+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Emmys

I just wanted to add that, according to my TiVo listing anyway, the Emmys will re-air at 4 PM today on Bravo.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up
    I know--how gorgeous is she? She has allowed herself to age gracefully and beautifully (kinda like how Audrey Hepburn did).

FORT Fogey
    i never really like teh emmys. I always thought they are trhe most bias award show

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    Grey's Anatomy was shut out?! It is the best show on television! What is wrong with those people? Chandra Wilson and Steve Carell were robbed! I don't think I'll watch the Emmys again.

Seriously. Not. Even. One. Award. Grey's was robbed. (I agree, Steve Carell was also robbed).

FORT Fogey
    actually they won best casting!

in my opinion, Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series belong to
    Sandra Oh

I taped it and haven't watched it yet. I guess according to the comments, I won't enjoy it very much. Greys shut out!!! WTH is going on here? Not happy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I know--how gorgeous is she? She has allowed herself to age gracefully and beautifully (kinda like how Audrey Hepburn did).
    Absolutely. She's sexy and beautiful, but she doesn't look like she's in the plastic surgeon's office all the time either. I loved Helen in Excalibur, which is when I first was aware of her, but I think she's even more fabulous now. That "ass over tit" comment had me rolling. She's a great broad and she always dresses so well. That gown last night was stunning. She and Hugh Laurie were the highlight of the night for me.

Since I forgot to mention it before: I heart Jeremy Piven. He had me laughing and then tearing up, all in 30 seconds. Also, I don't care what the fashionistas say, I thought he worked that ascot!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

finally, 24 gets emmys. its about time.

also very very glad that TAR beat the overhyped AI.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Absolutely. She's sexy and beautiful, but she doesn't look like she's in the plastic surgeon's office all the time either. I loved Helen in Excalibur, which is when I first was aware of her, but I think she's even more fabulous now. That "ass over tit" comment had me rolling. She's a great broad and she always dresses so well. That gown last night was stunning. She and Hugh Laurie were the highlight of the night for me.

Since I forgot to mention it before: I heart Jeremy Piven. He had me laughing and then tearing up, all in 30 seconds. Also, I don't care what the fashionistas say, I thought he worked that ascot!
    She and Hugh Laurie were gorgeous together and such good presenters. So funny and poised. Unlike the majority of the presenters who looked like they were scared to be in front of an audience. I think it makes a world of difference if actors are stage-trained and not just "tv" stars.

And in terms of looks, compare her looks to Farrah Fawcett's. I think some of these aging sex kittens have a really hard time letting go, whereas someone like Helen--who was renowned for her talent--spends less time worrying about looks and more on roles...and ironically ends up looking better on all fronts!

Piven is a Chicago boy! I've seen him at some of the clubs/restaurants here when he comes back home to visit. I like him a lot, too. And I thought he looked great on the show! (Not as refined as Hugh Laurie, but pretty darned adorable).

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I think the reason why Grey didn't win was because it us abit soapish with the fact that everyone seems to be just hitting the sack for a hospital drama.
    Despite liking the show, that actually bugs me. It's become more about their personal relationships then their jobs.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast