+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 129 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

FORT Regular

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Does anyone else besides me find Sally Field to be one of the most obnoxious actresses around? I literally had to stop watching brothers and sister because of how irritating her voice is.

I agree to an extent. I find her to be annoying (as a character) when it comes to her involvement in her family's lives and her shrill voice drives me bonkers. I swear she's whining all the time. Her acting is top notch though. You can see and feel every single emotion her character has.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hobbes, I like park guy as well, but don't see a long term thing there. Right now he's what she needs, someone into kids, but long term...she's used to being at the top of the heap herself, and paired with a very alpha male--do we even know what job this guy has? Surely nothing comparable to what Kitty herself or Robert do/have done. I've seen park guy on something else...was he the doctor brother of the lawyer who had god in his head or maybe just an aneurysm (Eli Stone)?
    Robert has definitely been a self centred jerk about the whole baby thing, but think about it from his viewpoint. He'd be perfectly happy with no more kids--he's done the whole kid thing, and I'm sure his first wife did all the work there--and on top of that the kid is no relation to him and they went through a lot of up and down drama getting the kid. Now Kitty expects him to be a stay at home dad, or at least one that is at home more than now and then.
    I'm definitely liking Rebecca better these days, but she started from pretty far down ... remember she seduced Sarah's husband. True, he was the grown up there and could have said no, but she wasn't THAT young that she didn't know exactly what she was doing--trying to make the family implode. Just like Ryan's doing. So she can't be on too much of a high moral ground here. Of course she could also be horrified about her mother's behavior, but it surely isn't a surprise to her.
    And I agree, Norah was equally self centered. Julia nailed it---she's just a conduit for Norah to pass on more Walker genes. They don't care about her at all.
    ETA, but I do think SF is great actress---I've seen her do very different characters than Norah. Norah's annoying, SF isn't!
    ETA later, just read some Ausiello gossip that says that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    park guy is going to be in Entourage next year, so doesn't sound like he will also be on B&S...and if "Robert" is also leaving, as said in the spoiler above, Kitty may be a single mom. PLUS the anti-Ryan backlash is making them rethink keeping the character around. Maybe they DO listen to us?
    Last edited by PWS; 05-02-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Okay, maybe this is just me, but I am really sick of Kittys attitude towards Robert, He is what he has always been. She knew what she was getting in to when she married him. He was running for President and already a congressman when she WORKED for him. Now, she wants him to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3433023;
    Okay, maybe this is just me, but I am really sick of Kittys attitude towards Robert, He is what he has always been. She knew what she was getting in to when she married him. He was running for President and already a congressman when she WORKED for him. Now, she wants him to stop?
    Nope, it's not just you. She suddenly changed when she got knocked up and wanted to be June Cleaver. So now he has to change for her. But hey, isn't it the "Walker way" to be spoiled and self-absorbed?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

So Ryan didn't leave after all. I wonder what he is going to do now that his motives are out in the open as well as Holly's.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Last night was a good show! So Kitty is really a chip off the old block, her Dad was a cheating spouse, and Kitty was tempted to cheat. I loved the flashback scenes where they brought her father's character back. Holly and Sara's fight was a bit over the top, but I like seeing Holly's kinder side if it is believable. Finally Justin has good news as Justin has played the loser for too long and now things are coming together for him.

Next week's preview looks like a wild show with Nora tromping off to Mexico in hot pursuit to find Tommy and the entire Walker family trailing behind her --I hope they are wearing medical masks! The last shot I saw of the previews was a helicopter departing and I am betting Robert says adios to Kitty! Next week's show is the season finale!

This weeks show seemed back on track.

Sarah got her brains & backbone back, & still showed her vulnerability.
    Kitty used her head.
    Kevin acted like Kevin.
    Scotty was lovable as ever.
    Nora was back to character.
    Once again I almost liked Rebecca & Justin. They are growing on me as a couple. Still not there yet.

I liked the flashbacks with William. The character may be a philandering self-serving jerk, but I love the actor. Like Sally Field, his acting is excellent & he plays the part & emotions totally realistic.

The stage show & subsequent argument with microphones on may have been a bit over the top, but a classic Brothers & Sisters disasterous get together. I laughed & smiled all through it.

I was disappointed that Ryan didn't leave. I just can't stand anything about him.

I was not thrilled with the season ender last night. I realize that Saul feels responsible for Ryan's mom passing away but to go back to work and have to owe Holly something for it seems far fetched just to keep an eye on the kid and see he's getting what he deserves. If he didn't tell Ryan about that night, Holly now has all kinds of things to hold over the Walker's heads now. It just seems really dumb.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I wasn't super thrilled with it either. I expected more....I guess, drama.

I don't think I'm liking where they might be taking Rebecca's character. We'll see though maybe it won't turn into what her mother was implying. I do like that Ken Olin is on it, hopefully, he will be on more next season.

+ Reply to Thread