+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    The "good brother" (i can't remember his name) who's married to the Doc, checked it when he first stepped outside. Before everyone else. It was very brief, but essentially it just showed him holding it, testing, and there not being and sign of radiation. Which, if you remember, the scene with the lady (the farm adjuster) freaking out because she touched the water and the other guy kinda laughing at her for it because he knew it wasn't full of radiation.
    Hmmm no, musta blinked! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;2102220;
    The people in Jericho (especially the teens) definitely need a reality check! The world is fundamentally different now, and they need to start realizing that and act appropriately.

I love end of the world stories, but I would like Jericho better if they were sticking to the survival plot more, and less on some of the subplots. The affair between "good" son and the bartender is definitely not needed.

I'm also not sure if I like the plot with the "St.louis non-cop" and his family. It seems to overly complicate the story to me - why would the kids have to lie about where they are from?? Usually the best lie is close to the truth... if they came from Whereverville why can't they just say that??? I don't see any reason to hide their city of origin.

Skylar and her friends need a HUGE kick in the behind! Why on earth would they be having a PARTY when the world as they know it has ended??? Are they THAT stupid???

Also, the doctor seems to be carrying on with treatments like help is on the way... Wake up!! Sorry to break it to her, but resources are now limited, and should ONLY be used on people who are going to LIVE and be productive members of society... not on people who are 95% dead of radiation poisoning.

If the plots start running more toward soap opera than toward a surviving after armageddon plot, then I won't be watching much longer.
    I stopped watching this show after the 1st episode but my roommate BEGGED me to give it another try, saying 'It's SO good!" Fortunately, Comcast On Demand is showing all of the episodes for free, so I did a marathon viewing last week, to catch up on it.

Thoughts:

1) Premise is good but LOST is better. I feel, with Jericho, that I'm watching the aftermath of a hurricane or tornado, and NOT the end of the world. They keep babbling about they only have gas for 30+ hours...so they keep the BAR open??? And if society is gone and dead, then why doesn't the grocery store lady realize this and quit whining about her loss of income?? EVERYONE has lost their income, Honey! You're old enough and wrinkled enough to be able to figure this one out on your own.

2) Ex Cop: Don't know if I like "The Others" sub-plot, especially bringing in the kids of his family. Initially, I thought he was in some Witness Protection Program, with having the kids rehearse their lines, but then again, if society, as we know it is dead, WHO'S going to be checking on their back story??? Doesn't make sense.

3) Unless Grocery Boy is SuperBoy in secret, HOW did he manage to drag a railway car full of food into the supermarket, and then stock it by himself? He said the train was 5 miles away; that would have meant a couple of days of transportation and resocking. And unless the milk in the train car was irradiated, it would have gone bad within hours of the train hitting that car.

No pun intended, but this show still seems a bit lost, to me. But, I'll watch the reruns of Comcast so I can talk to my roomie.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

LG.
    I agree with you on a lot of points, lambi. Only one thing I'd point out is that the railroad car full of food was all non-perishable items, as it wasn't a refrigerator car. My hubby specifically pointed out that "powdered milk" was prominently featured, as that doesn't spoil like fresh milk, can be reconstituted for a long time after you get it by adding water. I like the survivalist plots, but think they need some side drama to keep it from being an army training manual on survival skills. watching this show makes mr. lg want to set up a bunker in our basement, however. People foolishly wasting precious depleting resources is wrong, but I think it would happen, especially with a silly teen like Skylar who is now without parents and generally an easily lead girl, as she's meanest to the grocery store boy when she's in front of her snobby friends. I think the psychological effects the changes have on this group of people is the most interesting part - reminds me of the movie "The Trigger Effect."
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Oh my gosh, this show must be in serious trouble because the show just ended 20 minutes ago (East Coast) and I am the 1st to post ???

I liked it and now I'm afraid that I am getting attached to a show that is just going to stop just like Windfall. There won't be any resolution the show just doesn't air anymore.

Maybe from now on I should let a show air for 2 years before I start getting interested.

Never fear FlyAKite. Jericho was picked up for the entire season

CBS has given a full-season order to its freshman series Jericho. The network credits the series with boosting its ratings for the night in key demographics.

Jericho averages 11.3 million weekly viewers, and has lifted CBS's Wednesday 8-9 p.m. ratings almost 50 percent over last year. The show stars Skeet Ulrich, Gerald McRaney, and Ashley Scott in a tale of a Midwestern town dealing with the aftermath of a nuclear bomb explosion.

Jericho is the second new series to get a full-season pickup.
    Source: http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&s...y_list;title;6

i doubt the whole world is "dead" a nuclear attack isnt going to totally wipe out everyone, just those in the big cities and surrounding areas.

and i would have liked for them to have seen the press conference or whatever it was that was gonna be on the TV before they lost the feed. they would have maybe at least learned who it was who attacked them, and who it was that those ICBMs where launched against.

ps: as far as i know, there are no mountains in kansas.

Man, that final shot of the ?defense missles? freaked me out.

So, Jake has a flagged passport and it made Hawkins happpy- why? To convert him to his way of thinking, or b/c now he can believe Jake is an untrustworthy adversary?
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAKite;2107809;
    Oh my gosh, this show must be in serious trouble because the show just ended 20 minutes ago (East Coast) and I am the 1st to post ???

I liked it and now I'm afraid that I am getting attached to a show that is just going to stop just like Windfall. There won't be any resolution the show just doesn't air anymore.

Maybe from now on I should let a show air for 2 years before I start getting interested.
    Nope, just that W has turned into a good TV night.. I go from here to LOST (I expect there is a lot of overlap in the audiences...both "survivor" type shows) and then have gotten hooked on The Nine that follows right after...in a sense also a survivor type show of a different type.
    I agree, good show, shocker ending.
    Re the mtns...yeah...not sure why they picked Kansas...Oz? Superman? Heartland image? They could have had more fun with a more varied state.

FORT Newbie

jericho ending

this is the 1st episode I saw. So, i only know the premise that their was some huge nuclear event in the U.S. When the signal went off form D.C. and you see the sky(rocekts, shuttle) I thought it was the government moving to space or the moon. That would have been cool.

At least now we know how Jake and Hawkins learned most of their tactics, they both used to be pool guys.
    It looked to me like some of the language seen on Hawkin's computer screen could have been foreign. I thought it said something lke Koruyan, but I couldn't read the rest. I also couldn't read what was on Jake's passport, but it looked like he was in some kind of special forces, or something to that effect.

+ Reply to Thread