+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sopranos - "Christopher" (Episode 3, 09/29)

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Sopranos Season 4: Episode 3 (September 29)

From TVGuide.com

The Sopranos
    Christopher

Michael Imperioli, who plays Tony's nephew Christopher, wrote this episode, which deals with issues of ethnic pride.
    As Columbus Day nears, Silvio (Steven Van Zandt) is incensed to learn that a group of Native Americans is planning to disrupt the parade in Newark. Meanwhile, Bobby (Steven R. Schirripa) is blindsided by a personal tragedy; Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) learns of a joke made at his wife's expense; Janice reconsiders her relationship with Ralph (Joe Pantoliano); Carmela and her friends become upset at a luncheon thrown by Father Phil (Paul Schulze); and---in a great closing scene---Tony once again shares his view of Gary Cooper as the quintessential American male.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

This episode was terribly boring!!!

I was very disappointed last night.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

LG.
    I actually watched it last night as the Vikings Sunday Night game was equally boring. I'm interested about the Columbus Day debate, but thought they missed out on a chance to advance some importants plots, such as Adrienna and the FBI and where they heck is Meadow. Bobby Bacala is a super guy, though, and Janice, what a freaking loon. Janice and Ralphie deserve each other.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Ok I missed the first five minutes or so but did they just completely ignore the whole Adrianna and the FBI thing?

Pretty much TGH. Adrianna had a squemish look on her face at one point when someone said the word two-faced (in a completely unrelated conversation). But other than that there was zero mention of it.

LG.
    It seems pretty unconnected with the Adriana storyline and the other ongoing plots in the series, and given the fact that one of the actors wrote this episode, it makes me think that he wrote it independent of the ongoing plot and they just dropped it into the mix with a little nod added to Adriana's saga by the writers later (as BF referenced). It was SO ODD that Carmella and Tony didn't even mention Meadow (that I saw) as her potentially dropping out of college was such a huge chunk of last week's episode. Seems like a free-standing episode, like the one where Christopher and Paulie were stuck in the woods all night (which was a better episode, BTW).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah I agree LG. You could have missed this entire episode and wouldn't have even noticed next week.

I actually did miss it. I was watching Alias. Glad to hear that I made the right choice though.

+ Reply to Thread