+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Veronica Mars: Season 3

Re: Veronica Mars: Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2369321;
    I honestly had to read that 5 times because I couldn't remember who she was. She obviously made an impression on me .
    You probably had to read it 5 times because it was such a convoluted sentence.

It was when they were still in high school. Logan fell for this innocent younger girl named Hannah played by Jessy Schram .

Logan had just gone through a terrible year of being on trial for the murder of one of Weevil's gang members. Remember that whole storyline where he came to on the bridge after being beaten up by them and there was a dead guy, and Logan couldn't remember what had happened. Then miraculously a witness turned up who said that he saw Logan kill the guy. But it turned out that this guy (who was a doctor or some other supposedly upstanding community member) was hooked on drugs and had been forced to give the false testimony by the Irish gang guys--the ones that have that bar. (Man, when I describe it like that, the whole thing sounds like such a soap opera. And very confusing.)

At any rate, this sweet younger girl was this guy's daughter, and Veronica wasn't sure if Logan really liked her or was just using her to get back at the father. Turned out he really did like her, but she wasn't around very long. I think her family sent her away to get her away from Logan.

This whole post is probably still as confusing--just longer. But my original point was that, if you look at Logan's relationship history, Parker seems more like the type he normally goes for with Veronica being the exception. Generally, he goes for someone who is pretty happy, upbeat, and (seemingly) uncomplicated. Veronica--with her intense, rather dark, untrusting personality--isn't really his type as much as they love each other.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's a very good point. It's as if he vacillates between dark Veronica and light A,B, C, etc. But there's only one Veronica and the other girls seem interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2370187;
    That's a very good point. It's as if he vacillates between dark Veronica and light A,B, C, etc. But there's only one Veronica and the other girls seem interchangeable.
    I agree, but am just going to through this out there as another possibility - it's been so long that I can't remember the name of season 1 girlfriend of both V and Logan - murdered by his dad. What if Logan has never really gotten over that relationship and now just goes for A, B, & C because they are not his type?

I am sorry to admit I have just been able to watch Mars this season as it has just become available on satellite in my area. So, I've had to rely on synopsis to catch up and can be way off the mark on this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2370207;
    I agree, but am just going to through this out there as another possibility - it's been so long that I can't remember the name of season 1 girlfriend of both V and Logan - murdered by his dad. What if Logan has never really gotten over that relationship and now just goes for A, B, & C because they are not his type?

I am sorry to admit I have just been able to watch Mars this season as it has just become available on satellite in my area. So, I've had to rely on synopsis to catch up and can be way off the mark on this.
    We only ever really saw her (Lily?) through VM's eyes...the modern VM would not probably have been good friends with her...the old VM was much more shallow, and frankly so was Lily from what I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2370379;
    We only ever really saw her (Lily?) through VM's eyes...the modern VM would not probably have been good friends with her...the old VM was much more shallow, and frankly so was Lily from what I could see.
    Well Veronica would never have been this way had Lily not died.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2370481;
    Well Veronica would never have been this way had Lily not died.
    AND if her friends had not rejected her...as in the theme song..."A long time ago we used to be friends...".
    But my point was on the discussion of whether the flighty cheerful type was Logan's "real " type, or whether VM as she now is (darker) is his "real" type. If Lily was his first girl friend, and prototype girlfriend, she was really neither, being nowhere near as innocent as Hannah nor as uncynical about the world as Hannah and Parker. But, guess it is reasonable to assume that the whole murder thing changed Logan, and maybe his preferred type, as well as it did VM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2370494;
    AND if her friends had not rejected her...as in the theme song..."A long time ago we used to be friends...".
    But my point was on the discussion of whether the flighty cheerful type was Logan's "real " type, or whether VM as she now is (darker) is his "real" type. If Lily was his first girl friend, and prototype girlfriend, she was really neither, being nowhere near as innocent as Hannah nor as uncynical about the world as Hannah and Parker. But, guess it is reasonable to assume that the whole murder thing changed Logan, and maybe his preferred type, as well as it did VM.
    It's been a while, so I don't remember Lily all that well. But I think she seemed sort of light, fun, and shallow on top and then had this really complex dark thing going on underneath--hence the relationships with Weevil and Logan's dad.

But I think whoever said that Lily's death had changed both Logan and Veronica is right. And I also think that a lot of what they had in common is the difficult stuff they've been through together--even when they were on opposite sides sometimes.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Change of topic here---the actor who plays Piz had a role in the Gray's Anatomy potential spin off this week---plays a hottie receptionist/surfer in the place one of the GA stars may move to in LA--so he gets to parade around in just swim trunks at one point---they even showed all the ladies on the show lined up to watch him go by, panting over his 6-pack. Definitely a "side" of Piz they haven't shown on VM!

So excited that VM is becoming likely to be back next year, with VM an FBI agent or trainee.

Love, love, love this incredibly written and acted show.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar;2380449;
    So excited that VM is becoming likely to be back next year, with VM an FBI agent or trainee.

Love, love, love this incredibly written and acted show.
    I know when I read on TvGuide that VM had a good chance of being renewed next year I nearly cried from joy.
    Go VM!
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

+ Reply to Thread