned out I knew TPTB were full of it.

I continue to be amazed with your refreshing perspective on this show and the manner in which you constructively contribute to this conversation!

Some people prefer to write posts in support or defence of their position.

This includes people who watch the show each week because they like it. Some people are casual fans, some people watch it religiously, and still some border on (or, indeed, have crossed over) the dreaded "fan boy" line.

Others (pun not intended), who are more critical of the show, explain rationally their reasons why they feel this show has jumped the shark, or any additional complaint with the show in general.

On the otherhand, you appear to have adopted a posting style that is straight to the point with your opinion, and you are kind enough to repeatedly make it in this thread.

Thank you for your continued conversation and contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Beesenitch;2312617;
    I continue to be amazed with your refreshing perspective on this show and the manner in which you constructively contribute to this conversation!

This includes people who watch the show each week because they like it. Some people are casual fans, some people watch it religiously, and still some border on (or, indeed, have crossed over) the dreaded "fan boy" line.

Others (pun not intended), who are more critical of the show, explain rationally their reasons why they feel this show has jumped the shark, or any additional complaint with the show in general.

On the otherhand, you appear to have adopted a posting style that is straight to the point with your opinion, and you are kind enough to repeatedly make it in this thread.

Thank you for your continued conversation and contribution.
    Is it just me or is there just a hint of sarcasm in this post?

JR.

If you read through this thread, you'll see that I have explained my feeling for this show rationally on many occasions.

And I will continue to do so. If that upsets you, don't read them. I'm not posting to make you happy.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Happy Times!
    "We're going to have to watch that again" - John Locke

Same here.

Cutting to the heart of the matter, that we cannot rely upon what we've previously been told about the show serves in saving viewers like me from going too far overboard in getting bamboozled by a bunch of lying sacks of crud.

Consider the ending of that linked article which led to the comment you commented on which I'm now commenting on:

As for naysayers' claim that the episode was "filler," Cuse hints that Nikki and Paolo's fates may be a sign of what's to come: "In the progression that started with Eko's death [earlier this season], there's a sense that the island ultimately is collecting the souls of people who may not be redeemable.
    "...the island is collecting the souls of people who may not be redeemable"

I'd like to hear an explanation of how THAT wouldn't have crossed the line into Supernaturalville. I can imagine the assorted people on the island(s) being jerked around to a point up to or beyound death without it involving the supernatural, but there's going to have to be some explanation of just what is in it for the puppetmasters to be doing so to make that argument fly.

The island making a list, checking it twice as to who is redeemable and who isn't without necessitating further supernatural explanations, the island deciding already being one? Riiiight.

For their part, producers say they expected the episode to be "good watercooler" fodder. "People hated the characters before they even opened their mouths because it felt like they were crashing the party," says executive producer Damon Lindelof. "The easiest thing would've been to forget they ever happened, like the cougar on [the second season of] 24. But that's not Lost."

Instead, he and fellow show-runner Carlton Cuse decided to craft an episode that would serve as a rejoinder to the character criticism. "The audience rebelled against Nikki and Paolo [because] we introduced them in a way that they were supposed to believe they had been there all along," Lindelof says. "So our response was, 'Well, let's show the audience that they have been there all along.'"
    The commentary offered up by the writers and other tools of Grey's Anatomy exasperate the indigestion related to watching more than acting as a soothing elixer. Same sort of TUMS moment outcome seeing "show-runner" commentary here. They ought to collectively zip their yap traps and save it for the show.

I'm one of those that liked the episode spoken of. Having an episode that rocked as a stand alone contribution while having little or nothing to do with the series storyline other than in a killing off a miscalculation housekeeping chore did no harm and was enjoyable to view.

Were it not for the fact that the viewing natives of LOST are already on the warpath to some degree, they could have handled those two differently. Sawyer's "Who the hell's Nikki?" could have been offered up in sincerity rather than being the insider joke crack the 'show-runners' presumably cracked themselves up over.

Save me from the insider jokes, buster boys, and just move on with the program.

Fact is, on an island and a show such as we've seen so far, there's no reason to believe a couple couldn't have been inserted into the beach mix with most or all present not being aware of it. The 'show-runner's' just couldn't be bothered to work up the mental sweat that would be necessary to do so convincingly, so we get treated to a buried alive episode instead.

I'm with JR.. I'm not going to stop watching (at least not yet), am still opened to being entertained.

But I'm increasingly open to being irritated as well, especially at myself if I discover I've bought into without examination of the increasing sack of lies to the point of being too disappointing in some possible episode down the line where the show-runners that have received the word their shows been yanked will explain all in a single episode, maybe two.

I can see them doing that. Can't most folk?

This 'show-runner' crew doesn't seem to possess a firm grasp on the reins directing the show toward any apparent destination. Instead the questions expand until ultimately the show won't be able to maintain itself in an upright position any more than any other radically obese individual.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 04-04-2007 at 08:13 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    ANYWAYS getting back to lost, i hear fences and black smoke are back tonight.

darn what caused those flashes of light?
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Could that have been Smokey "taking pictures" of Kate or Juliette's memories? It's not the way Eko's were acquired but that's the only guess I could think of.

FORT Fogey
    Almost empty episode. Again.

The show is getting nowhere IMO.

FORT Fanatic
    looks like we will be treated to another juliet flashback next week. looks to be on-island too. perhaps its right when she arrives on the island

+ Reply to Thread