+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;2129690;
    The town wasn't decorated for Halloween prior to the bombings, but I think that the townspeople are trying to keep some sense of normalcy for the children, hence the halloween decorations and party. Just my take on it.
    Pegging the current timeline at Halloween means that the action of the series didn't start concurrent with the actual date of the show's premiere, because we've also been told its only been a few weeks since the "attack". Okay, that's confusing as all hell, but its their show, so whatever. But now are we going to believe the timing of the Christmas show when they get around to that, and yet also act like there have only been another week or two of plot movement since THIS episode?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2130546;
    Pegging the current timeline at Halloween means that the action of the series didn't start concurrent with the actual date of the show's premiere, because we've also been told its only been a few weeks since the "attack". Okay, that's confusing as all hell, but its their show, so whatever. But now are we going to believe the timing of the Christmas show when they get around to that, and yet also act like there have only been another week or two of plot movement since THIS episode?
    They will probably do another time jump to further keep the time line closer to real life. They kind of had to do it because the first couple of episodes were essentially the 36 hours after the bombings.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    This week's episode looks like it could be exciting... the brothers run into some Trouble while trying to find medicine for daddy.
    Loved the kiss between bad boy and Heather? last week! I think she would definitely be a better match for him than his blonde ex-girlfriend.

FORT Newbie
    I don't know if I can keep watching the show. It's just not realistic. Most of the townspeople act like they are detached from reality. C'mon people ! Most of country and millions of people just died from a nuclear attack and they have parties, hang in a bar drinking beer, have halloween festivities(think they could have better use for pumpkins). Feel like I'm watching the OC instead of an post apocalyptic scenario. Were there not many people traveling through the highways when the initial attack happened ? There are so many holes in the storyline that I find it almost comical.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061109/tv_nm/jericho_dc_1

CBS to split "Jericho" season in two By Nellie Andreeva
    Wed Nov 8, 11:31 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - CBS will split the first season of its nuclear-holocaust drama "Jericho" into two half seasons of all-original episodes. Back-to-back episodes of veteran comedy "The King of Queens" will fill in for the rookie series while it is on hiatus.

The first half of "Jericho's" freshman season will end November 29 with a cliffhanger finale. The series, starring Skeet Ulrich, will return February 14 with a recap of the first 11 episodes, followed by a new episode every Wednesday for the rest of the season.

CBS' scheduling department studied the ratings performance of a lot of serialized dramas, from "Dallas" and "Knots Landing" to ABC's "Lost" and "Housewives," before making the split-season decision on "Jericho."

The pattern mirrors the fall/spring season scheduling for Fox's "Prison Break" introduced last year and a similar template employed this year by ABC's "Lost."

During "Jericho's" 10-week hiatus, CBS will continue the show's first 11 episodes on the network's broadband channel Innertube where "Jericho" has been the most-streamed CBS program.

Additionally, CBS will create a special site for the show, which will include original content, interactive elements, recaps and sneak previews. While "Jericho" is off, promos for the show will continue to run, directing viewers to the Web site.

Quote Originally Posted by jman425;2133262;
    I don't know if I can keep watching the show. It's just not realistic. Most of the townspeople act like they are detached from reality. C'mon people ! Most of country and millions of people just died from a nuclear attack and they have parties, hang in a bar drinking beer, have halloween festivities(think they could have better use for pumpkins). Feel like I'm watching the OC instead of an post apocalyptic scenario. Were there not many people traveling through the highways when the initial attack happened ? There are so many holes in the storyline that I find it almost comical.
    Yup. I have that bubble of disbelief too. It just doesn't FEEL convincing. People aren't scared enough. People aren't violent enough. People aren't greedy enough. The "small town values triumph over adversity" message is just cloying, and a bit unbelievable in its execution.

Heck, I almost found myself cheering for the supposed "bad guy", Gray. At least he's acting a bit more "real", even if in a pre-nuke world he comes off as a real creep.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I often wonder just what all these people in Jericho would have done had Jake NOT returned! For being the prodigal son, they sure would be lost without him. His cop brother doesn't seem too bright!

In each episode, he is doing something for the good of the people. First, he performs the life-saving tracheotomy on the girl on the school bus….with a pen or straw of course. That leads to him saving the busload of kiddies. Then he plays a big role in evacuating the townspeople to that mine…..and of course, he knows where the stash of TNT is and he knows how to rig and detonate.

He is the one who finds out that the ex-cop is using a computer out in the open so he realizes the ex-cop is up to something. He is the one who has major issues with the horse thieves. He is the one who somewhat protects grocery boy from the teen punks. I can’t remember for sure, but he probably helped pick corn too. (I am almost positive he helped decorate the place for Halloween and help organize a Halloween party for the kids! )

He is also the one who has the chat with his ex-girlfriend’s estranged father and gets his car back…..just in time to drive it to Rogue River to get meds for his ill father. He knows how to decode the FEMA markings on the homes in Rogue River…..didn’t anyone in Jericho watch any coverage of Katrina???? Of course, he also had a hand in fending off the troops that stormed the hospital.

Now he is going to stay up all night watching over his family’s home. Now that he knows the bad guys know exactly where they live…thanks to big brother.....they are on their way.

Has the morse code at the beginning of each show been discussed? Last week it was "pray for NYC." This week it was "Rob not FBI."
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2136261;
    Has the morse code at the beginning of each show been discussed? Last week it was "pray for NYC." This week it was "Rob not FBI."
    Not that I've seen--wow! Interesting! Any others?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I was pretty sure that he wasn't FBI even with the badge. An undercover agent from another country (not that I'm sure that's what he is) would know enough to get a fake that would pass inspection (at least when they couldn't contact an FBI office for varification). There is still something up with him, he's just not right.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread