+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The Bold and the Beautiful

Re: The Bold and the Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Are they going to try to say that Ridge is gay now? Was that supposed to be a rainbow flag? As a friend of mine used to say,"Lord Today!!!"

Did you all know that you can see reruns of this show on TVGN?
    Ya is nuRidge now gay? I watched today and saw the pics that he gave to Brooke.

Hmmmm.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think they are going to misinterpret the picture and blow it all out of proportion.. It did NOT look like a rainbow flag, and the other picture was of him hugging some man....not kissing him. Only time will tell, I guess.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

had a snow day so I got to watch B&B so I watched until Hope told Whine he had one more chance. Made me so disgusted I turned it.
    Moontat likes this.

Absolutely love the new Ridge & no, he's not gay. Bill was really reaching with that one.

Like that Quinn had Bill thinking about Katie with another man & he said as long as it's not Ridge. I never thought of them as a couple, but with the new actor, I like Katie & Ridge together. Personally Brooke & Bill deserve one another.

Wish Wyatt would drive his camper off a cliff & take Hope with him. I'm liking Liam again & hope he gets even with Quinn & Wyatt. Thought it was funny that Hope asked why men keep lying to her. I guess she misses the fact that she's an idiot. Just waiting to see what Wyatt's ex girlfriend will bring to the story. An interest in Liam maybe? Thorne's daughter? Please. Go back to school.

I'm kinda hoping the things that Pam used to do to Donna -she'd now do to Quinn. Getting on Pam's bad side was a mistake.

Heard Taylor is coming back. I hope she's more interesting than when she left. Really didn't miss her.
    tapper01 and inthegarden like this.

I still think Ridge looks like a homeless man/street drunk.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I still think Ridge looks like a homeless man/street drunk.
    Nope! I just cannot get into this nuRidge at all.

He is not even anywhere close to old Ridge.

TB&TB have to recast this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I didn't like the old Ridge and had hopes for the nuRidge. Now, after watching him go between Katie and Brooke, I've given up on anyRidge. The writers are insistent in keeping him a ping pong ball. Bouncing between two women. Katie Brooke
    Taylor is coming back for a guest appearance on February the 28th. I miss her and Steffy.

So, where is Liam going to end up?

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I wish I knew. At this point, he seems to be...the voice of reason.

I've just recently started watching The Bold and the Beautiful on a sporadic basis probably thanks to some of you on this site mentioning it in other threads. I am totally enthralled with the Ridge, Katie, Brooke triangle. I am most definitely on Katie's side but of course since I am a newbie, I have no history to influence my feelings on the subject.

What I have seen in the little while that I've watched this is that it appears that Brooke did some nasty stuff in the past (again remember I really don't know if this is true, it's just my impressions), including sleeping with Katie's ex Bill and that when Ridge came back, he and Katie developed a strong friendship being there for each other.

However, since Ridge and Brooke were once each others soul mates, they think that they must be together in particularly because at this very moment, there is nothing to stop them for a change . . .or so they thought.

That's my very new look at this situation anyway.

As for the new Ridge versus the old Ridge, I just looked them both up and it seems like the old Ridge was much too young for either Brooke or Katie. I find the new Ridge quite hot for a man of his age (aka my age I think). I also found an interview with the new Ridge that I thought was quite funny and cute.

Here are bits of the interview with TV Guide

TV Guide Magazine: This is wild! How did the deal fall into place?

Kaye: When this came up with B&B I was very excited and didn't even care what the part was. I didn't know what kind of character Mr. Bell wanted me to do but he sounded so confident that he and I could work well together and do something interesting that I just bought into it. He's a great salesman! Then not more than 20 minutes before I got on the phone with you, I found out that I'm the new Ridge, who was a cornerstone of the show. [Laughs] So that's a whole other can of worms, isn't it? They needed someone to step up and I guess I'm the guy. I met Ronn a couple of times and he's a stunning man. And I got a face for radio! So I guess the viewers are in for a hell of a surprise! Maybe during his time away Ridge turned into an ugly European guy. [Laughs] You can't even say that he went and had plastic surgery unless he went to Serbia for the procedure and now he wants his money back!

TV Guide Magazine: So no qualms or concerns about this?

Kaye: Look, I'm an actor, so of course I get insecure, especially now that I know who I'm replacing. Ronn is an icon and people really loved him in the role but he's not there anymore, so I'll do what I can. People get replaced on soaps all the time. It was his choice to move on. He'd had enough. It was time. So I don't feel I'm taking food away from anybody. I can't be Ronn, and whoever will next play Zach on AMC won't be me, either. I won't bring the same tools to the role as Ronn did, but I do have a couple of my own. I just hope the audience will let me play with this for a bit and try to get my footing. Hopefully, I can help the show in some way. [Laughs] And, if I can't, then Ridge will go get lost on a desert island somewhere!

link

I know what it's like when a newcomer tries to replace a long-time favorite on a soap. I can even remember how unacceptable Demi Moore was on GH when she tried to replace Laura as Luke's love interest. Yes, I know that was a different character but man, she was Demi Moore.

However, I'm personally always more accepting when the actor that is being replaced left by their own choice. In this case, I'm quite loving his Serbian plastic surgery. Then again my disclaimer: I am a newbie who never watched the old Ridge.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread