+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kidnapped

I'm still hooked for now. Interesting that the son is in Mexico and he didn't even know it!

What I don't like is how this is too much like Vanished. With that show, there's the subplot of some wacko "helping" the lead FBI guy. This show also has some wacko who knows the lead character and he seems to be "helping" too, even though he's in prison.

Come on networks, show some originality!

Hmm, Kidnapped and Vanished may not make the long haul.

Here's some Kidnapped news from Ask Ausiello at tvguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co...o/default.aspx)

Question: I'm such a huge fan of Kidnapped. Do you see it lasting for a full season? — MelanieJo

Ausiello: Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just got word that the show is essentially dead. Producers have been told to finish making 13 episodes, and then stop. On the bright side, another Reunion this is not. They had a contingency plan in place that lets them wrap up the mystery by then.

I'm not surprised because there is only so long people can disappear before they are found or the people trying to find them give up hope they will ever be found.

I read about that. I'm just glad that, unlike Reunion, viewers will find out what happens and why/how's of it.

It was a good/okay show, but up against some of its tougher competitors, it just didn't have the legs it needed.
    After last night though, I really really like the "lead" kidnap finder. He's great and though his style is certainly abrasive, he plays it well.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm following this show too, and like it well enough, but if I missed an episode or it got canceled, it wouldn't bother me.

Really like the rough 'n tough rescue guy, Knapp. He reminds me of the lead character in Lee Childs' 'Jack Reacher' series.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Just watched Sat's show online. It is pretty good. Weird that it isn't doing well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

http://community.tvguide.com/thread....adID=700010805

Kidnapped To Conclude Its Run on NBC.com

NBC has pulled the already humiliated Kidnapped from its sad Saturday burn-off berth for the duration of November sweeps, replacing it with Law & Order: CI reruns. The struggling serial is wrapping production on its 13th and final episode as we speak, and the entire demi-season "is bound to have a life on DVD," said my source. Now, TVGuide.com has procured an official update on the series' fate, from an NBC spokesperson: "Kidnapped will not return to the television screen after sweeps. However, the remaining eight episodes will run on NBC.com."
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

Sheesh, the network couldn't even let it finish its run on Sat. nights when NOTHING else is on anyway.

poop....that sux. I kind of liked it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

That's terrible! Being in Canada, we aren't allowed to view the online episodes from NBC (abc, cbs). Something about copyright issues. So that definitely ticks me off! We're supporters of television too . Hopefully there will be a way us in Canada can view the remaining episodes.

I hope so too canadian_angel.... I just watched the most recent episode online and I just love the Knapp character for sure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12