+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 129 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3221022;
    Could be a sign that they don't expect the character to be around long?

I'm kind of bummed... I had heard that Jason Ritter was up for the part, or also Gregory Smith from Everwood. I like Jason Ritter... hopefully this new kid is up to the task to hold his own in this cast.
    Not necessarily. How many people knew who Dave Annable (Justin) or Matthew Rhys (Kevin) were before the show?

I like Jason Ritter and think he's cute but, sorry, he's not a hottie like Justin or Tommy. I heard they were looking for a really great looking actor to play Ryan. I haven't checked his listing on imdb yet, but I'll bet he's pretty great looking.

Okay, I just went and checked him out on imdb. He's pretty cute. The pics aren't great and he definitely hasn't got a huge resume, but I think the casting people know what they're doing. I'm sure they had TONS of actors wanting that role, so they had plenty to chose from. It'll be interesting to see how Ryan and Rebecca interact, since she thought she was a Walker and he actually is one.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3221273;
    Not necessarily. How many people knew who Dave Annable (Justin) or Matthew Rhys (Kevin) were before the show?

I like Jason Ritter and think he's cute but, sorry, he's not a hottie like Justin or Tommy. I heard they were looking for a really great looking actor to play Ryan. I haven't checked his listing on imdb yet, but I'll bet he's pretty great looking.
    And therein lies different tastes. Dave Annable and Rob Lowe are the only ones that I find reasonably "hot." Baltazar Getty gives me the creeps - always has.

But.. the reason I watch this show is because all of the people on this show are incredible actors, and I've always been impressed by Jason Ritter. That's why I like him.. and that's why I'm bummed that he apparently didn't get the part. And that's why I hope this Luke Grimes can hold his own with this cast. I don't want him to mess up the synergy and timing that everyone shares. I trust the people on this show to have done as good of a job with this casting as they did with Rebecca's character. That actress turned out wonderfully.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I looked up both Luke and Jason, didn't know either. It seems clear to me that Luke won the part for his bad boy looks. Ryan is definately going to be the sexy, wild one who will catch Rebecca's heart and reek havoc at Ojai. Maybe not for long but he will create drama. Oh goody.

Broadway, I agree, Balthazar is not attractive. He cannot help it but his deep set eyes with coupled with the cleft in in his forehead give him a mean look.
    Last edited by shoepie; 10-22-2008 at 08:03 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Luke looked like heroin-chic. Yuck! I guess if you like really skinny guys, though, that might be a good thing. Maybe, hopefully, he's not as bony as he looks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3220714;
    I honestly don't remember at the moment, either! I thought that Rebecca had found out through the blood test that Ken Olin was her father... but I could be wrong, too, and she only found out that William was not!
    Ken Olin's character let her test his DNA. They found out he was the Dad. She told him what it ment for her to belong to a family (the Walkers). So he left, so he wouldn't mess that up for her.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3221615;
    I thought Luke looked like heroin-chic. Yuck! I guess if you like really skinny guys, though, that might be a good thing. Maybe, hopefully, he's not as bony as he looks.
    I only saw a head shot.

I wonder if now the Walkers know they aren't her family, her real dad will actually come back and become a part of her life.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That would be nice, I like Ken Olin, but I suspect he has other things to do than be a minor character....
    I like Jason Ritter also---loved the show he was in where he was in a wheelchair (forget the name, bot cancelled as I recall). This new kid better be good.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3221725;
    That would be nice, I like Ken Olin, but I suspect he has other things to do than be a minor character....
    I like Jason Ritter also---loved the show he was in where he was in a wheelchair (forget the name, bot cancelled as I recall). This new kid better be good.
    Joan of Arcadia. That was great show and it did get cancelled.

I'm willing to give this new kid a try. I hope they don't make Ryan too much of a bad boy. I'm dying to see what Rebecca does now that she found the file.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3221678;
    I wonder if now the Walkers know they aren't her family, her real dad will actually come back and become a part of her life.
    Yes they know. She told Justin and now they are seeing each other as lovers openly. They date in real life too. Their relationship was described as off again/on again by some rag.

Ken Olin directs the show and I think produces it also. He may even be part of its creation. His spot as her dad was a small role and may be recurrent.

+ Reply to Thread