+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

Crap, I can't believe I forgot to watch the premiere when I've been looking forward to this since I started seeing the previews. I'll have to make a special effort to remember it next week. I wonder if they'll show the premiere again? They sometimes do for new shows.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fogey
    I"m not sure what I think of this show. I decided to give it a try until it bored me, and then I'd switch to Dancing With the Stars. I never switched to Dancing. It intrigued me, and kept my attention. However, when it was over, I didn't feel any sort of dissapointment that it was over, and didn't think that I couldn't wait to see what happened next. That makes me think I won't be remembering to watch in future weeks, and I get the feeling that it's the kind of show that once you miss a few episodes, you're not going to get back into it again soon.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    Crap, I can't believe I forgot to watch the premiere when I've been looking forward to this since I started seeing the previews. I'll have to make a special effort to remember it next week. I wonder if they'll show the premiere again? They sometimes do for new shows.
    It is supposed to be on Saturday evening.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I liked it. I wondered if the hero had been in prison (too much Prison Break watching here! ), altho then you'd think other townsfolk might know of where he was....maybe he's been in the brig? He seems to have done something his dad considered disgraceful/stupid that resulted in a 5 year absence. If he'd helped out in the prison hospital he might have picked up a few medical skills. This particular one though...you can read how to do it in a book on medicine for hikers/backpackers/mtn. climbers.
    I think the deaf girl is clearly going to get a story...just hope it isn't her being attacked by the escaped prisoners while hiding in the basement from radiation or something.
    Wonder why that one prisoner was still in the bus and shot the sheriff.... I mean probably shot him to keep him from giving the alarm, but why hadn't he run off? Too injured?

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think the deaf girl is clearly going to get a story...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    According to IMDB, she is only cast for two of the five episodes that have been made.

At first, I thought she was going to be the love interest (buddy's sister all grown up, kiss kiss kiss), but now it is obvious that the school teacher with the broken leg is going to be the one. Obvious.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was very disappointed with this show. The way the commercials were edited made it look nice and promising.

Also, what's up with taking a top 40 song and only using five seconds of it? It's as if the editors were like "Hey, what's a cool song on the radio we can quick throw into the storyline to reel in viewers. Who cares if it doesn't make sense to the plotline."
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I actually really enjoyed it. It was taped because currently there are about 10 other shows on Wed nights. Just wait till lost and stuff comes back too! yikes.

I like the premise, I like the mystery. I like it all. It reminds of a book I read in grade 9. Can't remember the name currently, but it seems very much like it. I will be watching it again. If taped, but I hope they let it run.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I was very disappointed with this show. The way the commercials were edited made it look nice and promising.

Also, what's up with taking a top 40 song and only using five seconds of it? It's as if the editors were like "Hey, what's a cool song on the radio we can quick throw into the storyline to reel in viewers. Who cares if it doesn't make sense to the plotline."
    Are you talking about The Killers song in the beginning? I think it was very apropos:

When there's nowhere else to run
    Is there room for one more son
    One more son
    If you can hold on
    If you can hold on, hold on

I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
    You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
    I wanna shine on, in the hearts of men
    I want a meaning from the back of my broken hand

Another head aches, another heart breaks
    I'm so much older than I can take
    And my affection, well it comes and goes
    I need direction to perfection, no no no no

Help me out - Yeah
    You know you got to help me out - Yeah
    Oh, don't you put me on the back burner

And when there's nowhere else to run
    Is there room for one more son
    These changes ain't changing me
    The cold-hearted boy I used to be

Yeah
    Oh don't you put me on the back burner
    You're gonna bring yourself down - Yeah
    You're gonna bring yourself down

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
    (time, truth, and hearts)
    Yeah
    You're gonna bring yourself down

Over and in, last call for sin
    While everyone's lost, the battle is won
    With all these things that I've done
    All these things that I've done
    (Time, Truth, and Hearts)
    If you can hold on
    If you can hold on

I think (and I'm always wrong on these things!!) that maybe he has medical school training (that's why he needed the money) but didn't want to justify it at the risk of failing at it (school).
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

I saw it last night and enjoyed it. However, the nuclear holocaust premise may be too dark right now (with what is happening in the world) for most viewers. That might doom this show.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I'm with you Speed, the commercials were better than the show. I gave it a shot, but it lost my interest really quick.

+ Reply to Thread