+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Men In Trees

Re: Men In Trees

I don't care how badly the injured guy was, I'd have been dragging him into the same raft as the other two, especially after his began to leak, but it made sense to do join everyone together in the same raft from the very beginning all the same.

Just as I did seeing the recent shots of people in lifeboats off that liner that hit the iceberg off Antarctica recently, I was wondering what business a ship working in a inforgiving location like the Bering Sea had using life preserving devices without some sort of overhead enclosure considering the elements that they'd projectively be faced with. They should have cozied up together, all three of them to aid each other in conserving warmth, and dragged that other raft over their heads in some manner.

Ah this is television, not reality. As one who is trained in sea ditching, all rafts have overhead tarps and it a cardinal rule to put up the canopy, no matter what the weather. Also they have bailing buckets (soft sided, but much larger than the one they showed as well as a "raft knife" that could have been used to cut adrift the sinking raft. Furthermore the canopy could have been used to collect drinking water should it rain. But then if that really was the Bering Sea... it looked more like a bath tub. Very unrealistic and a real stretch of the imagination.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2714023;
    if that really was the Bering Sea... it looked more like a bath tub. Very unrealistic and a real stretch of the imagination.
    I couldn't agree more. For a show that I like as much as I do for the visuals, that placid sea scene was a big disappointment in that it was so poorly done I fixated on that as much as the storyline which accompanied it. It shouldn't have been THAT difficult to do better, I'd have thought; they've done a pretty good job depicting other foul weather.

FORT Fanatic

Is this show coming back - does anyone know? I know the writers strike is going on and all... but noticed the ratings haven't been good either.... wish they would move it from Friday nigh....

I just read on TV Guide's website that the show is returning with 11 new episodes on Wednesday(!) February 27. The article didn't mention a time slot so I'm not sure if it will be against American Idol or not...that would be insane!! and probably a certain death.

Another article on that same site said that the actors who portray Patrick and Annie are involved in real life. Now, that's interesting!

FORT Fanatic

Thanks katkitty.... I would love it on Wednesday night!! even against the Idol results show... I usually only watch the last few minutes of that anyway!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It looks to air at 10pm on Wednesdays. I think that puts it up against Law and Order on NBC and CSI: NY on CBS. I have a problem because it's also up against Real World/Road Rules Challenge on MTV and Project Runway on Bravo.

As long as it doesn't go against Medium then Wednesday works for me.
    I just hope we get to see a lot more Cash this season even if he's not with "whats her name". (Been so long I can't remember.)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Marin!(sp) Who would have thought I could stomach Ann Heche for more than two seconds let alone actually enjoy her?

I feel the same way Uncle David. I thought she was a total whack job but shes really cute and funny!
    Thanks for telling me her name. I was thinking, Meranda, Merideth, Marissa.

+ Reply to Thread