+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    haha well... I am a brat and purpously boycotted the show, cus it made ABC move Grey's Anatomy for Thursday. And I hold grudges Even against tv shows.
    I'm the same way! I boycotted Grey's Anatomy for two years on the basis of "it stole the timeslot from my beloved Boston Legal" (hey, I'm a big "Denny Crane" fan! )

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I missed the pilot (anywhere, even online, I can watch it?) but caught the second episode.

I got sick of Calista Flockhart on Ally McBeal. I'm glad she took some serious time off after that role. She doesn't seem to bother me nearly as much anymore... so far

I wasn't expecting much since hasn't "the family drama" been done about ten-thousand times, already?

The show is chock-full of cliches... but the scene between Justin and Nora (after they bailed him outta the pokey) when they were yelling at each other and finally he said he wanted to die over there.... well... I gotta tell ya, it had me a bit teary eyed. Go figure!

I love Ken Olin and Patricia Wettig (so wonderful on ThirtySomething)... and I didn't think she looked "weathered for the other woman"... I think she looks her age. Guess folks always think of "the other woman" as being some young, gorgeous babe. Tom Skerritt's character (sorry, can't tell ya his name since I missed the pilot... and he died!) had been with her for a long time. She probably was gorgeous in the beginning but everyone ages. I'm glad she's not all botox'd and lifted

And how can ya NOT like Sally Field? She's just one of my all-time favorites

All of the other characters appealed to me as well... though admittedly some are stereotypes which will tend to bore me quite quickly.

And seeing Michael Beach with a shaved head? First time I'd ever seen him w/o hair. Enjoyed him on ER and Third Watch... and wasn't he also in the movie Waiting To Exhale? I know he's been in lots of other movies too... but I didn't see them.

Yeah, I set the DVR to catch all new episodes... we'll see how it goes

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Last night's episode was good - I like how the Mom proved she wasn't an idiot. I can't believe her brother didn't tell her for 15 years! ack! However, he's still hiding the secret about the business being a mess.

I find it hilarious that with all of the secrets, they said "don't tell anyone" and within minutes each sibling knew about everything. So typical!

I'm enjoying it!

I agree, MaryBeth! I absolutely loved last night's episode for those very reasons.

I even laughed at the Ann Coulter reference. This show will NOT convince me, however, that she is an empathetic Republican a la Kitty.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Last night's episode was good. The scene at dinner where Sally Field announced she wasn't stupid was great. I also loved Balthazar Getty getting in the pool so that his niece would get over her fear of swimming. I thought that whole part of it was really well acted including Rachel Griffiths not realizing why her daughter wasn't going to swimming lessons until her husband explained it to her.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fogey
    The dinner scene saved the show for me last night. I giggled at the Ann Coulter reference, but started to worry that this was developing into another ripped from the headlines show, and I don't like those. Then, as the "friendship" appeared to be developing between Sally Field and Patricia Wettig, I thought they were going directly down the road of the movie whose named escapes me right now that starred Mary Tyler Moore and Christine Lahti, where MTM discovered that her news best friend CL had an affair with MTM's husband right before he died. If they'd gone that route, directly ripping off ever aspect of the show (the producers have said already that Kitty's relationship with her co-star is modeled from Mary Matilin and James Carville) I was going to be out of there.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The episode last night was fan-tastic!! The acting was superb! What a strong cast! Definitely loving the storyling!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan
    I missed the scene right after Sally Field's announcement to the table that she knew about the affair! How did she find out.

I also enjoyed the scene with the little girl getting into the pool again. That would be hard for a child to do after seeing her grandfather fall into the pool.

I love this show and look forward to it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie View Post
    I missed the scene right after Sally Field's announcement to the table that she knew about the affair! How did she find out.
    She had apparently found out about her husband's affair 15 years prior, but he swore to her that "it didn't mean anything and he had ended it." Same old cheating husband crap.

But she said that as soon as she saw the deed she realized that the affair had been going on all of that time behind her back. She acknowledged that she had been lying to herself all along because she desperately didn't want it to be true.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'm really glad I caught the show last night. It was great! Loved the dinner scene of course, the little girl in the pool, and all of the family secrets problems.

Of course, the brother lied to Sally Field when he said there were no more secrets she should know of. Yeah right. There will be more. Plenty more.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread