+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Men In Trees

Re: Men In Trees

Update from the week's TV Guide

Click to see Spoiler:
    Anne Heche has moved in with her co-star James Tupper but they said that doesn't mean they are back together on the show. Matter of fact Jack is being sent off an expedition this season (the whole season!!) while Marin stays in Elmo and fends off suitors. BAH!! Its their love interest that makes me like the show. Bummer. Hope this doesn't mean we won't see them together at all this season.

Did anyone watch the season premier lastnight? I thought it was good, and it kind of seemed like they're was a spark at the very end between Marin and Cash. I don't see Jack marrying what's her name, but I know it's a TV show, so they have to drag it out.

I love this show and so glad its back. I saw it. I like Cash and would rather Marin ended up with him than Jack. I don't think Jack is good enough/strong enough in character for Marin. Any guesses what Cash's sickness is and how long till we have a dramatic death scene *sighs*?

I cannot stand the Lynn character. She never really meshed with the other characters or the story lines no matter how hard they tried to force it. I know they were supposed to have been high school sweethearts but for some reason that character has always seemed forced to me.

I love the sheriff and her man, they crack me up as do Mia and Buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2611739;
    I love this show and so glad its back. I saw it. I like Cash and would rather Marin ended up with him than Jack. I don't think Jack is good enough/strong enough in character for Marin. Any guesses what Cash's sickness is and how long till we have a dramatic death scene *sighs*?

I cannot stand the Lynn character. She never really meshed with the other characters or the story lines no matter how hard they tried to force it. I know they were supposed to have been high school sweethearts but for some reason that character has always seemed forced to me.

I love the sheriff and her man, they crack me up as do Mia and Buzz.
    Thank you for your response Harmony2000. I'd forgotten that they showed us Cash's rock at the end, and that it said sickness. If he is sick, then Marin will for sure get attached to him, and then he'll die. I don't like thinking where the story line will be going.

Now that I'm thinking about the rocks, I'd forgotten that Jack saw and found the rock with his name on it, and put it in his jacket pocket. He never did tell Marin he had that rock...hmmm???

Also...thanks for reminding me that "what's her name" is Lynn. I don't like her character at all, and feel the same as you...that it's forced. She doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the cast, and I hate to say it, but Justine Bateman hasn't aged very well.

Buzz and Mai are hilarious, and I loved when he finally got up to sing for her. He can't carry a tune, and I'm sure that's why he's never sang for her before, but he wanted to prove how much he loved her.

The sheriff lady and her farting man are hilarious, and he finally made her laugh and she didn't even have her "light".

Oh! You reminded me about the rock. Ok.. am I the only one who finds it odd that he found the rock on the trail where she was dumping them out of her bag to make it lighter? The very same rock that she threw over the side as the last one? So how was this same rock in two different symbolic places at once? Or did she need to give Jack two rocks lol?

Yeah... I don't like where the Cash story is heading either because I actually think he's good for her (Marin) plus he's prettier than Jack and I like looking at him. So hopefully the sickness is somebody else... one can hope right??

I missed the season premier! I've been anxiously awaiting it too. Why did they have it on Friday night instead of Thursday?
    So who was throwing out the rocks that said Sickness on Cash's rock? I really hope they don't kill him off. He is gorgeous. A couple of shows ago Marian kept telling him to put his shirt on and I'm thinking she's nuts! lol And I agree that he is a better man for Marian then milk toast Jack.

I think that the show can be seen on the network website.. not positive but its worth checking into.

OK so Cash suggested to Marin that she go visit Master Todd (his spiritual guru, I think) because she was having a hard time moving past Jack (milk toast.. perfect description). So they go visit this very strange man who tells Marin that she is blocked and he can't work with her. He clearly doesn't like her. Then he suggests that she write everything she wants to get rid of on a rock and climb to the top of the mountain and toss it over. She goes up with Cash and has a back pack and a bag full of rocks while he has just the one. An Arctic cyclone is coming and of course they didn't know it had changed courses and was headed for Elmo. The bag is heavy and Marin lets some of them fall as they climb the mountain (leaving a trail of rocks for Jack to later follow to rescue them). Jack finds a rock with his name on it and puts it in his pocket. BUT.. they also show Marin throwing the final rock over the side which has Jack's name on it. Unless she wrote his name on two rocks, I had a bit of an issue with that. Anyways, they get caught in the cyclone and Jack rescues them. Cash and Jack get into a fight over Marin and then at the very last scene the camera focuses in on Cash's one rock and it had sickness on it.

Found the link, I think. I use firefox and couldn't get it to load but I think this is how/where you see the old episodes on the ABC site.

LINK

Thanks for the rundown Harmony! So Jack and Cash fought over Marian? Isn't Jack still taken or has Bateman decided to run off again? I really like her character and now that Cash is around I want her and Jack to have a happy life. I agree with whoever said she hasn't aged well. But I think she looks the part of someone who was born and raised in the harsh conditions of Alaska.

I am going to be really mad at the writers if they kill Cash off. Maybe its a simple drug addiction. Or he considers his attraction to Marian a sickness.

Bateman and her horrible character are on their way out. Trying not to divulge too much because I just discovered that we missed the last 5 episodes of Season 1 and that they and the first 2 or 3 of Season 2 were shown in New Zealand on TV2 last year.

Link to TV2 that has the videos and some write ups.

Link to TV2. If you google TV2 Men in Trees you will get some sites that have in depth write ups of the missing episodes (that are supposed to be shown as extensions of Season 2 here in the US). Didn't want to post the links because I can never figure out what are fan sites and what aren't so I only post official sites so I don't get in trouble.

Yea...Lynn is gone! I always felt her character was forced, and I was so glad to see Jack tell her he couldn't marry her, and then to see her on the bus to wherever.

Now that I'm thinking about this though, this probably means that Jack is going to try to get Marin back, but she's going to start developing feelings for Cash. Afterall...this is a TV show, and they can't live happily ever after just like that. We also have to remember Cash's rock said "sickness".

+ Reply to Thread