+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 263

Thread: Veronica Mars: Season 3

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714
    Haha, yes PWS. We used to call him Zombardo. We weren't too fond of his videos! (What year are you in. I'm a psych grad student )

    I read that VM actually beat NBC in viewers and was up 4% this week in the key 18-40 demo!! So let's keep that up!

  2. #42
    PROUD MAMA PaigeRay2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13
    Yes, lets keep it up. I really didn't like this weeks ep as much as the season opener, but it was ok. They explained Keith's situation a little better and I think that we will see more of Liam Fitzpatrick in future ep's. I liked the Prisoner/Guard game. It was pretty entertaining. I would've liked to see more of Backup, but you know how that goes. The dog never gets the play time that the actors get. LOL
    I would've liked to see more LoVe action, that always makes me happy to see them together with that spark that they have. Anyone think it was wierd that there wasn't a body for Kendall?
    Well, I will write at y'all later

    Paige Ray
    Paige Ray
    Veronica Mars in Netune, drives a Saturn..........

  3. #43
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,078
    What was shown in the briefcase?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  4. #44
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,262
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Haha, yes PWS. We used to call him Zombardo. We weren't too fond of his videos! (What year are you in. I'm a psych grad student )

    I read that VM actually beat NBC in viewers and was up 4% this week in the key 18-40 demo!! So let's keep that up!
    Been there, done that, c-a! That's terrific news about the VM ratings!

  5. #45
    FORT Fanatic catwoman1955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    What was shown in the briefcase?
    A Van Gogh painting.

  6. #46
    FORT Fanatic catwoman1955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by PaigeRay2006 View Post
    ...They explained Keith's situation a little better and I think that we will see more of Liam Fitzpatrick in future ep's. I liked the Prisoner/Guard game. It was pretty entertaining. ...
    Anyone think it was wierd that there wasn't a body for Kendall?
    ...
    Paige Ray
    Hey, Paige.

    OK, there WAS some more information about Keith's situation, but I am still confused about "who was who" and "what was what" in this storyline. I got it about the Fitzpatrick involvement aspect, in general. But, who was the Fitzpatrick that Keith sprung from jail to meet Kendall at that remote place (safehouse?) Why did that Fitzpatrick supposedly shoot and kill Kendall? I say, "supposedly", because when Keith and those officers went back to the scene of the crime in that house, Kendall's body wasn't there, and that Fitzpatrick guy was gone, too. Then...Was Liam Fitzpatrick the guy that the shooter (his brother?) encountered in the remote area who, in turn, shot the shooter allegedly to death? And, if so, then why did Liam shoot his brother, and why was HE out there in the first place? I am very confused about this storyline for this season. Can't y'all tell? Any help, folks?

    I, too, thought that the prisoner/guard exercise for the sociology class was very interesting. I saw references to it in a couple of other recent posts. I was a psychology major in undergrad, thirty some-odd years ago, and I vaguely remember mention of it in my studies. In terms of VM, though, who was the student, assigned as a "guard", who severely psychologically tormented one particular "prisoner"? Was he a past VM character? My memory for certain details on this show is not good. The guy just looks so familiar to me.

    Otherwise, I thought that the resolution for that story in this week's ep was pretty slick and satisfying, in the sense that, in the friendly rivalry between Wallace and Logan, Wallace's team won, after using that trick ... I'm partial to Wallace -- what can I say? However, in this instance, Logan was cool, though, doin' his thing.

    Some other things that I liked about this ep:

    1. How V. showed her sensitive/remorseful side, after inadvertently busting out that sorority on campus on drug charges, while investigating those serial rapes for more of a connection, in that regard. To me, that was very "Veronica"

    2. How Mac ended up showing compassion and moral support for her roommate, as the girl was about to be sent home by her parents, and urging her to stay. All this came about after (before the rape), Mac had practically called the girl out to be a 'ho.

    3. How the "prisoner/guard" exercise shed light on how that "guard" (the one I mentioned above) busted out (apparently) unexpected behavior in his role, and especially toward that particular "prisoner". That particular subplot was very fascinating and, yet, disturbing, for me.

    I had the sense, in watching this ep, that VM "got it", WRT what I remember about the findings of this situation, as I vaguely remembered it being mentioned in my psychology studies, long ago. But, please: To those psych majors/students who recently posted about it, would you please refresh my memory about the findings of the study that you cited?

    So far, with the new season of VM, and only 2 episodes in, I'm still in the groove with the show. And, I still love it. However, I have the feeling that I will be far behind in my understanding of the story, unless I fully "get" what's going on with Keith, Kendall, and whomever Fitzpatricks are involved.

    Cat

  7. #47
    Like Eating Glass jogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955 View Post
    Hey, Paige.

    OK, there WAS some more information about Keith's situation, but I am still confused about "who was who" and "what was what" in this storyline. I got it about the Fitzpatrick involvement aspect, in general. But, who was the Fitzpatrick that Keith sprung from jail to meet Kendall at that remote place (safehouse?) Why did that Fitzpatrick supposedly shoot and kill Kendall? I say, "supposedly", because when Keith and those officers went back to the scene of the crime in that house, Kendall's body wasn't there, and that Fitzpatrick guy was gone, too. Then...Was Liam Fitzpatrick the guy that the shooter (his brother?) encountered in the remote area who, in turn, shot the shooter allegedly to death? And, if so, then why did Liam shoot his brother, and why was HE out there in the first place? I am very confused about this storyline for this season. Can't y'all tell? Any help, folks?
    The guy Keith picked up from the prison was Cormac Fitzpatrick (he had been in prison for 5 years and had not been on the show before). I think Kendall paid Keith to pick him up and bring him to her, she seemed to be in love with him. Cormac was obviously not in love with her and was just after her money, although I don't get why he killed her (if he did) before finding the money.

    Kendall must have double crossed Liam Fitzpatrick (I don't remember the details) so he was after her. He hired Vinnie to find her and Vinnie did by planting his pen/tracker in Keith's bag. That's why Liam showed up in episode 2 on the tracks. I don't really know the story between the brothers, but they were obviously both after Kendall's money and were probably at ends because of that. I'm guessing Liam didn't kill Cormac and either fired a warning shot or just wounded him.

    The "guard" who was bullying the "prisoners" hasn't been on the show before to my knowledge.

  8. #48
    Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,397
    The "guard" was Rider Strong, who played Shawn Hunter on Boy Meets World, as well as Chick on the former WB's Pepper Dennis.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

  9. #49
    X & Y Greenmustard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In Front of a T.V.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    277
    So far I'm liking this season (I still like Season 1 the best though.). Veronica is great as always, but I don't really like Piz as of now. It's just something about him...

    Is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the new credits? It seems kind of cheesy to me, and the remixed Dandy Warhols song sounds way too slow. I mean how can you ruin a perfectly good Dandy Warhols song? Okay...I think I'm just being too nit-picky.
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

  10. #50
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmustard;2105006;
    Is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the new credits? It seems kind of cheesy to me, and the remixed Dandy Warhols song sounds way too slow. I mean how can you ruin a perfectly good Dandy Warhols song? Okay...I think I'm just being too nit-picky.
    No, I agree. It's far too slow. I much prefer the older version better. The pace fit a lot more with the theme of VM. However, I read that this was a network decision and not a producer decision.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.