+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I didn't like the story lines last night... really bad writing this time out. Too predictable and I thought Calista looked haggard in many scenes... intentionally? Or is it getting harder and harder to play a 30 something?

Holly and David are married in real life... he usually doesn't act anymore, he's really been more of a producer/director. I wonder why they pulled him in, other than to free up the potential romance between previous siblings?
    Tahoe bound....

Their son is a producer or director on this show, so it was probably pretty easy to convince his father to play the role. Plus, the character is being brought in at a time when Holly and Nora are finally getting along, Rebecca has broken down the last walls with Sara, and all is well between the group. All of this will create additional conflict yet again.

I love all of the family chaos, so I still greatly enjoyed last night's show. I don't know that I've ever enjoyed the dynamics of a squabbling family more... normally it annoys the heck out of me. But these actors, with the writing, do chaos so empathetically that I can't help but be amused/sad/heartbroken right along with them.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2934718;
    I didn't like the story lines last night... really bad writing this time out. Too predictable and I thought Calista looked haggard in many scenes... intentionally? Or is it getting harder and harder to play a 30 something?

Holly and David are married in real life... he usually doesn't act anymore, he's really been more of a producer/director. I wonder why they pulled him in, other than to free up the potential romance between previous siblings?

I, too, thought Calista was really showing her years last night. Rob Lowe looks younger than she does! Maybe this look is about them just coming off the campaign trail? I think it's time for her to move onto older roles, or to the stage where you can't see the facial details as closely.

I thought the show was good! I liked the decision making that was written into Nora's role. Her daughter definitely needs her going into her first pregnancy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I remember "David" when the two of them were on 30 Something...sigh...nobody's 30 anymore! He's still a cutie even if a chunkier cutie.
    Justin certainly seems eager to have her do the blood tests (in the guise of being supportive), so guess he might be secretly interested as well, despite telling his bros a year ago that he should have guessed she was related because even though she was hot he wasn't interested.
    Really they could just test to see if Justin and she are related, although that wouldn't tell her if David was her dad...but it would tell her Justin's dad wasn't. But then they wouldn't have to worry about the amount of DNA available.
    I must say I thought the suspense on this would be drawn out more...that Justin wouldn't tell her what he overheard. Looks like we could find out in a week or two. Of course in real life DNA tests take weeks to do.

But what if it turned out that Justin wasn't really William Walker's son???

Stranger things have happened!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

[QUOTE=prhoshay;2935467;]But what if it turned out that Justin wasn't really William Walker's son???

Now there's a twist!!

But I don't think Justin offered up any dna samples... or maybe he did. Or maybe neither of the two men are her fathers....
    Tahoe bound....

Shame on Nora for buying into her kids' selfish, needy-act, guilt trip! I would have loved to see her follow her heart and Danny Glover to the east coast. And Kitty's first pregnancy? Good god -- she's not a teenager; she's (supposedly) an adult! And it's not as though she doesn't have a couple of previously knocked-up sisters (actual or in-law) who could walk her through those 9 months -- when and IF that happens. Geez, kids, let your mom have a life. And mom, have the balls to GET a life. That final scene with her eating her lonely little salad in a great big empty dining room was pretty pathetic.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2935467;
    But what if it turned out that Justin wasn't really William Walker's son???

Stranger things have happened!
    I actually typed that first....because that would be one way of explaining why they didn't have matching samples....AND it would allow them to date... AND still keep her in the Walker family....AND allow Ken Olin's part to be just recurring....but I couldn't figure out how to make Nora a cheater....she was just too outraged at what her husband had done. Unless for some reason they went to a sperm bank...but why on earth would she be so desperate for yet another kid, not as if she didn't already have plenty? So great minds think alike, prhoshay!

I'm telling you that if they really wanted to make this show juicy, they would use our story line! I'm seeing it like this...."Justin is the last child. Nora had a brief dalliance because William was very busy with their business, and his mistress. Guilt got to her, and she broke off the dalliance, but was pregnant by then. She never told William." PWS, you and I could tag-team this thing out!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2938014;
    I'm telling you that if they really wanted to make this show juicy, they would use our story line! I'm seeing it like this...."Justin is the last child. Nora had a brief dalliance because William was very busy with their business, and his mistress. Guilt got to her, and she broke off the dalliance, but was pregnant by then. She never told William." PWS, you and I could tag-team this thing out!!
    Right! And she was so indignant at William because SHE"D felt so guilty and given up her lover (to be named in a future draft pick), and thern it turns out he isn't just hardworking, he'd been cheating first! We got it, prhoshay! Are you reading this, B&S?

+ Reply to Thread