+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 129 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I still like the show but was wondering if they got new writers because it seems lately the show has lost some of that initial magic. Or maybe that's inevitable with any show as time goes on. I'm not liking Nora with Danny Glover. They just don't seem like a good fit. The way he plays the political game goes against the type of person she is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2807046;
    I'm not liking Nora with Danny Glover. They just don't seem like a good fit. The way he plays the political game goes against the type of person she is.
    It's just good to see them on screen together again. They still have the same acting chemistry they had in Places In the Heart.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still like the show but was wondering if they got new writers because it seems lately the show has lost some of that initial magic. Or maybe that's inevitable with any show as time goes on. I'm not liking Nora with Danny Glover. They just don't seem like a good fit. The way he plays the political game goes against the type of person she is.
    Isn't Danny Glover (can't remember his character's name) playing some kind of Republican "adviser" (for my lack of a better term) and Nora is a strong Democrat? I don't think they are meant to be alike.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2807295;
    Isn't Danny Glover (can't remember his character's name) playing some kind of Republican "adviser" (for my lack of a better term) and Nora is a strong Democrat? I don't think they are meant to be alike.
    And William, Nora's deceased husband, was a conservative Republican. Nora apparently is attracted to political opposites.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Jon Robin Baitz, the show's creator, was let go as showrunner, and I think I read that they brought in some new writers for the second season. But I don't think Baitz was let go until after the writer's strike began, so it's not like we've seen anything yet that he didn't help create.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

I just recently discovered this show. I've watched all that are listed on ABC.com. It's nice to see Patricia Wettig and Ken Olin again. I remember 30 something so well. And I adore Sally. Her scenes with Danny are amazing.

I now need to read through all these posts to get more insight into these characters.

scotty might be a regular!!! yay

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by antm_1fan;2877196;
    scotty might be a regular!!! yay
    Yay, he's a cutie. Actually so was the minister boyfriend. In fact both the boyfriends are cuter than the show "star"... maybe they should both dump him and get together...on the theory that "likes" attract and couples balance out in attractiveness.

Just a quick bump for those that might not be aware that tonight is a new episode. FINALLY!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I knew Nora wouldn't move away from her kids. It did piss me off the way they all ganged up on Isaac and Nora instead of just allowing her to make her own decision and if it was wrong, she's a grown woman for crying out loud! We all called it with regards to David possibly being Rebecca's father. This sets it up for Justin to be able to be with Rebecca if she isn't his sister.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread