+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 129 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3737657;
    Just read that the girl playing the surrogate is Holly and whathisnames real life daughter.
    Interesting! Well, she's doing a good job of playing the flaky pursemaker!

I saw Roxy Olin's name in the credits, but didn't recognize her! I remember seeing a picture or footage of her with her folks many years ago. When you look at pictures of her, it's obvious who her parents are. She's a really nice combo of their features. Definitely her mother's eyes, but her father's coloring.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3737668;
    I saw Roxy Olin's name in the credits, but didn't recognize her! I remember seeing a picture or footage of her with her folks many years ago. When you look at pictures of her, it's obvious who her parents are. She's a really nice combo of their features. Definitely her mother's eyes, but her father's coloring.
    I had the WEIRDEST reaction to Roxy Olin -- WOW! I had no idea that she was Patricia Wettig and Ken Olin's daughter, but there's something that I don't like about Patricia Wettig -- can't put my finger on it exactly, but she kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies, and although Roxy Olin is a very pretty girl, I had the same heebie-jeebie reaction to her --- but I couldn't figure out why, because of course I didn't know that she's Patricia Wettig's daughter in real life. That was so weird!

FORT Regular

is she playing the same character she played before? Before she was the girlfriend of Jason Lewis' character who Kevin was involved with before he married Scotty...I thought that looked like her but wasn't sure she had the same name as when she was on the show before...??????

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3736739;
    I thought the scene where everyone drooled over Luc at the pool was great lighthearted fun... something this show's been lacking lately!
    I totally agree!! I was laughing out loud watching it....

FORT Fogey

I happened to see several ads on tv today with Sally Fields which reminded me of something in relation to this show--

I have always loved her as an actor and I find her character on B&S to be somewhat dour and unhappy. Seeing her in the ads as a smiling and happy person made me wish that the writers of the show gave her a bigger range of emotions to play.

I miss seeing that big glowing smile.
    IMO only.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3738576;
    I happened to see several ads on tv today with Sally Fields which reminded me of something in relation to this show--

I have always loved her as an actor and I find her character on B&S to be somewhat dour and unhappy. Seeing her in the ads as a smiling and happy person made me wish that the writers of the show gave her a bigger range of emotions to play.

I miss seeing that big glowing smile.
    IMO only.
    I agree. She's such a pretty lady. She needs a happy storyline for a change.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Me too!!! I used to love Gidget reruns when I was a kid, so that's how I always think of Sally Field - a happy, smiley beach girl. (The Flying Nun...not so much, LOL.)

This show needs to lighten up and let some of the characters just be happy once in a while. It seems like we have:
    -Nora always stressing over something
    -Kevin & Scotty having some kind of arguement - I love Scotty but Kevin is too whiny and negative
    -Kitty with lymphoma
    -Robert, Kitty's husband with the heart problems, job conflicts and issues with their marriage or his kids
    -Saul's in the background struggling with coming out as a 60+yr-old man
    -Justin had the drug problem, now struggling with school and engaged to Rebecca - why can't the newly engaged couple be happy for at least one or 2 episodes???? Immediately with the fights over the wedding??! Come on!
    -Holly with the money problems and work drama
    -Sara has a moment of happiness with Luc, quickly ending with Kitty's news & concern over her kids reactions to Luc.

Who am I leaving out???

Aside from Scotty, David seems like the most generally happy character, but we don't see much of him. This week all we saw was Holly verbally abusing him.... what a downer.

I wish the writers would switch it up a little and give us at least one character each week who is happy the entire episode.

FORT Fogey

Cornholio--I agree. And it would be realistic becsuse in big families when there are problems there is always one perosn who is annoyingly happy while everyone else is freaking out or is down in the dumps. .

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3737657;
    Just read that the girl playing the surrogate is Holly and whathisnames real life daughter.
    She is also on The City on MTv as she is friends with Whitney Port. Watched one episode a couple of weeks ago just to catch her and man.... they show her to be a royal wench, a fact that she didn't much deny in an interview.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread