+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 129 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Brothers and Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle;3216540;
    It's good to see this show has some supporters, I don't know anyone else who likes this show other than myself. I honestly believe it's one of the best shows on TV at the moment and, in my opinion, has the best cast.

I really like the Rebecca and Justin relationship and I hope it lasts. I'm glad that Saul and Sarah left Ohai (?), hopefully this means Sarah will finally get an interesting storyline (I'm not fussed on Saul). There wasn't enough Kitty and Robert this episode, and I wouldn't of missed the 2 or 3 scenes they had.

I hope Kevins current storyline at his law firm gets more interesting, it's kind of piqued my interest but the result in last nights episode was boring.
    Ojai---it's Spanish---J pronounced like an H. I remember the Bionic Woman (first version) came from Ojai or taught there... and talked about it a lot...remember being surprised when I saw a Welcome to Ojai sign at some point and realized it was Spanish (duh, in California!).
    PS It's a real town.

PWS...... I thought I was the only one that immediately associated Ojai with The Bionic Woman. I'm not alone... woohoo! Hee!

Carbuncle... I wholeheartedly agree with you that this is one of the best, if not the best, dramatic series on television today. The writing is fabulous in it's crisp timing and perfect casting.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3216578;
    PWS...... I thought I was the only one that immediately associated Ojai with The Bionic Woman. I'm not alone... woohoo! Hee!
    Loooong time TV watcher here! I was actually surprised when I was living in CA for a while to discover that Ojai really existed.... I'm not clear on this show if the company is supposed to be located there or if they just liked the name. Not sure what Ojai means in Spanish....

aha... I just went and googled it... turns out the name Ojai actually came from their first settlers.. the Chumash Indians. It means "Valley of the Moon." Spanish settlers came in and adopted the name.

I always assumed it was a Spanish name, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3216590;
    aha... I just went and googled it... turns out the name Ojai actually came from their first settlers.. the Chumash Indians. It means "Valley of the Moon." Spanish settlers came in and adopted the name.

I always assumed it was a Spanish name, too.
    Interesting! So that makes it even more likely that the Ojai food products must be grown near Ojai.
    However, since I doubt the Chumash had a written language I'm guessing that at least it is a Spanish spelling of Chumash word!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle;3216540;
    It's good to see this show has some supporters, I don't know anyone else who likes this show other than myself. I honestly believe it's one of the best shows on TV at the moment and, in my opinion, has the best cast.
    I agree, it is superior. They move the story ahead at a good pace. We are not going to be stuck with this family battling Holly in the workplace, as could happen in a more typical TV drama. The fast pace will keep this fresh for many seasons to come.

I hope Kevins story line does not become a cliche, however. Sure he has to be who he is but I know damn well, a secure and out gay couple would consider the financial advantage to lay low and move forward at a cautious pace when a huge income is at stake.

To quit that law firm because he has to be discreet with clients is not believable; his co-workers are fine with his sexuality and that is the crucial component.

Our closest friends are a gay couple and they both say, "Go for the partnership!" They have been sweating their retirement lately and would gladly skip the social engagements with clients for the financial security!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3217139;
    I agree, it is superior. They move the story ahead at a good pace. We are not going to be stuck with this family battling Holly in the workplace, as could happen in a more typical TV drama. The fast pace will keep this fresh for many seasons to come.

I hope Kevins story line does not become a cliche, however. Sure he has to be who he is but I know damn well, a secure and out gay couple would consider the financial advantage to lay low and move forward at a cautious pace when a huge income is at stake.

To quit that law firm because he has to be discreet with clients is not believable; his co-workers are fine with his sexuality and that is the crucial component.

Our closest friends are a gay couple and they both say, "Go for the partnership!" They have been sweating their retirement lately and would gladly skip the social engagements with clients for the financial security!
    I have to agree with you on that. I was thinking that if all I had to do to make partner and reap the financial rewards - I could pretend to be lesbian at any number of client dinners. No problem. Because I am secure in my sexuality - as we are supposed to believe that Kevin is. The writers need to keep that in mind. I had a hard time with his "struggle" over the stupid client dinner.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3217139;

Now, see, I think the crucial component is the client generated $$$. We can replace the co-workers/employees but can we replace the big buck$? These guy$ are in their particular busine$$ for a rea$on! You affect the bottom line, you just may have to go! I get it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3217189;
    Now, see, I think the crucial component is the client generated $$$. We can replace the co-workers/employees but can we replace the big buck$? These guy$ are in their particular busine$$ for a rea$on! You affect the bottom line, you just may have to go! I get it.
    I meant crucial, emotionally, to be accepted in the workplace. I would not expect Kevin to stay in that job, for the money, if he had to hide his sexuality from co-workers. That would not be a healthy choice. Finessing it with a client is different. Clients come and go, your workplace is a constant.

Purging of things is never easy. Especially when it's tied to such integral parts of one's life, but sometimes it can be such a refreshing new start. I totally felt Norah's emotions throughout the entire episode.

+ Reply to Thread