+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip

Re: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2456903;
    I got that part, but obviously they didn't quit. Or if they did quit, something changed to bring them back. I can't remember ever seeing what happened to that story thread after Danny told Harry he was quitting.
    They did quit. That whole plot line was a flashback. Danny and Matt went on to write/ produce movie scripts for a couple years. They came back when Jordan approached them because Danny was suspended from movie production when found he popped positive for drugs (insurance was too high to have him on set).
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Thank you! I didn't remember any of that. (Still don't. )

Must have come out early in the series.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2457017;
    Must have come out early in the series.
    That was the major plot of the first episode...

pg--I'm going to miss this absolute mess of a show--seattle

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2457025;
    That was the major plot of the first episode...
    I came late to the series and missed the first two shows. I thought I went back to NBC's web site and watched them, but I must have missed the first ep.

ETA: Went to iTunes and it looks like I missed the first three episodes. Guess I'll have to fork out the $6 to see them. Oh well. Better use of the funds than other things I can think of.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 06-30-2007 at 09:57 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I just watched the pilot episode. It was great! Certainly made a difference in understanding the storyline. Wish I could say it would have helped me if I'd seen it when it originally aired, but at my age it's entirely possible I would have forgotten many of the important points.

I must say, I really enjoyed watching the pilot AFTER the last episode. I understood many of the nuances I would have missed the first time. Example: After their first meeting, after Danny leaves the room, there's a moment when Jordan just looks after him. In light of her declaration that she wanted him to ask her to marry him after the first time she met him, the look was quite prescient.

I'm going to iTunes right now to download episodes 2 and 3 to watch tomorrow. Or maybe I'll wait a bit and drag it out some. At least the show isn't quite over for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2457255;
    I just watched the pilot episode. It was great! Certainly made a difference in understanding the storyline. Wish I could say it would have helped me if I'd seen it when it originally aired, but at my age it's entirely possible I would have forgotten many of the important points.
    I've always thought that was an aspect of Aaron Sorkin's writing that makes it great, but tough for TV. I remember he brillantly took that approach to Sportsnight where he'd tell you something, and just assume that you were watching every episode and did not need a recap. He does not waste time with set up scenes of dailogue going "Hi Joe, have things been going okay for you since you crashed your car two weeks ago?". It's great, and a compliment to the viewers who watch every week that he trusts we'll remember things. But it does make getting into his work if you havent' started from the beginning much harder.

I've never been able to master the art of delayed gratification, so it should come as no surprise I watched episode 2 this morning. Damn, I'm going to miss this show.

I now understand why it was necessary to spend so much time on the storyline about the skit that Danny and Matt quit over. Not sure it was necessary to drag it out over 4 episodes, but knowing the show was ending, it was only fair to give the loyal viewers closure on the topic.

I pray (figuratively ) that Sorkin will put together a new show sooner rather than later. One with a more manageable cast budget. Television needs shows with intellect, wit and charm. I applaud Sorkin for being one of the few writers who can deliver those qualities, in abundance, week after week.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar

I finally just watched the finale. I'm SO sad that this show is over. It was one of the highlights of my week, and I'd look forward to it with excitement. Some of the writing on television is getting better, but there is just nothing like the intelligence and classiness of Aaron Sorkin. Please make another show soon! And please put Matthew Perry in it!! I really began to admire his talent during Studio 60 - he's more than just a one-character actor, which is what I had feared for him.

And I'm glad Matt and Harry got together at the end!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread