+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Veronica Mars: Season 3

I've told all my friends; unfortunately they all watch schlock like CSI, NCIS, and Two and a Half Men. Sorry if anyone here likes those shows, no offense. They're just very easily accessible; Veronica Mars can be off-putting. I think too many adults think of it as a "teen" show. Well, I'm 35 and I can tell you that this "teen" show is better than every single "adult" drama that's on television now. Bar NONE.

After watching last night's cracking premiere, I couldn't help but be a little sad; the show is so damned good I might just stop watching television if it gets cancelled.

Good (ish) news everyone! Check out the ratings!

Source: http://www.tv.com/veronica-mars/show...dlines;title;0

NBC's critically acclaimed drama Friday Night Lights premiered to weak ratings last night, scoring 7.2 million total viewers and landing third in its timeslot. CW's Veronica Mars returned for its third season with a new intro, snaring a 1.4 rating in 18-49s.

Lights, which received better reviews than any show this season, scored a 2.7 rating in 18-49 year olds. The football drama was outdistanced by ABC's Dancing With the Stars and CBS' crime drama NCIS.

Lights didn't even have to go up against Fox's usual time-slot competitor, House, due to the beginning of baseball season. So far, despite the peacock having three of the best-reviewed shows of the season--Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip, Heroes, and Lights--only Heroes has scored ratings in line with its accolades.

CW detective drama Veronica Mars matched its best-ever ratings in the 18-49 demographic with its season three premiere. Aside from the new intro, the show was subtly muted in tone, with a different color pallette and low-key acting

At the TCA in July, show creator Rob Thomas said he wanted the characters to grow up now that they were in college--it remains to be seen if the fans will agree.
    Not bad, but not great. It dropped .6 from Gilmore Girls lead in. But still in comparison, it gives me hope!

Did anything critical happen during the first fifteen minutes of the show? For the second year in a row I screwed up my taping of the VM season opener, though fortunately I checked fifteen minutes in and managed to get the rest. Unlike most people, I prefer to tape my favourite shows and watch the lesser ones in real time as I would much rather watch, say, VM whilst comfortably ensconced on the couch with a cup of tea, a velvet throw and a sleepy kitty rather than on the fly while cleaning up after dinner and preparing for the next day. Unfortunately this means that I sometimes have to suffer the trauma that results from being an idiot and programming the wrong time, the wrong channel or both.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Good (ish) news everyone! Check out the ratings!

Source: http://www.tv.com/veronica-mars/show...dlines;title;0

Not bad, but not great. It dropped .6 from Gilmore Girls lead in. But still in comparison, it gives me hope!
    Crap. CRAAAAAAP!!! Veronica Mars is toast. They needed to pull at least 2.1 to guaranteed even 13 episodes. A .6 drop almost certainly dooms it to cancellation in a couple of weeks.

My only hope is that they at least give Rob Thomas a chance to wrap up the story somehow.

CRAPPPPP!!!!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I guess this season, the mystery will be about the Date-rapist.
    I missed the first few minutes which is why i dont know what may have happened. I can tell that the new kid with V&W has a crush on her.
    I love that Mac is a Regular, love, love , love that.

I think however, it was a little too convenient that they all ended up in the same college.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I thought last night's ep was awesome. Who here thinks that Veronica looks just as smokin as ever and that she is on top of her game like never before. She sure is really good at what she does. I will hate it if they cancel that show. I even went to a friends house just to watch it last night, because where I live, it's not on standard cable, it's only on satellite. It sucks really bad. I'm a die hard VM fan and goshdarnit, if I have to, I will travel to watch it. LOL Even if it is only across town. Anyhow, I was a little puzzled by Keith's situation. I really didn't understand what he was doing and why. It was a shock to hear that Kendall was killed although, they didn't really show contact or a dead body, so it could be a farse. I am very curious to see how that situation pans out. So, LoVe is back and I hope that it stays for a while at least. I read on some spoilers that Piz will be a love interest of V's, so that saddens me, but oh well, V will someday settle with Logan eventually.(At least that is what I like to beleive) LOL I really like V and Logan together. It just makes the show that much more exciting to me. What did y'all think of the emotional Dick? I was very captivated by his performance. He hasn't gotten that much play time in the past and usually it would just be him trying to get with a girl or being a smartass. This whole new Dick may actually get me to like him. I understand that he is a mess because of Beaver, but he didn't have to say what he said to Mac. That was very hurtful. What do you think of Parker? I don't like her already. She is a typical party whore. Even so, what happened to her isn't justified. I just don't like her. She reminds me of kids I went to school with. LOL Well, I'm takin up a lot of space here just ramblin on and on, so I will close by saying that I loved last nights ep because it was all of Veronica at her finest.

Thanks all!

^^If I wasn't married, I'd ask you to marry me! A girl who will travel to see VM is worth her weight in gold!

Good points on everything, although I think Dick's "breakdown" at the end was a little dramatic, I think the actor could have done a better job.

NO WAY would Veronica fall for Piz!! Mac and Wallace should get together!!
    Last edited by Howie's Padawan; 10-04-2006 at 03:53 PM.

Good opener, I hope this series survives. I love Kristin Bell and the writing on this is so sharp. I especially love the dialogue, it's crackling! Love all the frackin' BSG references last night too. Not too fond of the remixed theme song, but that's no big thing. Is CW tinkering with every show's format?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Good opener, I hope this series survives. I love Kristin Bell and the writing on this is so sharp. I especially love the dialogue, it's crackling! Love all the frackin' BSG references last night too. Not too fond of the remixed theme song, but that's no big thing. Is CW tinkering with every show's format?
    I would like it if one of the major networks picked up this show, if not then one of the cable networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie's Padawan View Post
    Crap. CRAAAAAAP!!! Veronica Mars is toast. They needed to pull at least 2.1 to guaranteed even 13 episodes. A .6 drop almost certainly dooms it to cancellation in a couple of weeks.

My only hope is that they at least give Rob Thomas a chance to wrap up the story somehow.

CRAPPPPP!!!!!
    While the numbers aren't good, they're pretty much dead-on par with Supernatural who pulled a 1.6. Which also dropped slightly from its Smallville lead in. I think the bigger worry is whether the numbers retain throughout or drop further.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I guess this season, the mystery will be about the Date-rapist.
    I don't know if you're a spoiler fan or not, but I posted a spoiler several pages back about this season that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    instead of one main mystery throughout the entire season, there will be 3 mini ones that will each take 6-7 episodes

+ Reply to Thread