+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Katie Couric

Katie Couric

Anyone looking forward to her starting on the CBS evening news? I could really care less, I think she might be good, but start already. Why on earth would she quit the Today Show 2 months or so before start time, and all these commercials with her appearing serious telling us how the news will be from now on, doing speaking tours. And the Today show is no better, every day they have a count down going on until Meredith whats-her-name starts. Why wait so long? Just start already!!

FORT Fogey
    Two words...

WHO CARES??????

I still won't watch CBS news. Blech.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I cannot believe her first NEWS broadcast included a sneak peek at Suri Cruise. What is the CBS News now, Access Hollywood? Might as well get Billy Bush doing political commentary.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I cannot believe her first NEWS broadcast included a sneak peek at Suri Cruise. What is the CBS News now, Access Hollywood? Might as well get Billy Bush doing political commentary.
    Quite ironic given that Katie had said during her pre-launch publicity that she thought the news should be an hour long program because "We really don't need The Insider anyway". No Katie, I guess that if you were to take over that program too, we wouldn't.

I watched some of it last night out of curiosity. I don't see myself going back. I thought the changes they made - especially the segment where variuos people will do commentary - added to the frivilous nature of news these days that they CLAIM they want to get rid of. I also could be wrong, but I swear there was a segment where Katie was sitting on top of the news desk, trying to look all casual. If in fact she did, she took women back about 50 years.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Couldn't stand her (or her gummy grin) on the Today Show and sure as HELL won't be watching her on CBS news.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I saw the last 2 minutes and that was enough to make me never watch again. Why would an intelligent audience CARE what your sign off is? How about GOOD NIGHT?? She has a dopey grin and a grainy voice. I don't find her adding any value to evening news. I'll stick to ABC.

I watched her a bit today for the first time. In an effort to make her a "serious journalist" or whatever they are trying to do, it seems she has aged 10 years since her time on "Today".

Quote Originally Posted by jensbiggestfan View Post
    I watched her a bit today for the first time. In an effort to make her a "serious journalist" or whatever they are trying to do, it seems she has aged 10 years since her time on "Today".
    What have they done to her?? She looks very different, to me. Something that has been done to her eyes is just not right. Ad another thing. Is it necessary for every woman to be some shade of blonde, or whatever? Didn't Katie have very dark hair for most of her career?

I find it very fitting that this thread is in the NON Reality TV forum. Katie Couric as a serious anchorperson is not reality!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast