+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo View Post
    For those who think she's too young to play a network executive, her character's based on a real-life executive who was younger than Peet is now(per this review).
    I think you're talking about Jamie Tarses, who at the time was 32 when she headed ABC. BTW, there were always rumors that she and Matthew Perry dated (in real life)...

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,1679,00.html

Not sure it the Amanda Peet character will date Matthew Perry's character but ...

I saw David Caruso put on his sunglasses, stare broodily into the camera and make some self-righteous comment last night. I'll give this show a chance next week.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I missed the pilot last night, and NBC won't allow Canadians to watch the reruns on their website, so I had to be creative in getting the episode, if you know what I mean. But I'm glad to now know that CTV is actually airing new episodes one full day BEFORE NBC does. CTV will be airing them Sunday nights at 10pm Eastern, so us Canadians will have 2 chances to catch new episodes.

As I was saying, just watched the pilot, and I loved it. I loved Judd Hirsch on it, I hope they get him back for future episodes. He's great at playing both comic relief (Independence Day) and the straight man (last night's ep), and it could be nice to see his character's reactions to Matt and Danny's take on the show once they get everything up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ View Post
    I loved Judd Hirsch on it, I hope they get him back for future episodes. He's great at playing both comic relief (Independence Day) and the straight man (last night's ep), and it could be nice to see his character's reactions to Matt and Danny's take on the show once they get everything up and running.
    As long as Judd Hirsch doesn't leave Numbers.

I thought the same thing as well. The opening credits had Judd as a 'guest star' so I'm guessing he'll only make rare appearances if indeed he does come back.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I watched it. I liked it. It's got a season pass on the DVR, for now. Let's hope it continues to hold up.

I watched part of it - didn't like it at all. Guess its just not my thing. The Judd Hirsch rant reminded me of the old movie "Network". I'm just not a fan of this type of drama, regardless of political/philosophical bent.

I thought it was the best pilot I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I watched it. I liked it. It's got a season pass on the DVR, for now. Let's hope it continues to hold up.
    Same here John. I removed Medium to accomodate Studio 60. Heck NBC did the same thing!.....I must admit I was a tad bit leary of this show based on all the hype and the motherlode of previews by NBC. IMO the pilot definitely lived up to the hype and then some. But then again, I've always been an Aaron Sorkin fan so this show is right up my alley.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    I've always believed that the reason Sports Night didn't take off was that Sorkin respected the inteligence of his viewers so much that he would not include all the "Well if you didn't see the last episode then we need to remind you of X" sort of moments. As a result, the regular viewers loved the pace, but it made it quite difficult for new viewers to pick up on what was happening. I think the pace of Sorkin's shows indicates his respect for viewers intelligence -- he's going to barrel on along, and he trusts that we're sharp enough to follow along.
    Right on, Veruka! I agree. I just bought the full series of SportsNight on DVD and am loving it again. I was so excited when it finally came out on DVD. I remembered loving this show's pace and intelligence and when West Wing premiered, I thought I'd give it a try (I hated it, but then I hate political/presidential stuff anyway) but now, with Studio 60 I was signed up for a Tivo Season Pass before last monday's premiere. It was worth it. You are exactly right about the viewer's intelligence factoring in, in a sea of shows that pander right down to a 5-year old's cognitive capabilities, it is nice to watch a show that doesn't hit you over the head with it's constant recapping, like we can't retain what we just saw a week ago (or in the case of commercial break, two and a half minutes ago).

I liked the show and cannot wait for tonight. I don't mind Amanda Peet's role, because it is well suited here... she's supposed to be too young and too smirky/arrogant. I loved that line "I'm not what you are used to{sic}, I don't think you're charming"... It summed up the relationship that those two are going to have, and the character she's going to play.

The miracle of recovery from major back surgery by way of mass quantities of Vicodin was a big reach, though, kind of disappointing.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 09-25-2006 at 02:46 PM.
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread