+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 129 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3727370;
    I'm confused. How would Ryan even know this guy? If I remember correctly, until very recently Ryan didn't even know the Walkers existed, or that he was William's son, until Nora located him and informed him of the little that she knew --- So how could Ryan ever know anything about William's former (and assumedly secret) business transactions --- not to mention an old vendetta of a former business partner???????
    Since this guy is Williams former partner, I suppose it's possible that he knew about Ryan and Williams affair. And got to Ryan that way.

Ooh la la! Gilles was on tonight's show and things are heating up with him and Sarah. He will be back for about 4 more shows I believe. Looks like his appearance with lighten up the atmosphere while Kitty is fighting her cancer.

Gilles is eye candy. He looks better on this show than he did DWTS's. They don't have him cheezy clothes and make-up. He looked really yummy tonight. I thought Rob Lowe looked really good in this episode tonight, too.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3720414;
    If the show was set in a more multi-cultural area, maybe I'd call foul about the lack of diversity, but it's set in a lily white section of Pasadena.

I'm still watching, but I'm just not that excited about this season. I hope things pick up, 'cause I'm bored with the same old thing.

But Rob Lowe's character--for example--represents more than just that one area doesn't he?

I have to agree that a show set in highly multi-cultural California with it s large Hispanic population for exmple as well as very diverse peoples of Asian origins population has NO Hispanics or Asians anywhere to be seen.

Just not quite believable.

It really does get overwhelmingly white-bready after a while.

Which is probably why even though I really like most of the actors on the show I can never sit still for an entire episode.

ETA--at least they have the good sense to hire a hunky French actor. I was able to get me some Gilles Marini eye-time last night.

*sigh*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3731311;
    But Rob Lowe's character--for example--represents more than just that one area doesn't he?
    I have to agree that a show set in highly multi-cultural California with it s large Hispanic population for exmple as well as very diverse peoples of Asian origins population has NO Hispanics or Asians anywhere to be seen.

Just not quite believable.

It really does get overwhelmingly white-bready after a while.

Which is probably why even though I really like most of the actors on the show I can never sit still for an entire episode.

ETA--at least they have the good sense to hire a hunky French actor. I was able to get me some Gilles Marini eye-time last night.

*sigh*
    Yes, I think he is meant to be a US Senator, no? Representing the WHOLE state? So to be at all in touch with reality we ought at least to see background workers in his office representing the state...Yes, he's a Republican, but even conservative Republicans today have "outreach" people working for them.

I don't watch Dancing so this was my first exposure to Gilles...yes, indeedy, yummy. Now how is Sarah going to explain to Kitty that she was lying about lying? Hopefully with the truth for a change?

Yes, he does represent a racially diverse state, but this show isn't about his professional life: it's about his wife's family and their friends, most of whom live in lily-white Pasadena. If I wanted a political show, I'd watch re-runs of West Wing.

I love Gilles. As long as he sticks around, I'll be happy to watch. Sarah is actually my favorite sibling and I've been wanting her to have a little romance since she split up with Joe.

I'm glad Justin seems to be doing better. That little jerk of a lab partner has some nerve. I'm glad he didn't get his way about trading Justin in for someone else.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved the professor asking Justin to teach the boy genius about how to get along with people in the real world. That was a really nicely done scene.

I'm guessing Sarah lied because she didn't want to tell Kitty that she'd left Gilles behind as soon as she learned that Kitty had cancer.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh. I know it isn't about anyone's work life... but there are scenes at assorted offices... there ought at least to be some extras of color in the background!
    Anyway, I agree, the lilywhite descendants of William (plus one baby) are the focus.
    I wonder when we will see Sarah's kids again. Paige must be getting close to old enought to have some kind of romantic life....or to respond to her mom having one. Don't the kids live with her? Must cramp her style with Gilles!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't think the kids lived with her, or that at least, spent as much (if not more) time with their dad. I want to say that I remember thinking that she was in the position that most dads are, with liberal visitation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3732020;
    I didn't think the kids lived with her, or that at least, spent as much (if not more) time with their dad. I want to say that I remember thinking that she was in the position that most dads are, with liberal visitation.
    I think Sarah normally does have the kids. But a few episode ago, her justification for going to France was partially because Joe had the kids for a few more weeks. So that's why we haven't seen them recently.

+ Reply to Thread