+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smith

I'm getting a little bored with the show. It's only because there's absolutely nothing else on Tues. night that I find interesting enough to watch that I still keep this show on my radar.

Did we ever find out how long the wife was in jail and was it for drugs? I can't believe she's only been out of jail for 5 months. The kids seem to be doing fine. Maybe she wasn't in very long. I don't think there was any reason for her to lie about Bobby spotting her car. She could have said she was in that area and she didn't notice his car ahead of hers. She could have played it off like, why didn't you wave at me? She's pretty good about playing things off though and not acting too suspicious. She plays it a lot cooler than I could under the circumstances.

The blonde chick is so looking to hook-up with surfer guy. She practically throws herself at him. She doesn't seem to care at all about her "boyfriend" or that he and surfer guy are buddies. I hope her ex-husband gets out of prison and takes care of her. I read a review where she's considered a scene stealer but I don't care for her at all and couldn't care less if she's on the show or not.

I'll keep watching as long as Tues. stays a slow tv night.

the first new TV show to bite the dust this fall

It was just announced that Smith is the first new show to be canceled.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061006/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-

NEW YORK - Here's something Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen won't be putting on their resumes: stars of the first new TV show to bite the dust this fall. "Smith," the Tuesday night CBS drama with Liotta leading a band of high-stakes thieves, is off the schedule, the network said Friday. It will be replaced temporarily by reruns of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "Criminal Minds."

ADVERTISEMENT

Networks don't like to use the word "cancel" it sounds so messy but the show's producers have been given no promise that it will return.

Its last episode had only 8.4 million viewers on Tuesday, according to Nielsen Media Research. It faced tough competition in the time slot from NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" and ABC's "Boston Legal."

Meanwhile, NBC announced the sort-of cancellation of its Wednesday night serial comedy "Kidnapped," which stars Jeremy Sisto. NBC gambled by putting the show in the time slot held for a long time by "Law & Order," and it failed miserably.

"Kidnapped" will be moved to the television purgatory of Saturday nights, starting Oct. 21. Its producers have been told to wrap up the serialized drama's story lines by the end of the show's 13-episode order, NBC said.

Networks have been wrestling with how to satisfy fans who've gotten involved in serialized dramas when the ratings are poor enough for the show to be canceled.

Fox has put its new comedy "Happy Hour" on hiatus, but insists it will return.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    It was just announced that Smith is the first new show to be canceled.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061006/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-
    Boo! And, just when I was really starting to get into this show ...

Cat

Premium Member
    I was surprised this show even made it to air - considering how closely it resembled 'Thief', granted which was on a different network, but still went away rather abruptly. At least 'Heist', also a different network, had a bit more substance to it, I felt, although that didn't seem to help it's longevity much.

Not sure if it's 1) the genre - viewers not interested in liking the bad guys; or 2) the actors - although CBS stepped up the ante with Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen; or 3) the timeslot - seems like all these types of shows end up airing at 10pm, which I would think would bring lower ratings to begin with; or 4) something completely different. Just seems to me there isn't a current market for these types of shows, well, not counting me, of course, seeing as how I watched all of them, which maybe is why they aren't around anymore?

Oh well, looks like I have an opening on my TiVo now, ready for suggestions.

WHAT!???? I am so not happy. I chose Smith over Kidnapped. Now I'll be behind. Why do they do this to viewers? Drives me nuts.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    WHAT!???? I am so not happy. I chose Smith over Kidnapped. Now I'll be behind. Why do they do this to viewers? Drives me nuts.
    Awww misskitty, it's ok. U can see Kidnapped on cbs.com and catch up.
    Yup, with donuts!!

JR.
    That sucks, this is one of only 2 new shows that I liked. Bastards.

Mozzz, I'll go with #3. I hate the 10 pm timeslot for any show. And, is 8.4 really that bad for that hour?

ETA: Are we going to see how this ends up? I hope they have the remaining episodes available online or something.
    Last edited by JR.; 10-06-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Well this just plain SUCKS.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    From what I hear, Kidnapped wont be around much longer either.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzz View Post
    Not sure if it's 1) the genre - viewers not interested in liking the bad guys; or 2) the actors - although CBS stepped up the ante with Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen; or 3) the timeslot - seems like all these types of shows end up airing at 10pm, which I would think would bring lower ratings to begin with; or 4) something completely different. Just seems to me there isn't a current market for these types of shows, well, not counting me, of course, seeing as how I watched all of them, which maybe is why they aren't around anymore?
    I liked the casting except that if you are going to have Ray Liotta be the chasee you need a stronger actor (with presence) be the chaser. Harrison Ford had Tommy Lee Jones.
    The real problem with this show was the writing. You've got stolen credit cards from gamblers being used and no one in law enforcement has made any connection to Amy Smart? And stealing a motorcyle in broad daylight with your buddy's car getting smashed brings no heat at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast