+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by radar;2108397;
    At least now we know how Jake and Hawkins learned most of their tactics, they both used to be pool guys.
    It looked to me like some of the language seen on Hawkin's computer screen could have been foreign. I thought it said something lke Koruyan, but I couldn't read the rest. I also couldn't read what was on Jake's passport, but it looked like he was in some kind of special forces, or something to that effect.
    I thought the lettering on the computer looked like Russian, but just had a glance at one of the big words.

LG.
    I just had a glance of Hawkins' computer, but I thought it looked like the page was encrypted, and that either Hawkins knew the key to decode it or else had a codeword to type it to see it unencrypted. He had some code word on the bottom edge of his credit card that he typed in to access the website in the first place. When Skeet was looking around with the farmer's scope, I knew he'd see Hawkins, but it was just too silly that Hawkins, without a scope, would look back and see Skeet and know exactly who it was. You knew it was coming, but just too unrealistic that when he's outside doing something he doesn't want others to see, in broad daylight, he just happens to look in the one direction where someone is looking at him. Small towns. I thought it was funny when IRS girl told the bar owner girl that Erik would never leave his wife for a "girl like them" and then at the end of the episode, into the bar walks Erik with his wife.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Maybe he saw the flash of the sun off the end of the scope? And that made him look there...might be able to recognize someone's general shape or clothes...tho I don't think he was wearing anything bright.

The bio info on Jake sure looked like he was a special ops guy or sniper. The last scene wasn't that clear. It looked like missles that had launched from silos (as in The Day After), but it was hard to tell. Again, during the cold war those missle silos would have been targeted for a first strike. If it was a retaliatory strike, who was it against? So many questions, so few answers. Aside from some of the soap opera aspects, this show has me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins;2104338;
    Thoughts:

1) Premise is good but LOST is better. I feel, with Jericho, that I'm watching the aftermath of a hurricane or tornado, and NOT the end of the world. They keep babbling about they only have gas for 30+ hours...so they keep the BAR open??? And if society is gone and dead, then why doesn't the grocery store lady realize this and quit whining about her loss of income?? EVERYONE has lost their income, Honey! You're old enough and wrinkled enough to be able to figure this one out on your own.

2) Ex Cop: Don't know if I like "The Others" sub-plot, especially bringing in the kids of his family. Initially, I thought he was in some Witness Protection Program, with having the kids rehearse their lines, but then again, if society, as we know it is dead, WHO'S going to be checking on their back story??? Doesn't make sense.

3) Unless Grocery Boy is SuperBoy in secret, HOW did he manage to drag a railway car full of food into the supermarket, and then stock it by himself? He said the train was 5 miles away; that would have meant a couple of days of transportation and resocking. And unless the milk in the train car was irradiated, it would have gone bad within hours of the train hitting that car.

No pun intended, but this show still seems a bit lost, to me. But, I'll watch the reruns of Comcast so I can talk to my roomie.
    Lambikins, I agree with everything you said, except about the ex cop. I think that is the only reason I am still watching to see who he really is.
    The grocery lady drives me nuts! & why is no one freaking out, no mass chaos?!?!?!
    Also, was it just me or were there tanks in the previews for last week that we never saw in the actual episode?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;2114616;
    Lambikins, I agree with everything you said, except about the ex cop. I think that is the only reason I am still watching to see who he really is.
    The grocery lady drives me nuts! & why is no one freaking out, no mass chaos?!?!?!
    Also, was it just me or were there tanks in the previews for last week that we never saw in the actual episode?
    There were tanks--you aren't nuts-- I have to guess they appear in some future episode....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2114821;
    There were tanks--you aren't nuts-- I have to guess they appear in some future episode....
    Glad I'm not crazy- I KNOW I saw tanks on a preview, then they magically never appeared (if that's at all possible).
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

ok, why would an enemy force detonate an EMP over a small town in kansas???

and dont tell me it was a huge EMP that blew out all the electronics in the US, cause a weapon of such magnitude doesnt exist yet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    It can't be to get the black guy's computer because they'd know that would be the one thing that could resist it... and surely they aren't working with him. Very weird.
    Horse rustlers! How quickly we return to the olden days. Apparently the water supply still works...wonder what kind of power it had. I was amused watching the mom and daughter trying to do the wash in the sink.

This was my least favorite episode to date. Too much personal story. Pbbbbttt!!
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

+ Reply to Thread