+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2116734;
    It can't be to get the black guy's computer because they'd know that would be the one thing that could resist it... and surely they aren't working with him. Very weird.
    Horse rustlers! How quickly we return to the olden days. Apparently the water supply still works...wonder what kind of power it had. I was amused watching the mom and daughter trying to do the wash in the sink.
    Time to dig up some washboards and maybe a wringer washer!!
    What did farmers do to keep bugs off of their crops before the advent of pesticides?? I guess the farmers need to take some lessons from Pa Ingalls!

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk;2116210;
    ok, why would an enemy force detonate an EMP over a small town in kansas???
    The EMP was blasted very high in the atmosphere. Just because it was visibile and had effects in Jericho does not mean it was targeted at Jericho. Think of something that high and that bright like you would the moon -- would you say, "why does the moon shine over a small town in Jericho?" It doesn't but you can see it there because it is so far away.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;2116998;
    What did farmers do to keep bugs off of their crops before the advent of pesticides??
    Before people started drenching our food in pesticides, food was pretty much able to look after itself and insects hadn't yet developed the super immune system that prevents them from being killed by anything but the most powerful of toxins.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2117200;
    Before people started drenching our food in pesticides, food was pretty much able to look after itself and insects hadn't yet developed the super immune system that prevents them from being killed by anything but the most powerful of toxins.
    And we didn't farm 100's or 1000's of acres per farm. Everyone basically grew for themselves and a little extra to sell. If you've only got 10 or 20 tomato plants you can pick the bugs off yourself...not if you've got 2000. Plus w/o 1000's of the same plant together you don't get as much of the fungus etc., because you don't have such a big bunch of "victims" in one place.
    And sometimes people starved...that's why the Mormons have that seagull statue... the gulls saved them from a plague of locusts literally that would have starved them.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk;2116210;
    ok, why would an enemy force detonate an EMP over a small town in kansas???

and dont tell me it was a huge EMP that blew out all the electronics in the US, cause a weapon of such magnitude doesnt exist yet.
    I think you're wrong about that. I'm sure that there are huge EMP's at least in the developmental stage - it just isn't common knowledge. And, why would the black gentleman have a shielded computer unless it had been developed for just such an event?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

There seemed to a major chunk if information put out there last night but it may not have shed that much light Gray's description of how New York City's security measures prevented the detonation of a 20 Kiloton device in a truck could indicate the ultimate terrorism nightmare scenario. Of course the idea of multiple, coordinated attacks using "portable" nuclear bombs does seem to be a bit a reach. It's hard to imagine that any individual or group of terrorist organizations could marshall that many devices. One would think that only a government entity that had these weapons could do that. The question then would be "which government?". Somehow I don't think that any terrorist organization could light off a high atmosphere EMP nuke that would cause such widespread electronic disruption. When I think about it, I still don't really know where the writers are going with this.

Okay I get that this showed aired around Halloween, but I thought it was kind of silly to see all of the Halloween decorations, etc., shown on the show last night. The townspeople have nothing else to consider at this time in their lives??? There were shots of the "downtown" area of Jericho and all of the stores were decorated for Halloween. Even the chick from Washington, DC mentioned that it has been four weeks since the attack, so I doubt all of these places would have been decorated prior to the attack. Just seemed silly to me.

Thank God for innertube! I screwed up taping Jericho & Lost. Watching Jericho now, Lost is next.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2127104;
    Okay I get that this showed aired around Halloween, but I thought it was kind of silly to see all of the Halloween decorations, etc., shown on the show last night. The townspeople have nothing else to consider at this time in their lives??? There were shots of the "downtown" area of Jericho and all of the stores were decorated for Halloween. Even the chick from Washington, DC mentioned that it has been four weeks since the attack, so I doubt all of these places would have been decorated prior to the attack. Just seemed silly to me.
    The town wasn't decorated for Halloween prior to the bombings, but I think that the townspeople are trying to keep some sense of normalcy for the children, hence the halloween decorations and party. Just my take on it.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Excellent ~ Jericho is being discussed at the Fort!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread