+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 129 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I meant to say now that the Walkers know....
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3221763;
    Yes they know. She told Justin and now they are seeing each other as lovers openly. They date in real life too. Their relationship was described as off again/on again by some rag.

Ken Olin directs the show and I think produces it also. He may even be part of its creation. His spot as her dad was a small role and may be recurrent.
    According to IMDb, Ken has directed 8 episodes, and was an executive producer during the first season. His other connection is that he is married in real life to Patricia Wettig (Holly), who was also his co-star on thirtysomething.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3221824;
    According to IMDb, Ken has directed 8 episodes, and was an executive producer during the first season. His other connection is that he is married in real life to Patricia Wettig (Holly), who was also his co-star on thirtysomething.
    Are they still married? I knew they were during thirtysomething, but thought they had split since then. Good for them if they are still together

I LOVED Thirtysomething. The writing and acting on this show reminds me a lot of Thirtysomething, too

Isn't their son (Patricia Wettig and Ken Olin's) doing the writing/producing/or directing on this show, too?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3222112;
    Are they still married? I knew they were during thirtysomething, but thought they had split since then. Good for them if they are still together

I LOVED Thirtysomething. The writing and acting on this show reminds me a lot of Thirtysomething, too
    Still married They've been married for 26 years. That's almost forever in Hollywood! Ken also produced Alias, which made me love him even more. He's done a lot of directing in the time since thirtysomething ended, as has Peter Horton (Gary). Damn, I miss that show!

I remember watching Ken and Patty on thirtysomething and trying to catch any kind of spark between them. They obviously have chemistry - we've seen it on B&S - but they never let it show when they played Michael and Nancy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ken Oliin also used his fomer wife, Lena Olin, on Alias. Both are good actresses, but for me, Lena is the better of the two. She meets my yardstick of being able to engender sympathy for a really horrible charcter, Sydney's mother, where I wouldn't care if I never saw Holly again.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3222282;
    Ken Oliin also used his fomer wife, Lena Olin, on Alias. Both are good actresses, but for me, Lena is the better of the two. She meets my yardstick of being able to engender sympathy for a really horrible charcter, Sydney's mother, where I wouldn't care if I never saw Holly again.
    Ken and Lena were never married - the name is just a coincidence.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3222529;
    Ken and Lena were never married - the name is just a coincidence.
    Thanks for the correction, Critical. I thought I had read somewhere that they had been married. I'm sorry for the bad information.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Trivial continuity question of the night: how did Nora get the darned monkey back?? I don't remember her getting it back from that girl that she insisted that Justin sell it to.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3223604;
    Trivial continuity question of the night: how did Nora get the darned monkey back?? I don't remember her getting it back from that girl that she insisted that Justin sell it to.

Justin got it back for her. He felt like she should have held on to some things, and rightly so because after everything was gone, she had a mini breakdown.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

+ Reply to Thread