+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smith

JR.
    I liked it, I only wish it was on earlier. I hope the plot lines and the pace are able to stay as interesting as the premire.

I liked the fact that it was fast-paced. And intelligent.

And yes, interesting now that the new "widow" will be able to go after the guy she "should have married' even though he didn't ask her. Remember that part at the beginning?

Althought I hated that Jeff kicked the cat, I did laugh when I saw the orange feline with the monitor cuff around his neck.

I don't think that Jeff shot the two guys on the beach because they kicked him off. He's a sniper. He does jobs. That was a job. The lost surfer dude was a ruse to get them both out on the beach so he could get a clear shot.

They showed the backgrounds of all the players in their regular life. For instance the girl makes money off of credit cards and I.D.s and whatever aside from dancing. All of them are crooked in one way or another outside of the group. The one guy was the explosives expert. Another the computer technician. They are brought together as a group just for particular heists.

I can hardly waitfor the next show.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member
    After the brief viewing experience of 'Thief' and 'Heist' earlier in the year, 'Smith' instantly felt familiar, but not entirely in a bad way. I hope it has more longevity than the aforementioned shows, at least, both of which I thought were very entertaining.

Hard for me to find any complaints with a show featuring both Virginia Madsen and music by Imogen Heap all in one episode.

I forgot this was on, and only caught the last half or so. I thought it was pretty decent, all in all. I'll give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie's Padawan View Post
    Just a question: Why are people turned off by watching a show with "anti-heroes", as it were? I love The Shield, but I sure don't like Vic Mackey's character. Ditto with Christian Troy from Nip/Tuck.

I think shows like The Shield, The Sopranos, and now Smith are enjoyable precisely because they challenge us. They show us that no matter how rotten a character is, we still may be able to find some glimmer of humanity that we identify with. I don't have to "root" for a character to become emotionally invested in him or the show.
    You and I have similar taste (I didn't like Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip either). I really enjoyed this show. It was like a mini-movie - all wrapped up (a beginning, a middle, and an end in an hour). Ray Liotta, as usual, was terrific - becoming the character and never chewing the scenery. He has terrific chemistry with Madsen. The acting overall was very good, as was the plotting.

Guess I'm one of those people who doesn't mind watching bad boys and girls doing their thing (I also like Nip/Tuck, Prison Break, 24, Sopranos, Shield, Deadwood, and Brotherhood). These dramas show how multi-dimensional people really are, not the one-dimensional stereotypes we often see in dramas and comedies that are normal TV fare.

^^24 is my second favorite show, after Veronica Mars. Also LOVE Prison Break. So we definitely have similar tastes!

Just a reminder the show is on tonight. I'm looking forward to it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I watched the " Pilot" on Innertube at the CBS wedsite, in case anyone missed it and needs to see what it's all about. Loved this show.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz View Post
    After the brief viewing experience of 'Thief' and 'Heist' earlier in the year, 'Smith' instantly felt familiar, but not entirely in a bad way. I hope it has more longevity than the aforementioned shows, at least, both of which I thought were very entertaining.
    I preferred both "Thief" and "Heist" to this show. I'll watch it one more time, but it's up against too many other shows I like better, on both Monday and Tuesday nights.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I like that it's on Monday's here in Canada. It saves a little on the amount of shows I have to tape other nights. Yikes, too many good shows and too few hours.

I didn't really "watch" last night's episode. I watched mostly on FF. And, i'm not really sure what I think of the show yet. I don't really like Amy Smart's character. And she was sure not smart throwing out her cell phone. Tsk tsk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast