+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 129 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Thank you very much, prhoshay

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I enjoyed last nights episode, even if it was sad. Sally Field is such a terrific actress. She has the most expressive eyes...she doesn't even have to speak...you can see it all right there.

I loved the touching moments between Nora and Scotty and then Scotty and Kevin. IMO, they are handling the gay relationship wonderfully. It's not over the top and they don't give too little. It's just right.

I'm assuming that Sarah is on maternity leave? Anyone know when she's expected back?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3718506;
    Lymphoma.
    They even specified the kind...non-Hodgekins large cell (?) something... Maybe someone more up on lymphoma caught the details?

and the doc said that it was very treatable and cureable...while Kitty was kind of zoning out. Later Kitty said she had lymphoma, "the bad kind"... not sure what the heck is going on with that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3715145;
    End of rant---kind of get on my soapbox when I see such poor "advising", as I see it all the time where I work---kids getting in way over their heads when they could be quite successful if they just took things at a normal pace.
    My own rant would be about Ken Olin having another show with the same white bread cast. I thought things might be different when Danny Glover was around but then his short storyline ended. Things may have changed this season I don't know I haven't watched.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know...the only "people of color" have been dates and other in and out people....except for baby Evan of course--he's a permanent cast member.

FORT Fogey

Sorry, that was my own personal rant. It's like having a show called Friends and me turning to my friends and going hmmm, something doesn't match here.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3718745;
    They even specified the kind...non-Hodgekins large cell (?) something... Maybe someone more up on lymphoma caught the details?

and the doc said that it was very treatable and cureable...while Kitty was kind of zoning out. Later Kitty said she had lymphoma, "the bad kind"... not sure what the heck is going on with that.
    I think what Kitty was referring to is that Hodgkin's Lymphoma is almost always cureable. What the doctor told Kitty she had was Non-Hodgkins Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma. According to the American Cancer Society website:

This is a fast growing lymphoma, but it often responds well to treatment with chemotherapy. Overall, about 3 out of 4 people will have no signs of disease after initial treatment, and about half of all people with this lymphoma are cured with therapy.
    ACS :: What Is Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma?
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;3718856;
    Sorry, that was my own personal rant. It's like having a show called Friends and me turning to my friends and going hmmm, something doesn't match here.
    But the show wasn't called "Your Friends" nor, I'm suspecting, was it intended to represent everyone's friends. Same thing here... it's called "Brothers and Sisters" not "Your Brothers and Sisters" and I don't suspect the intent is to represent every family.

In these instances the shows depict an instantiation of friends or families. Sometimes when a show tries to include all different kinds of ethnic, economic and social circles it comes off as trying to hard and rather fake.

I'm glad Kitty's kind of Lymphoma is treatable - though I'm sure the writers will add in all sorts of ups and downs along the way. After all, it's a television show in the DRAMA category

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3719968;
    But the show wasn't called "Your Friends" nor, I'm suspecting, was it intended to represent everyone's friends. Same thing here... it's called "Brothers and Sisters" not "Your Brothers and Sisters" and I don't suspect the intent is to represent every family.

In these instances the shows depict an instantiation of friends or families. Sometimes when a show tries to include all different kinds of ethnic, economic and social circles it comes off as trying to hard and rather fake.
    I agree!!! And please don't forget that in this, so called "white bread" series, you have a Caucasian couple adopting an African American baby, AND a gay son having relationships with other gay men, and marrying a gay man, AND a gay uncle. This is not exactly "white bread" -- PLUS you also have an adulterous husband fathering not one, but two illegitimate children from two adulterous relationships.

TV has totally changed people! All kinds of minorities are now reprepresented on the air --- and there are hundreds of channels. I appreciate the concern for the inclusion of minorities, but let's give credit where credit is due, when we DO have multples of shows that include all different kinds of minorities. As Marlena_M said, you can't have all minorities represented in every show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

True,and obviously this is about William's descendants...and clearly he only reproduced with white women (and his kids are doing the same)....and he was probably pretty daring for his generation with the whole WASP/Jewish thing....and not saying the Walkers are bigots. It just seems likely that in a show set in CA of all places that they would have at least one friend/employee in a recurring role who was not white. other than a baby with no speaking part.

+ Reply to Thread