+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Emmys

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    ohmigod. Jaclyn Smith hasn't aged one bit! Kate Jackson and Farrah Fawcett looked pretty good for their ages...but Jaclyn looked almost the same! She didn't look like she had plastic surgery either (like the other two)...
    But that smoker's voice of hers... (and I don't even know if she smokes, its just that her ALREADY deep voice has gotten much deeper)

Otherwise though, you are correct.

And...

Wow. Eva Longoria should be more careful with her skin. She looks like someone stuck her in a toaster.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

yay for Helen Mirren.

Candice Bergen looked dreadful.
    That outfit put 50 pounds on her.

Mariska Hargitay wins for Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

I'm almost over the Hugh Laurie snub.
    Throw an Emmy to Christopher Meloni and I'll be happy. (I know Keifer will win it, but I still hold out hope).

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Mariska Hargitay wins for Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series.
    When doesn't she? Despite their so called "changes", the Emmy STILL usually play out like a broken record.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Grey's Anatomy was shut out?! It is the best show on television! What is wrong with those people? Chandra Wilson and Steve Carell were robbed! I don't think I'll watch the Emmys again.

i thought this was such a snore, it was so boring...i couldnt bare watching, i switched back and fourth between Big Brother and the Jane Goodall special...lol

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I am very disappointed in the EMMYS. I was only satisfied with Megan Mullaly's win and the Office's win, and TAR. Debra Messing, Steve Carell, and Grey's Anatomy were robbed. THIS EMMY SUCKED
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I was pretty peeved when Steve Carell didn't win Best Actor. However, things somwhat evened out when Mariska won her first Emmy and when The Office won best comedy. Those were the only nominees I cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    When doesn't she? Despite their so called "changes", the Emmy STILL usually play out like a broken record.
    Krom, as far as I know, that was Mariska's first win. I think it was her third nomination in a row but her first win. She's awesome on SVU so I'm quite happy about her win.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I didn't watch the whole show, but I did enjoy the opening montage. I found the Aaron Spelling tribute overly long. Boy does Farrah look like crap, especially next to Jacklyn Smith. Does that woman age? She's gorgeous.

I love Tony Shaloub, but Steve Carrell should have won. The Office is the only sitcom that regularly has me laughing out loud and I'm really happy it won. If Hugh Laurie (whom I adore) wasn't going to get the Emmy, then I'm glad Kiefer took it.

I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Boy does Farrah look like crap, especially next to Jacklyn Smith. Does that woman age? She's gorgeous.
    Oh I totally agree! I couldn't believe how young she still looks, virtually unchanged. There must be vampirism involved! Farrah and the other brunette both look like bad trannies.

Anyway, I didn't much care for the show tonight. I didn't agree with hardly any of the winners (I was hoping Will Arnett would win comedic actor, or ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT would have at least one last gasp/death rattle). I don't get Julia Louis-Dreyfuss's win. I've tried watching "New Adventures of Old blah blah blah" and what I've seen was absolutely dreadful and some of the unfunniest moments I've ever had the misfortune to witness on network television.

I only watched most of it because I frickin' LOVE Conan O' Brien. He's a fantastic host for this. How great was Bob Newheart, BTW. Funniest straight man in comedy ever. His reactions are priceless.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast