+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

I was hoping they'd get to what the receiver was all about last night. But of course timewise (to fit an hour) they certainly couldn't. I was really hoping it'd be Gray too. I really don't like him and I know he's there to be the anti-mayor mayor. But, what happens if he wins the election? What happens with the power that the boys have now?
    I thought it was really cute when Hawkins took his family to the re-lighting and was able to finally tell his son "this is what daddy did at work today". I thought that was really sweet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I agree, canadian angel, really sweet!
    So who killed the shopkeeper lady? Emily's dad to show he's still "got it"? Or that rebellious underling to show he can take charge?

I'm liking Hawkins more and more as time goes on. He's obviously shady to some extent, but he has shown the softer side that he loves his family, and for the mostpart, has the good of the townspeople in mind as well. My fave scene was when he photoshopped himself into the family portrait.
    I think Mitch killed Gracie. Although it could be a surprise, and Ravenswood may be behind it.
    Althhough Emily's Dad is definitely shady, I don't think he's a cold blooded killer. He's shown a softer side at times too. Obviously protecting his daughter is expected of a Father, but I'm talking about showing up at the bridge to help ward off Ravenswood, and in some of his dealings with Jake. He always compromised with Jake, when if he was going to be a big killer, killing Jake would have made more sense than than Gracie from the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2155188;
    I agree, canadian angel, really sweet!
    So who killed the shopkeeper lady? Emily's dad to show he's still "got it"? Or that rebellious underling to show he can take charge?
    I was definitely thinking the guy who wants to stage a coup against Jonah. Or one of the other men unhappy with how Jonah's running things. Then again it could be someone totally unrelated trying to stir trouble within the town.

I think the person that killed the shopkeeper was the teenage boy who was with Jonah earlier in the episode. He seemed especially angry to have to give up whatever it was he was trying to take.

Morse code for tonight ~ "6 and ends with"
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Hmm, wonder what that means??

I missed the line where they said what was going to happen to Jonah... was he being expelled from the town? The county? The state? Could someone fill me in?
    Wonder if people will assume he killed Mitchell.

How predictable was it that Blondie's fiance would wander into town just as she was about to hook up publically with her ex. And where was her good friend Heather? Not like anyone can stay home and watch TV... I'd expect most single folks would be in the bar with the candles and music.

I had a phone call during most of this show tonight. I had seen commercials during the week saying that tonight's show was going to be the fall finale. Any idea as to when it might be back on the air? Is it going to be like Lost and be off the air for so many weeks? Is it even coming back on in the new year?

I can't believe how many shows I started watching this season only to have them canceled after a few showings. I have never noticed so many shows going this route before.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2161692;
    I had a phone call during most of this show tonight. I had seen commercials during the week saying that tonight's show was going to be the fall finale. Any idea as to when it might be back on the air? Is it going to be like Lost and be off the air for so many weeks? Is it even coming back on in the new year?

I can't believe how many shows I started watching this season only to have them canceled after a few showings. I have never noticed so many shows going this route before.
    Jericho is coming back in Feb., and running the rest of the shows consecutively, without repeats.
    This season, the other networks have taken a page from Fox, to adapt this strategy.
    You have Prison Break, Lost, Jericho, and Heroes has their fall finale next week. 24 has been the most successful by running repeat free.
    I do agree with you regarding the number of cancelled serial type shows. Smith, Kidnapped, Runaway, Vanished, and now, probably The Nine. It was pulled from tonight's lineup.

I have this show on as often as not when its playing; as often as not I pay only partial attention to it (at most).

From what I've seen, the vast majority of these folk deserve to die, excepting maybe the town bad guys; at least they seem to take some proactive steps toward furthering their survival to a degree even if their plan comes from the Evil play book.

For most of the rest, a nuke 'em all chant seems appropriate. There's a possibility that there is safety in numbers, but I don't see it manifested in this peculiar burg. I'm pretty certain if I were there I'd either be long gone with those I cared about or setting up a house/bunker removed from the town proper.

No community spirit to speak of, lacking some serious communal effort to generate some conceivably reliable food source those that wish to live should be acting on their own, and that doesn't mean standing at the front of the pissing and moaning brigade wanting to divy up food that showed up unexpectedly or fiquring to last long through becoming a lowlife looter.

Being from Kansas, these people ought to be familiar with the phrase 'Getting out of Dodge', if I found myself in a real life situation looking anything like Jericho, Kansas of tv stinkerdom I'd get out while the getting was good.

Not now......RIGHT NOW

+ Reply to Thread