+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Katie Couric

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Katie Couric

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Dislike is for various reasons and I think the mega perky is one of them and politics is another.

I watch it on occasion... such as when Valerie Harper (Rhoda) revealed she has terminal brain cancer ... Katie had her and the entire cast of the Mary Tyler Moore show on. I will usually check to see what's on her show and DVR the overnight repeat if I am interested.

ETA: On a side note ... Valerie Harper seems to be holding her own. I believe the 3 month prognosis was back in March ... so here's hoping she beats the odds by a lot!
    Before Katie she was on Jeff Probts show, She looked wonderful, and had no idea she was that ill I am so glad she is holding hr own.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Very good episode with Mariska Hegarty of SVU, on how many 100's of 1000's of untested rape kits are out there rotting away as the deadline for rape charges passes.

tango7

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    We're getting OT here, so if anyone wants to talk more about Katie's show, there is a thread for it in this forum, I believe. I remember reading several articles maybe a year ago that made it clear Katie was unhappy with the show and wanted it to have more of a serious journalistic bent than the producers wanted. I wasn't surprised when it was canceled because whenever I tuned in, she didn't look comfortable, especially in those fluffy segments most daytime talk shows love. That's why I can't see her joining this show. Talk about fluffy. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you like, but it doesn't seem like she does.

I read something recently that Whoopi implied she would be taking over Barbara's role on the show.
    (bolded)
    Perhaps you can share a link or tell where you read that. I'd like to see what Katie said. If she's been vocal about not being happy with the show, there should be lots of articles, but I can't find anything.

Savannah Who! Katie Couric Being Courted For Permanent Return To 'Today' - Radar Online

I stopped watching The Today Show when they hurt Ann Curry. Having Katie back might convince me to watch again. I've always loved her compassion toward others, and truthfully, GMA has been getting a little monotonous. I do love George, though, and Amy. I'm not sure what I would do. Maybe I would flip between the two.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Savannah Who! Katie Couric Being Courted For Permanent Return To 'Today' - Radar Online

I stopped watching The Today Show when they hurt Ann Curry. Having Katie back might convince me to watch again. I've always loved her compassion toward others, and truthfully, GMA has been getting a little monotonous. I do love George, though, and Amy. I'm not sure what I would do. Maybe I would flip between the two.
    I might again as well. Not that I'm a huge fan of either Katie or Matt on their own, but together they do have great chemistry. If I turn on one of the morning shows nowadays, it's definitely GMA. I confuse myself when I turn over to Today. All the women hosts/co-hosts blend together for me. And yes, they did Ann Curry terribly wrong. Such a classy lady.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm not buying the Radar story. After the Today show ratings suffered for a while, they've bounced back over the past year, and Savannah is a big part of that. She can pull off the fluff stories, but be taken seriously on the news stories as well, and has strong chemistry with the other cast members. She's also willing to share enough of her personal life, her kids etc, which makes her relatable. Why chance what is working? Not only is she not a liability for the show that needs to be replaced, but Matt is finally bouncing back from some pretty low viewer opinions after the whole Ann Curry thing. If he were once again seen as the guy deciding to ax a well-liked woman on the show, he'd be done for. And as a final straw against this story, Katie Couric like it or not is suffering from some popularity issues. There's a lot of gun-owning middle America that still holds a grudge against her for the editing debacle of the gun documentary she produced, where they used trick editing to make it appear that she'd stumped a group of NRA advocates with a hard hitting question, when in truth they all had valid answers for her and she edited them all out.

Nope, I'm confident that Savannah will happily return to her anchor seat when her maternity leave is over.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

To me, The Today Show was Katie. It's never appealed to me much since she left. I never understood their choice of replacements. Odd, imo.

I do get a good laugh when I happen to catch Matt lately. lol Whatever you call that stuff on his face is rather funny. I guess no one has the nerve to tell him. It's not attractive at all, imo.
    JORY'sMom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234