+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    You may be right Leftcoaster, but I think they hinted at one additional aspect in the pilot. The guy from St Louis said something about blacking out the name of the town on the sheriffs vehicles, as not let on that they'd survived. I think it's possible that down the road, they'll decide that they have to work to hide the fact they survived, fearing that the attacker could come back to finish the job. If that were to happen, then there's a mysterious force for them to come together to fight.
    That's one part I didn't understand. Jericho just seems like any random small US town. I can't imagine why any attacker could care one way or another that Jericho survived. Unless there is some sort of secret government installation there, or something else of some significance that we haven't been made aware of yet.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to watch this show. While I thought the idea of a realistic portrayal of the ensuing drama that would occur in a small middle american town after a nuclear explosion would be interesting, I couldn't get over a couple of the glaring continuity/production/location errors that the producers made. I just couldn't suspend disbelief -

Every-time I saw the commercial for the series that showed a visible mushroom cloud in the mountains in the distance, I laughed. I live in Denver. My parents live in Missouri. I've driven across Kansas and back at least once a year since 1982. The Kansas border is at least 150 miles from Denver. Due to the curvature of the earth, there is no possible way to see mountains, let alone a mushroom cloud over Denver (which is on the plains, not in the mountains). CBS says it's 149 miles west of Wichita, yet the their road map places it in Oakley, another 70 miles east of CO.

Also they seem to think that western Kansas is scrub brush/desert, when it's rolling prairie and farmland. I can only guess that the location manager and producers have never actually been to Kansas. Apparently they did shoot some exteriors in Lawrence, which is like 50 miles from MO, on the other side of the state. That's Hollywood for you. Smallville does a much better job using Canada to represent KS.

Then I just happened to find myself with nothing to watch tonight, so while flipping through the channels I went ahead gave it a look. I actually missed the first 20 minutes, but will download it later. The commercials gave me enough to kind of fill in the blanks (Prodigal son returns to small town to visit parents, on way out of town, bomb goes off, chaos ensues,yada yada yada). It wasn't bad. I'm a Gerald McRainey fan and I like the general premise. I'll give it another look next week (even if the biggest science fiction part of the show is that it's supposed to be taking place in Kansas).

To answer some of the questions that some have asked here:

Jake said he learned how to do the emergency tracheotomy in Military school (not a stretch as there is St. John's Military School in Salina, maybe the producers did a little homework after all).

I don't think that the sheriff was advised to paint out the town name on his car because the attackers might learn they're there, but other survivors and refugees might.

Anyhoo, that's all I've got for now...
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 09-24-2006 at 12:02 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

You’d think that after Katrina or any one of a number of natural or manmade disasters we have had in recent years that folks would be more forward-thinking in terms of basic preparations for disruptions, just another type of insurance. Doesn’t seem to work that way, though. A certain percentage may “wake up”; the rest generally either don’t believe it could really happy to them or think .gov will be there to save them.

There was an excellent British tv series in the 1970s called “Survivors”. It lasted 3 seasons and might have gone on except they tossed a key actress. It was a “what if” when a pandemic illness took out almost the entire population. The remnants had to rebuild and deal with social upheaval as well as infrastructure issues and a growing shortage of goods we take for granted. The DVD is available. I highly recommend at least the first season.

No reason Jericko couldn’t go on for a while if it is presented realistically. At least that is what I will be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom View Post
    I don't think that the sheriff was advised to paint out the town name on his car because the attackers might learn they're there, but other survivors and refugees might.
    That's the meaning I took from it as well.

I was really looking forward to this series. I love "dark" shows. But the whole schoolbus thing was just corny. The show will need to get a little more dark and a little less hokey if I'm going to continue watching.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I wasn't completely sold on this show after the first episode, but I do love Lennie James so I'll stick with it for now for him if nothing else.

I do think the show has potential, but agree with Q, it needs to get darker.

FORT Newbie
    Hello, maybe one of you Jericho fans would know the answer to a trivia question that was asked to me. After the explosion, everyone headed in many different directions. Where did Dale Turner's mom decide to go?
    Thanks...........

Dale is that boy that works in the grocery, right? His Mom died in Atlanta and left a message on the answering machine.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

So, if the Morse code is to be believed:
    Denver
    San Diego
    ?Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Atlanta

then 3 more pins went in before fading away

I liked today's show except how readily our protagonist new how to rig dynamite to seal the mine shaft. The writers should have at least had one of the mine workers suggest that.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    That's the meaning I took from it as well.

I was really looking forward to this series. I love "dark" shows. But the whole schoolbus thing was just corny. The show will need to get a little more dark and a little less hokey if I'm going to continue watching.
    I'm right there with you, Qboots. An atom bomb drops and the towns biggest problem is a lost school bus....oh wait...and another bus of convicts? Pure 100% hockum. In regards to the lost prodigal returning home to the estranged father figure; don't we already have that on SAVED?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Any Morse Code experts out there that can decipher the rest of the radio message, or did anyone catch what he was writing down on the slip of paper?

+ Reply to Thread