+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Katie Couric

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    What have they done to her?? She looks very different, to me. Something that has been done to her eyes is just not right. Ad another thing. Is it necessary for every woman to be some shade of blonde, or whatever? Didn't Katie have very dark hair for most of her career?
    She was a brunette when she was on the air here in DC, when she went national she got blond highlights and now she is this awful shade of blonde. I would rather see her as a brunette. I am sure the network made her go blonde. Who ever is doing her hair is not doing a good job as that shade of blonde does not go well with her skin tone.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    She was getting blonder and blonder at NBC too. I don't think it was a network thing - I think it was more of a Katie thing. Several years ago when she'd gotten to the point after her husband died that she started dating again, she started putting a lot more emphasis on her looks. She started working out, got excited when comments were made about her legs (and that's when her hemlines got higher and her heals too). It's understandable -- in her personal life, she was going from seeing herself as a wife and mother to accepting that she could be viewed by some men as hot. As a person, I don't really knock her for her transformation ... it just doesn't do much to encourage people to take her seriously as a news woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    What have they done to her?? She looks very different, to me. Something that has been done to her eyes is just not right. Ad another thing. Is it necessary for every woman to be some shade of blonde, or whatever? Didn't Katie have very dark hair for most of her career?
    Jeez, it's been for ages since I've been on the FORT but I just wanted to jump in and say KC seems to have aged since she left "Today". As a big fan, I'm not liking this "serious journalist" transformation (personality and physical appearance). She's definitely had some work done though but me no like....... I've watched her newscast several times and I think she's good, nothing spectacular. I don't like the Evening News format so I can't see myself watching her that much. I'm gonna stick with my man Brian Williams. Kinda sad cause I was set on throwing all my support behind Katie. Btw, I never understood all the hype leading up to and brouhaha after her first broadcast. I thought it was all much ado about nothing!

As for her going blonde she's previously said it's to cover up all the gray. I've noticed that her hair is a little darker now compared to her "Today" days.

Speaking of Today, I'm really liking Meredith Vieira. She slipped right in so seamlessly - such a smooth transition. She's a breath of air. Love the chemistry b/t her and Matt. I think she's still trying to find her way with Ann and Al, (particularly Ann - not sure she's too thrilled that Mere is there!) but I'm sure that will come with time......I've noticed that Meredith's hair is few shades lighter too. That must a prerequisite for network anchor chairs these days.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

I liked Katie Couric on the Today Show, but when I caught a couple minutes of her Nightly News appearance, I was not very impressed. On the show I viewed, heck it looked like she had pulled her hair back because she hadn't washed it today...never saw that on Today.

I too like Meredith on Today. I think NBC came out on top of this personnel shift.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I've always liked Katie, but have also thought that she's sort of tomboy slouchy, if that makes sense. There is nothing really girly about her, she would probably be more comfortable, and look better, in jeans and a sweat shirt. I know that feeling. She is no clothes horse, for sure. Her hair usually looks a tad unkept but like you, I've never seen it when it was pulled back. I noticed that today she had gone back to a simple white shirt and black skirt.

I think NBC came out on top of this personnel shift.
    Agreed! Altho all three networks have seen ratings increases since the three women made their debuts. I haven't seen the trainwreck called The View since Meredith left so I have no idea (nor do I care) how Rosie is on that show. I've been reading a lot of reviews for Katie and Meredith and the so-called critics are raving about Meredith and panning Katie. Of course Katie is being held to a different standard, given her position.

There is nothing really girly about her, she would probably be more comfortable, and look better, in jeans and a sweat shirt. I know that feeling. She is no clothes horse, for sure. Her hair usually looks a tad unkept but like you, I've never seen it when it was pulled back. I noticed that today she had gone back to a simple white shirt and black skirt.
    Muduh don't let Katie or the style watchers hear you saying that. LOL. "Style experts" have always dubbed her a glamour icon and a fashionista/trendsetter. I don't have a problem with her hair or the way she dresses. Sometimes I do think some of her suits swallow her up. Now the make-up is another story. She needs to get rid of some of those godawful lipsticks and ease up on the mascara and lipliner. I do like when she's wearing a simple black skirt and white blouse tho. I think it's rather classic.

Since we're analyzing Katie (lol), I have always wondered if she's conscious of her figure. Now I thinks she looks darn good for her age. She's perfectly toned and proportioned. But, she always seems to have her hands near her mid-section as if she's trying to cover it up. It's a habit she's had for years. It always draws attention to that area, from me, at least. I don't even think she's aware she's doing that. I haven't seen it as much on her newscast but then again I haven't watched her that much.

One thing I wish she would stop doing is perching on her desk at end of the broadcast. Gosh I can't stand that!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

That floors me! I really like Katie and have for years but I have never thought she was very stylish. Oh well, what do I know.

FORT Fogey
    I heard today that the CBS News with Katie is now solidly in third place, 40% behind the ABC News (in second place). Their ratings now are even lower than they were with Bob Schiefer in the anchor desk.

So how long will it take for some top exec's head to roll for thinking it was a good idea to pay for a multi-million dollar contract that has delivered a product worse than they had before?

Re: Katie Couric

This is an old thread since I didn't find one (easily, anyway) for her talk show on ABC.

On Mon, 6/17 she will feature the Bachelor franchise with some of the usual suspects as guests.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Katie Couric

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is an old thread since I didn't find one (easily, anyway) for her talk show on ABC.

On Mon, 6/17 she will feature the Bachelor franchise with some of the usual suspects as guests.
    Thanks for that and I am going to set the DVR for that now.

I've been wondering if there wasn't some way to split the daytime shows into a separate forum. I mean shows like this, all the soaps, The View, Ellen etc.

I noticed that the Houswives have their own forum, so with so many daytime shows it just seems like a good idea.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast