+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I saw it last night and enjoyed it. However, the nuclear holocaust premise may be too dark right now (with what is happening in the world) for most viewers. That might doom this show.
    I think that is what is going to make viewers connect with it. If they had tried this five years ago, everyone would have said, "not possible." Now, it makes them think.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I watched the first half of this, and that pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I watched the first half of this, and that pretty much says it all.

I understand what you mean (a lot of setting things up), but honestly, the second half got better. I really liked the part when they revealed that the phone call from the kid's mother came from Atlanta. It made me sick to my stomach.

My Wednesdays are going to be awful busy between Lost, ANTM, Jericho, and Ghosthunters. I really need to get a life!

In all actuality, Jericho will probably be cancelled, freeing up a little of my time.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

I watched Jericho on the internet (innertube), pretty good didn't have many commercial breaks . Jericho does make you think though. If this did happen how would you cope? How long would you have electricity? How would you cope with getting food? Does anyone you know know how to make bread from just the wheat grains for instance?
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    Jericho does make you think though. If this did happen how would you cope? How long would you have electricity? How would you cope with getting food? Does anyone you know know how to make bread from just the wheat grains for instance?
    I tried making tortillas one time from hard red wheat -- it was easy. They weren't the best tortillas that I'd ever had, but they were nice enough -- especially if you get them while they're hot. They reminded me of the flat bread I ate in Jerusalem (well, sort of).

Your post illustrates what I like about Jericho. It is thought provoking. The whole world can change in a blink and as responsible adults, we have to understand what we would do for our families. Jericho illustrates that thinking. I think I will be entertained and challenged while watching this series. Some say this show is dark, but it is not any darker than CSI or a hundred other ultra-realistic and graphic modern television programs (don't let me catch anyone who thinks THIS show is dark in the CSI forum)!
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ok, CEO, if I'm stuck like in Jericho, you're coming with me.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    ok, CEO, if I'm stuck like in Jericho, you're coming with me.
    You're not getting any of my flat bread unless you bring HAM (radio, that is)!
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I tuned into this show, but too late to see the explosive beginning.The aftermath shown doesn't leave me eagerly awaiting coming episodes. The best part of what I saw was the young man playing the recording of his family members apparent death, not in Denver, but Atlanta, and the reaction to all that implied from those present.

I didn't at all care for the musical score incorporated into the background.

I can't imagine this show lasting more than a single season, there isn't anything at all positive connected to its premise. Even assuming no other cities were (presumably) destroyed beyond Denver and Altlanta, their loss would fundamentally alter life negatively for the nation as a whole for a decade, likely longer.

In the short term, with the exceptions one could reasonably expect in reality and moreso from storyline needs of the show, I figure the residents of Jericho will bond together communally in short order to more ably deal with the problems they face than they could possibly do as ununited individuals. I suppose it will be interesting to see how they bond, how they cull the undesirable from their ranks, and how they repell the amoral outside marauders that should be expected to descend on their community to rape plunder and pillage.

But how will any long term interest be generated for a show like this, where unless the time frame shown varies from real time? The forseeable future for Jericho contains nothing beyond a bleak unending stuggle to survive.

That isn't entertainment.

FORT Fogey
    You may be right Leftcoaster, but I think they hinted at one additional aspect in the pilot. The guy from St Louis said something about blacking out the name of the town on the sheriffs vehicles, as not let on that they'd survived. I think it's possible that down the road, they'll decide that they have to work to hide the fact they survived, fearing that the attacker could come back to finish the job. If that were to happen, then there's a mysterious force for them to come together to fight.

I just watched online...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz.... it was ok, but I just couldn't connect with the characters. I'll give it another shot next week and if I can't feel for the characters, I won't watch. Unfortunate because I think Skeet is gorgeous!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread