+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Class

The Class

The Class

Premieres: Monday, Sept 18th, CBS and CTV at 8:00 PM (30 min.)
    Show Category: Comedy
    ---------------
    Attachment 18175

In this CBS comedy created by David Crane (Friends), and Jeffrey Klarik (Mad About You), a group of twenty-somethings who were third-grade classmates are reunited at a surprise party 20 years later. What will happen when they find out what each other's lives are like now?

The cast includes Jason Ritter as Ethan Haas, who planned the reunion of his fellow classmates, and who is crazy about his fiancÚ; Heather Goldenhersh as Lina Warbler, who truly believes in love, although she doesn't have that much luck in it; Lizzy Caplan as Kat Warbler, Lina's twin-sister, a cynical and sarcastical person; Jon Bernthal as Duncan Carmello, who still lives with his mother (Julie Halston); Sean Maguire as Kyle Lendo, a man that every girl had a crush during high school, but now he is living with his boyfriend Richie Velch. Jesse Tyler Ferguson portraits Richie, a unhappy man who's life hasn't treated him well since high school. Lucy Punch plays Holly Ellenbogen, a married woman who wants to have her revenge on Kyle. She's married to Perry Pearl (Sam Harris). Andrea Anders plays Nicole Allen, Yonk Allen's (David keith) trophy wife, who was once in love with Duncan.

http://www.tv.com/the-class/show/58057/summary.html
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-19-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This sounds more like an hour-long drama than a half hour comedy. There might be too many characters to follow in such a short period of time.

I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the first episode. Considering the size of the cast and that it was 1/2 hr. they did a great job of showing various personalities and having them interact around the reunion.

Lots of laughs! I'll tune in again.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I thought it was meh at best. The acting was terrible and the dialogue worst.

I'm not too impressed either. The one guy who hooked up with the chick from Joey just doesn't do it for me. He's just odd looking. And the premise that they were all in 3rd grade together isn't interesting. I just can't see myself tuning into this. The only shows on that channel, that night, that I care to see are How I Met Your Mother and CSI:Miami. I don't even care about 2 1/2 Men anymore. So Alan (from 2 1/2 Men) is dumped once again. Boring.

FORT Fogey
    the 3rd grade is too far fetched to me. Blah!!! not as keeper

FORT Fogey
    I had seen an extended preview of the show which I wasn't impressed with. I liked the full show a bit better. I can't say I'm sold on it, but I will give it another chance. As I remember, the pilot for Friends wasn't all that impressive, but things worked out pretty well for it. This one is going to ride on just how much they emphasize the quirks of all the characters, and how they move back and forth among them. I think what it is missing right now is one normal, sane character who can serve as the eyes of the audience. If they can develop that, and find the right balance between being true to the others quirks, but not over doing them, it could be okay. But they're definitley walking a narrow line.

CCL
    I thought it was crap. I thought most of the characters were way too broad, almost descending into stereotypes - oh, the quirky girl who always wear hats and just needs someone to love! Oh there's the sullen girl with the alternative-rocker hairstyle and the deadpan expression who will talk some sense into everyone when she's not acting too cool to care! Oh, here comes the flamboyantly gay husband whose wife is inexplicably unaware that he is gay! Etc, etc. There seemed to be some "real" characters in the show - the Joey girl, the guy who came out on prom night, maybe the Ritter character. But they seemed like they were overshadowed by the others...overacted by the others, if you will (and not in a good way). Maybe they will tone it down in future episodes and it will become a Friends-like hit. The thing is, I don't recall Friends being so over-the-top quirky from the get-go (and I saw the second episode of Friends quite recently).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I've taped this and am hoping it's good, mostly because of Ritter--I liked him on the show where he was in a wheelchair and I liked his dad... hoping it makes it.

I watched all 6 of these episodes back to back and I think it's actually getting better - not so hokey and predictable?
    I like some of the dialogue and the comebacks.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to know what Jason Ritter's character's note said *it was not Happy Wednesday!*
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast