+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 129 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I love Saul! I totally agree the big reveal fell flat. In the episode where his gay friend first made reference to them having a night together I was like, "OMG!! I did not see that coming!" Then Saul kept denying, first to his friend and then to Kevin, that he was gay. Denied and got defensive about it to the point that I believed him. I thought there must be some other juicy skeleton in the closet. I was really let down with the whole scene between him and Nora. He has waited 60(?) years to tell his sister and he decides right then is the perfect time? Like she didn't have enough to deal with right then. And the lousy way he did it. I can't even remember the way he said it but it was really corny. The whole way that reveal was handled was not the way Saul would have really done it.

This whole episode was good. Real emotional for sure. I came in at the beginning during Justins tiraide. I couldn't believe the hateful things he was saying to the family. When he got to Rebecca and Holly I cringed even while I enjoyed it. Bad thing is I can't remember exactly what he said to them.

One of the best scenes was where Kevin and Tommy are talking about not being monogamis and wondering if it was a flaw passed down from their dad. Then Nora walks in and says something like, "Are you kidding. You're both twice the man your dad ever was so get over it. The way you took care of your brother tonight..." Then she turns to walk away and says, "I've never been more proud." Sally Fields should win Emmys, Oscars, or whatever awards they give out to the best tv shows.

Calista Flockhart should be runner up. She is awesome. I am so confused by the senator. I'm not sure if he really doesn't want more kids right now or if he's just scared that if Kitty leaves him he won't win the presidency. I would like to see something good happen to at least one person in this family.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought the way Saul did his reveal to Nora was very believable. I got the impression that the knowledge was really tormenting him, and he just had to spit it out. Timing-wise, it wasn't the best time for Nora, but how many of us have gotten bothersome news at the "right time"? What time would have been a good time to tell your closest family member something like that, when you have been denying it yourself for such a long time? Personally, I loved it! I think that Nora is not only Saul's sister, but also his best friend.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree about Sally Field, she is just blowing me away every single week with her acting. Makes me want to take some of the younger actors on other shows.. sit them down and tell them that THIS is good acting... take note.

Yeah I'm not sure about Robert either, not sure what's going on there.

And you hit on something that's been bothering me about this show. How much longer can they do the doom and gloom with a bit of wacky thrown in before viewers get tired of it? They HAVE to have one person in that family that is having a good life otherwise I see viewers beginning to get turned off.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You know what was odd for this "share all" family? That Nora continued the (Saul) cover up.....
    But I agree, really powerful episode....almost too much explosiveness for one episode. Re Justin...maybe not realistic that he cracks in less than 30 minutes, but maybe since he's been there before he's more ready to admit it. And I, too, am getting that slightly sleazy feeling about Robert... if it wouldn't look good for the campaign for him to fire that one high level staffer who he felt messed up, how would it look to "fire" his fiancee and staffer...messy much? Like you are another Bill Clinton who can't control himself?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2665883;
    I agree about Sally Field, she is just blowing me away every single week with her acting. Makes me want to take some of the younger actors on other shows.. sit them down and tell them that THIS is good acting... take note.

Yeah I'm not sure about Robert either, not sure what's going on there.

And you hit on something that's been bothering me about this show. How much longer can they do the doom and gloom with a bit of wacky thrown in before viewers get tired of it? They HAVE to have one person in that family that is having a good life otherwise I see viewers beginning to get turned off.
    Yeah....It doesn't have to be same person happy every week, but at least one per week? Is that too much to ask?
    This week:
    Kitty recovering from miscarriage and we learn Robert doesn't want more kids
    Justin going through withdrawal, plus visciously attacking everyone else
    Tommy gets caught with his pants down
    Kevin hasn't heard word one from his boyfriend in ages....unless the guy has been kidnapped and the press is keeping it on the down low this sounds really bad
    Sarah...ok...she had the best week I guess because we hardly saw her other than being attacked by Justin. But not exactly happy
    Nora discovers her son is back on drugs
    The half sister gets dumped on by Justin
    Saul comes out to his sister and runs away...not exactly the happy result in the post coming out phase
    Yeah, great week for one and all.

Kitty and Robert's relationship has never really rung true for me.
    I don't like that Lowe joined the show. It seems as though his role has grown through the weeks and we now see as much of him as the siblings, more some weeks.
    I also didn't like how quickly Tommy jumped into bed with Lena. I now fear she'll become a vengeful ex who'll try to derail any attempts at reconciliation between Tommy and his wife. I hope I'm wrong because I really don't want to see that play out.
    I really enjoy Calista Flockhart on this show though and Sally Field just keeps getting better.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I wonder what it is that Kitty wants to talk to Robert about privately in the middle of their ceremony. She probably hears about his not wanting to have children.

I think Lena is going to wind up pregnant. There's no way her break-up with Tommy is going to be smooth

I'm glad Rebecca redeemed herself and let the family know about Justin. I know that was hard for her since she had grown so close with him. I'm sure he'll get around to aplogizing to her for the things he said and hopefully she'll know it was the drugs talking.

I have just started rewatching The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., and was stunned to realize that Joe Whedon is played by Australian character actor John Pyper-Ferfugson, who had the role of Pete, the outlaw with an amazing vocabulary, a single digit IQ, and a gun fetish -- "Nobody touches my piece!"

For those who have watched Brisco County, Jr., did you make the connection I missed? He does look very different, 14 years later.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2666856;
    I think Lena is going to wind up pregnant. There's no way her break-up with Tommy is going to be smooth

I, too, am expecting Lena to get pregnant.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2677009;
    I, too, am expecting Lena to get pregnant.
    I don't think the breakup will go smoothly but given that Tommy's supposed to be sterile, I'm not sure how Lena is going to end up pregnant. Or at least how she'd end up pregnant with Tommy's child.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread