+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standoff

Standoff

Standoff premieres on FOX Tuesday, September 5 after House.

Standoff Show Info

Planning to watch?

Saw the show last night. I don't think it will last that long. I like how they handle the hostage situations but not exactly sold by the chemistry between the two lead negotiators.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef View Post
    Saw the show last night. I don't think it will last that long. I like how they handle the hostage situations but not exactly sold by the chemistry between the two lead negotiators.
    I agree with all three points. I think the show might last a while, but I don't think it'll last the entire season.
    The situations themselves were really interesting. No idea how real or accurate, but i liked the level of interest and tension.
    I also don't believe the chemistry between the negotiators, but I also don't really buy the chemistry between any of the cast. It seemed stiff, very stiff. Hopefully it was new cast adjusting, but if it's not, then I don't think i'll be watching much longer.

watched it... it was blah

seems like it's really more of a comedy... but not funny

i predict cancellation

Standoff

Maybe I am being to sensitive, however, does anybody have any comments about the show last night 9/12? If you missed it, the show was regarding an Air Traffic Controller that due to personal reasons made a mistake at his job and caused a head on collision in the air killing 180 passengers on a commerical flight.
    Given what happened less then a month ago, I found the show very inappropriate at this time. I fly all the time for work and since 9/11 I have been more nervous then I have been. When the ComAir flight crashed due to an Air Traffic/ Operator error - it was hard to deal with the knowledge that we are all human and accidents can happen. Even though I might understand that, I certainly don't want to see a show explain all the other things that might happen and see what the Air Traffic Controllers deal with on a daily bases. I think it was very insensitive especially to the friends and family of the Air Traffic Controller who was in charge of that ComAir flight and even the Co-Pilot who lived through this horrible accident.
    ~When life give you lemons, pour yourself some vodka and use the lemons for a garnish~

Maybe I am being to sensitive, however, does anybody have any comments about the show last night 9/12? If you missed it, the show was regarding an Air Traffic Controller that due to personal reasons made a mistake at his job and caused a head on collision in the air killing 180 passengers on a commerical flight.
    Given what happened less then a month ago, I found the show very inappropriate at this time. I fly all the time for work and since 9/11 I have been more nervous then I have been. When the ComAir flight crashed due to an Air Traffic/ Operator error - it was hard to deal with the knowledge that we are all human and accidents can happen. Even though I might understand that, I certainly don't want to see a show explain all the other things that might happen and see what the Air Traffic Controllers deal with on a daily bases. I think it was very insensitive especially to the friends and family of the Air Traffic Controller who was in charge of that ComAir flight and even the Co-Pilot who lived through this horrible accident.
    ~When life give you lemons, pour yourself some vodka and use the lemons for a garnish~

FORT Fanatic
    i watched this episode. i was like whoa!

but throughout the show, back in my mind i know that they had to film this way before the tragic ComAir flight.

damn if they do or damn if they don't air the show. lose money or upset some people. inappropriate or not, it was either shelf it or show it sometime later. but the problem was the other storyline (the personal love thing going on between the 2 main characters). i thought or got the impression it had some reference to the pilot episode so it would seem off it was aired sometime later or if they didnt air it and next episode had something about their relationship and we are left wondering what happened.

for me, its their relationship and how both deal with it at work and off work is the main focus with how they do their work deals around it.

its a tragic accident but unfortunately the show was already filmed something of the similar tragedy. and no one wants to know behind the scene things especially what others go through but thats how life is....

well...didnt FOX change 24's pilot episode way back in season one (2001). back then it aired in october...was suppose to be in mid-late september but pushed back due to 9/11 tragedy. if you watched 24, the pilot aired showed a plane carrying some gov't people crashing (due to terrorism) over the mojave desert (southern california). they postponed airing the premiere til october because they re-shot the some scenes of the pilot. originally they had the plane supposedly crashing near L.A. or in L.A.

same network right?!?! and aren't more shows using real life events nowadays. Law & Order series, CSI series, any law/cop series.

oh, finding out that many of the busy airports, their air controllers take care about 10 flights at a givent time is a bit scary. on another note, i was on a plane that had a little scare and had to do an emergency land. everyone one the plane was yelling thankyou out to the pilots or telling the attendents to thank them when landed safely. now knowing that the pilots maybe did half that job and someone else guided them (us) in safely, well...i now appreciate those people in that big dark tower.

those are my thoughts about it.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I didn't even know this show was on, but I watched the most recent one--the one where the little daughter of the gang leader was kidnapped. I really liked it. I've always found Ron Livingston likeable. If I can remember when it's on, I'll check it out again.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I didn't know about this show until last week. Personally, I think it is really good. The show I saw was about a few teenagers that were being made fun of in school, so they kidnapped the kids that were making fun of them.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Of all the shows getting cancelled or put on hiatus that this show somehow survived that fate is kind of suprising. It doesn't get the same response by the number of posts on this message boards. There is only one page and I doubt people are really interested in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast