+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Men In Trees

Attachment 18171

I loved the little mischievous raccoon. No surprises there.
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-17-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I'm not too keen on long drawn out "will they/won't they" storylines though (regarding Marin and the Ranger guy, I can't remember what his job is). IMO, it backfired for Northern Exposure, Moonlighting, CSI (Grissom and Sara), among others. Sometimes when a show takes several seasons to hook two people up who had chemistry, most of the audience doesn't care anymore. And then sometimes when they do hook-up, it's a let down. I'm already starting to feel that way about Kate and Jack on Lost, even though in Lost time they've only known each other for a couple of months.

So I hope if something is going to happen between those two, it happens at least by the beginning of next season. If the show lasts that long. Unfortunately I don't think it will.
    Absolutely agree!! I hate it when they draw out the will they or won't they chemistry because the chemistry usually goes flat and fizzles (Crossing Jordan!), you really don't care which guy (Lost - altho I'm hoping for Sawyer, no chemistry at all with Jack), or big on the huh!!! factor (CSI). The chemistry between Marin (Heche) and Jack (Tupper) is palpable and to draw it out would be a shame.

The show is adorable and addicting (definitely a Northern Exposure quality). the acting is good and the characters appealing. I have never seen the guy playing Jack before, but he is very masculine and sexy. Marin's attraction is obvious, his is less so - but the chemistry between them is strong.

Here's a little scoop on the actor who plays Jack:
    James Tupper most recently appeared as Henry in the Hallmark Channel's original movie, "Love's Long Journey," written and directed by Michael Landon, Jr. He will reprise his role for the upcoming sequel, "Love's Abiding Joy." Other television appearances include "How I Met Your Mother," "Gilmore Girls," "CSI New York," "Dr. Vegas" and "Time of Your Life." In the last year he has been seen in the independent films "For Heaven's Sake" (with Florence Henderson) and as Ken Kesey in the biopic "Who Flew?," about Kesey's time spent writing "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

Tupper also co-conceived and wrote "Loudmouth Soup," a fully improvised film shot in one night (soon to be released on video). Other film appearances include "Joe Dirt," "Corky Romano" and "Peroxide Passion."

His theatrical performances include roles in the Off-Broadway plays "An Actor Prepares" and "After the Rain." In Los Angeles he has appeared in "Alone Together" with Anita Gillette and David Heddison, as well as in "Things We Do for Love," opposite Greg Mullavey at the Odyssey Theatre, and in "King Lear" with James Gammon.

Tupper and his wife, Kate, a novelist and playwright, live in Los Angeles along with their Great Dane, Harold. In his spare time Tupper enjoys carpentry and birdwatching.
    Some are saying they expect this show to be the first one cancelled out of all the fall shows - I hope not

How can they cancel when it just aired? Don't they get at least 6 weeks of episodes?

I taped it tonight because it was opposite Vanished. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    How can they cancel when it just aired? Don't they get at least 6 weeks of episodes?
    Heck, no! Some things are cancelled after the premier, and at every possible other length of run.

My understanding is that Bravo's game about survival of programs (brilliantbutcancelled) is who is saying this is amongst the first to exit the schedule. But, I also think part of the reason is that it's largely appealing to women, and is in a time slot where that might not be the audience that's available.

I only saw the first episode, and while I found it pleasant enough not to change the channel, I have to say that I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. Still, that's not as bad as it sounds, because there are a large number of programs where I would have been clicking the remote!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Heck, no! Some things are cancelled after the premier, and at every possible other length of run.
    I hate when networks cancel shows after only 1 or 2 episodes. I know its a cliche example now but Seinfeld didn't become huge until 2nd season. I don't think networks give some shows enough time to develop fan bases!

I wasn't even interested in watching this one based on the previews. But a friend of mine told me to watch it so I caught a repeat of the premiere plus the 2nd episode & I was convinced!

Networks need to let word of mouth get around before the just up and cancel stuff!

Like Misskitty, I love the raccoon (I love all raccoons), but the show, eh. Contrived quirkiness and whimsy - why is it necessary?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well, I still enjoyed the show. I'm loving my little raccoon,...I'll call him Rocky! Too cute when even he wouldn't follow Merin down the street. And althought it's kinda quirky and on the silly side, that's probably why I like it. It's easy to watch and has some pretty funny parts.

And I do like looking at the nice real estate in Elmo as in JACK!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I really like this show, too. It's a got a likeable cast, smart dialog, interesting characters and beautiful scenery. As for it's possible cancellation, ABC is much better about giving new shows a chance to find their audience, unlike Fox.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom View Post
    I really like this show, too. It's a got a likeable cast, smart dialog, interesting characters and beautiful scenery. As for it's possible cancellation, ABC is much better about giving new shows a chance to find their audience, unlike Fox.
    I am enjoying this show also, which surprises me because I accidentally tuned in and stayed last week. There is a flavor of Northern Exposure, a show I really enjoyed and still miss, so I am staying with until they go off the air

+ Reply to Thread