+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3223604;
    Trivial continuity question of the night: how did Nora get the darned monkey back?? I don't remember her getting it back from that girl that she insisted that Justin sell it to.
    I wondered that too, but Justin got it back since the girl who bought it was a family friend. They never actually showed it but I guess it was just implied.

I love this show! I'm new here so I thought I'd just mention that this has been one of my favorite shows from the very beginning... it may even be one of my favorite shows of all time. The writing's great, I love the characters (and the actors themselves), and the Walker's remind me so much of my own family - without all the mistresses, illegitimate children, and company drama, of course

Is anyone else still slightly skeeved out about the whole Justin/Rebecca romance? No, they're not really related but for so long they thought they were. After thinking of each other as siblings for so long would anyone really be able to just forget about all that, turn off the "family" feelings, and jump into bed together? It's still weird to me!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know what you mean about the J/R romance, but it wasn't really "so long" relatively---not as if they grew up thinking of each other as sibs. Just an interesting way for them to become friends before jumping into bed as both of their characters would have been likely to do otherwise.... You did see them having to work at supressing the inappropriate attraction for a while before they found out they weren't related.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3223912;
    I know what you mean about the J/R romance, but it wasn't really "so long" relatively---not as if they grew up thinking of each other as sibs. Just an interesting way for them to become friends before jumping into bed as both of their characters would have been likely to do otherwise.... You did see them having to work at supressing the inappropriate attraction for a while before they found out they weren't related.
    I know they showed the attraction beforehand, but that was just as bad, if not worse. That whole storyline always made me uncomfortable, especially when they still thought they were related. How long were they supposed to have known each other in the show - a year or two? It's not the biggest of deals, but it's still weird to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have zero problem with Justin and Rebecca.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't have any problem with Rebecca and Justin. I did when they thought they were brother and sister and it was so obvious that Rebecca was liking him. That really grossed me out. I couldn't stand to see their scenes together.

I loved the conversation between Saul and Tommy. Especially when Saul told Tommy that when his mission became getting rid of Holly then Saul would make it his mission too. Oh dare I dream.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

With this last episode, I kind of like how they are setting up Nora and Holly to be the Alexis and Crystal of this generation.

How long before they are mud-wrestling in their finest clothes?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;3223607;
    Justin got it back for her. He felt like she should have held on to some things, and rightly so because after everything was gone, she had a mini breakdown.
    Thank you to you and troobabiee! I guess I had just missed (or had forgotten) that part from last week. Troobabiee, thank you for saving my sanity by letting me know that it was just implied..heh.

MFWalkoff, Alexis and Krystal indeed! And I love how Saul set up the future battle between Tommy and Holly. Something more to look forward to.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3224137;
    Thank you to you and troobabiee! I guess I had just missed (or had forgotten) that part from last week. Troobabiee, thank you for saving my sanity by letting me know that it was just implied..heh.

MFWalkoff, Alexis and Krystal indeed! And I love how Saul set up the future battle between Tommy and Holly. Something more to look forward to.
    It was part of the scene when Justin came in and Nora's office was empty and all of William's things were gone. He showed her the monkey and then placed it on the mantle.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where he was consoling her and she absolutely lost it? I always stitch while watching the show, and must have been looking down. Serves me right, eh?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3224276;
    Where he was consoling her and she absolutely lost it? I always stitch while watching the show, and must have been looking down. Serves me right, eh?
    It was right at that part

+ Reply to Thread