+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Men In Trees

Help me! Who is playing the cop/mom of the inn keeper?

Gabby: I checked the official site and can't find the name of the actress who plays Ben's mother/cop. Sorry. You may have to catch the credits.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Gabby G, her name is Cynthia Stevenson. She's done a lot of tv work and you can find her credits on IMBD.

Hope this helps.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

thank you Florimel. I knew her voice but I couldn't find her and the credits are way too small for me to read anymore

OMG! They killed Kenny! FordChick73's Avatar
    I'm happy to find a thread for this show!! I'm loving this show so much, I can't wait to get up Saturday morning to chill in front of the TiVo with breakfast & Men in Trees!! I just think the characters are so interesting and the plot is too ... I'm not generally a big fan of Anne Heche but I really like her in this one. (Although I also enjoyed her in Six nights, Seven Days - or was it vice-versa, with Harrison Ford...)

Anyway ....... I'm happy to find more Men in Trees fans!

giz
    While it is no Northern Exposure, not even close, I'm enjoying the cast. Everyone's great. Except Anne Heche. She is just completely lacking in charm for me. I could care less if she does the male model. He doesn't have any charm for me either. He's no John Corbett, and she's no Rob Morrow! If they could fix the two main characters it might have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by giz;2121324;
    While it is no Northern Exposure, not even close, I'm enjoying the cast. Everyone's great. Except Anne Heche. She is just completely lacking in charm for me. I could care less if she does the male model. He doesn't have any charm for me either. He's no John Corbett, and she's no Rob Morrow! If they could fix the two main characters it might have a shot.
    I've been thinking along the same lines myself. Anne Heche - meh. Her flinty voice, brittle mannerisms and drama queeny persona are not pleasant. Jake (or whatever his name is) is certainly very physically attractive, but the strong, silent type leaves me cold. Well, leaves me bored, actually. Abraham Benrubi, on the other hand, while not as pretty, has a delightful personality and would make a lovely boyfriend.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I disagree. I like Anne Heche in this role and I think James Tupper is very sexy and they have terrific chemistry together. He isn't the brawniest guy, nor the most dynamic, but his quiet strength and intensity are very attractive. Benrubi - nice guy, sexy - noooooooo! The young guy is adorable and matches well with the little redhead.

I like the show and look forward to Friday nights. It is similar to Northern Exposure, but I think I like it better.

Aname, I'm totally with you on James Tupper. Wowie.

As for Anne Heche, I didn't expect much from her, I guess because I saw that crazy interview with her a long while back with her talking in her "alien" voice or whatever. But surprisingly I like her in the role, and I'm really enjoying the show. It just got picked up for 4 (or 5?) more episodes today, I read.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Aname & Suncat7, I'm with both of you...James Tupper is so yummy and his voice!! So Sexy!

I've never been an Anne Heche fan but I like her in this show. I think the writing is great and I laugh out loud at least twice a show. For a show I never had any intention of even watching, I am hooked!

+ Reply to Thread