+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 129 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Brothers and Sisters

The link is at http\Www.abc.go.com

Brothers AND Sisters
    Premieres Sunday, September 24 @ 10/9c

Brothers & Sisters is a compelling, new one-hour primetime drama from executive producers Ken Olin, playwright Jon Robin Baitz and Marti Noxon about the California-based Walker family. In the series, we meet a collection of incredibly intertwined and somewhat damaged adult siblings who embrace one another unconditionally while striving to reflect the perceived perfection of their role model parents. In the days ahead, they will navigate waves of temptation, deception and grief.

Brothers & Sisters follows the Walkers through the maze of American life today -- the pressures, limitless options and the struggle to grow beyond our backgrounds into ourselves. Through these fascinating siblings -- Sarah (Rachel Griffiths), the corporate VP who returns to the family business so she can give to her marriage as much as she does to her career; Tommy (Balthazar Getty), the loyal son yet charming womanizer; Kevin (Matthew Rhys), the gay lawyer cautiously learning about love; Justin (Dave Annable), the baby of the family, grappling with war trauma and addiction; and Kitty (Calista Flockhart), right-wing radio host turned TV pundit who has always been Daddy's little girl -- the show explores what it means to be a family in the 21st century, and how these brothers and sisters balance their own lives as they strive to accept their parents as people -- flawed, contradictory and forgivable -- rather than just as a father and mother.

The parents are Tom Skerritt as William Walker, the larger-than-life patriarch and president of the family business, and Sally Field as Nora Holden, the opinionated wife and mother to the five Walker siblings. Then there's Ron Rifkin as Saul Holden, Nora's dandyish brother; John Pyper-Ferguson as Sarah's husband, Joe; Sarah Jane Morris as Tommy's wife, Julia; and Patricia Wettig as the mystery woman who could bring the Walkers and their company down.

Brothers & Sisters stars Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal) as Kitty, Rachel Griffiths (Six Feet Under) as Sarah, Sally Field (Norman Rae) as Nora Holden, Ron Rifkin (Alias) as Saul Holden, Patricia Wettig (thirtysomething) as Holly, Balthazar Getty (Alias) as Thomas, Dave Annable (Reunion) as Justin, Matthew Rhys (Titus, Love and other Disasters) as Kevin, John Pyper-Ferguson (Unforgiven, Nightstalker) as Joe and Sarah Jane Morris (Felicity) as Julia.

Hey Again!

Another show I'm anxious to watch. Sounds like a great cast and a wonderful mysterious kinda messy family. Should be a winner. We'll have to see the first episode.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Can't stand Calista Flockhart, but there's enough folks in the cast that I really do like, so I'll force myself to watch at least the first episode.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Can't stand Calista Flockhart, but there's enough folks in the cast that I really do like, so I'll force myself to watch at least the first episode.
    Couldn't agree more, Q. I never could stand Calista Flockhart, but Ron Rifkin, Sally Field, Tom Skeritt, and Patricia Wettig make it a show I will at least take a look at.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Very good cast not sure about the time slot however.

Okay. Is anyone watching this? What just happened???? They're pulling someone out of the pool? Who was it? Did he commit suicide? WTH happened?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Nilesgirl.... that's the father (Tom Skerritt). It looked like he was having a heart attack. (And the previews just show what happens, darnit)

I have to say that I really, really enjoyed this first episode. I've never been a fan of Calista Flockhart, either, but even her affected way of speaking did not dampen my enjoyment.

And so nice to see the guy who is playing Justin.... he was on Reunion last season. What a cutie!

The cast is huge, but it shouldn't be too terrible to keep up with.

OH! You mean to tell me that he was only supposed to be in one episode??? He's one of the main reasons I was gonna watch it. Him and Sally. Hate Calista "the twig" Flockhart.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm pissed they moved Grey's Anatomy from this slot, but I really am enjoying this first episode. I'm a big Rachel Griffiths fan ever since Muriel's Wedding and there was even a Michael Beach siting.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I was really impressed by the acting and writing on tonight's show, and Rachel Griffith was outstanding, and even though I never watched Ally McBeal, I thought Calista turned what could have been a very maudlin scene into something real, and emotional without going overboard. Sometimes with acting less is more, so kudos for her. This one's a keeper. Well so far.

+ Reply to Thread