+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 129 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1288

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

  1. #801
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3425478;
    Yeah, tonight's episode was a bit over the top. I was particularly annoyed how Nora was mad at Julia for wanting to move because Tommy deserved a place to come back home to! Ummm Nora, Tommy abandoned his wife and daughter. What about what they deserve? Julia has the right to move on and if she has to move to another state to find work then that's what she needs to do. In the end Nora came around but it was unfair to lay it all at Julia's feet.

    And I just want to smack that smirk off Ryan's face. I can't wait to see him taken down (unless he redeems himself).
    ITA! The show was over the top. I understand Kitty's character having issues, but to be married to a high level politician and then making out with the unexciting house husband on the front porch? Bleh! I suspect that the producers are getting ready to write Robert off the show (does Rob Lowe have other career options?)

    I have never liked Holly's character and I want to b-slap ever time she comes on camera. There is not a moment where she is plotting to do something that is completely self serving or for her daughter's benefit. Poor Sara fell right into her hands last night with Ryan's employment. When I watched that scene, I laughed out loud, because William's lover, daughter and illegitimate son by another lover are working together and own shares in the same business? And it is so obvious Ryan has an ulterior motive but which Walker is he targeting? Holly+Ryan = Trouble! The scene reminded me of the devious plots of Dallas and Knots Landing!

    The only one that behaved normally last night is Justin and he is the one that is normally over the top. I really like this show but they are twisting things up and I am wondering where they are going with these sub-plots. Perhaps they are preparing for "cliff-hanger" for the Season Finale.

  2. #802
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    What a depressing show last night.
    They managed to make almost everyone unlikable, some even more than others.

    Nora's bullying of Julia. Controlling, pushy & totally unsympathetic. Julia's husband just abandoned her & her young child with no means of support & left her with bills she can't pay & a house she can't pay for, & Nora expects Julia to wait patiently & lovingly alone. Waiting for Tommy to decide if he wants to grow up?

    Kitty ............ well, everything about her, this episode, was just wrong, wrong, wrong. I actually agreed with & felt sorry for Robert for a change. The guy can be a pompas jerk, but she married him knowing that. Deal with it. Plus SHE'S A MARRIED WOMAN WITH AN INFANT SON!!!

    Sara, the smartest & most aware member of the family, was dumb & gullible. Completely out of character.

    Kevin, usually snarky but likable, not using a brain in his head regarding the whole Julia situation.

    Holly & Ryan. I didn't like either one of them from day 1, but last night made them downright hatable.

    Oddly enough, Justin & Rebecca seemed sensible and actually used their heads. I almost liked Rebecca last night, but still not quite. The whole Ryan thing still leaves me with a bad taste for her.

    The whole show was completely lacking of everything that has made it good in the past. No humor, no family strength & togetherness, and NO brains.

  3. #803
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    So far it appears that I'm the only one who likes the park guy (can't remember his name). I think they have a lot of chemistry, more than what her and Robert have, and am sort of rooting for them. Robert has just been as a** about the whole running for Governor thing, has lied to Kitty several times, and puts his career in front of his family. None of that excuses what Kitty is/will probable do but he hasn't gotten much sympathy from me.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Though my lack of sympathy for him is probably helped by the fact that I've read he is leaving the show.


    I find the Walker family amusing but at the same time I think I'd runaway from them if my family were that overbearing.

  4. #804
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,805

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    I think I missed an episode---last I heard Sarah was running Greenotopia and now she's back at Ojai. Did Greenotopia sell out or something?

    I think they explained last night how Tommy had a 2nd mortgage etc., so maybe he hadn't been paying for a while.

    Yeah, Kitty, if you are going to mess around at least be considerate enough of Robert not to do it where you will end up on youtube!

  5. #805
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3425775;
    I think I missed an episode---last I heard Sarah was running Greenotopia and now she's back at Ojai. Did Greenotopia sell out or something?
    Sarah left after she helped the company go public a couple of months ago.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  6. #806
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,805

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3425806;
    Sarah left after she helped the company go public a couple of months ago.
    Thanks...although I don't see why she would....surely she was signed on for more than that for them? And how on earth did they convince Holly to let her work at Ojai again? I better see if I can find a tape I haven't seen!

  7. #807
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    I can't remember exactly how it all went down... but she basically told the boys that it was time for her to go. They didn't want her to leave, but she felt that it was time to give them control over their company, etc...

    The working at Ojai again deal just kind of fell into place. If I remember correctly, Holly really didn't have an issue with it... Sarah took some convincing. I think she came in when Tommy disappeared because they felt that there should be a Walker on staff. It was almost a non-event. I can fully understand missing it even IF you had caught the episode... blink and it was over.

    It might also be that Sarah left Fruitopia (lol) because of the Ojai job.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  8. #808
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,805

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    Wow, that doesn't make a lot of sense unless Holly was clueless about the effect of having a Walker on the board... which she shouldn't have been--she'd had Tommy there. Of course maybe they were more in sync....

  9. #809
    FORT Fogey CantGetNuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,404

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    The way I remember it, the board went to Sarah after Tommy took off. It was the board that wanted a Walker on staff. Holly didn't have any say in it.

    I've never been a big Rebecca fan but I was glad that she saw through Ryan. She is basically a good person and I know it suprised her to hear Ryan saying he can't wait to see the shocked look on Sarah's face in the boardroom. Sarah has been nothing but kind to Ryan and Rebecca knows that. I'm glad she went to Justin even if I'm not a fan of their relationship.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

  10. #810
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: Brothers and Sisters

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3425749;
    What a depressing show last night.
    They managed to make almost everyone unlikable, some even more than others.

    Nora's bullying of Julia. Controlling, pushy & totally unsympathetic. Julia's husband just abandoned her & her young child with no means of support & left her with bills she can't pay & a house she can't pay for, & Nora expects Julia to wait patiently & lovingly alone. Waiting for Tommy to decide if he wants to grow up?

    Kitty ............ well, everything about her, this episode, was just wrong, wrong, wrong. I actually agreed with & felt sorry for Robert for a change. The guy can be a pompas jerk, but she married him knowing that. Deal with it. Plus SHE'S A MARRIED WOMAN WITH AN INFANT SON!!!

    Sara, the smartest & most aware member of the family, was dumb & gullible. Completely out of character.Kevin, usually snarky but likable, not using a brain in his head regarding the whole Julia situation.

    Holly & Ryan. I didn't like either one of them from day 1, but last night made them downright hatable.

    Oddly enough, Justin & Rebecca seemed sensible and actually used their heads. I almost liked Rebecca last night, but still not quite. The whole Ryan thing still leaves me with a bad taste for her.

    The whole show was completely lacking of everything that has made it good in the past. No humor, no family strength & togetherness, and NO brains.
    I totally agree, especially the part about Sarah. Just didn't ring true.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.