+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast

Thread: Brothers and Sisters

Re: Brothers and Sisters

I completely called that she would have a miscarriage because I still feel that this show wants to ditch all the kids. I know it makes sense blah blah for the story lines and the title of the show and stuff. Just don't like that they were even introduced if you they are going to go to contrived lengths to get rid of them (miscarriage.. really... didn't see that coming... *righty*).

Anyways... I would have liked to see how they handled the conservatives with an out of wedlock pregnancy. Although this show is so good that it never fails to make me both smile and cry often in the very same episode (and that's in spite of a couple things that frustrate me about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2649789;
    I completely called that she would have a miscarriage because I still feel that this show wants to ditch all the kids. I know it makes sense blah blah for the story lines and the title of the show and stuff. Just don't like that they were even introduced if you they are going to go to contrived lengths to get rid of them (miscarriage.. really... didn't see that coming... *righty*).
    Gee... funny how you reiterate this comment when Paige played a major role in the entire episode. Getting rid of the kids. Yep.

Kitty and Robert have been moving along with very little conflict. Anyone could see that there was no way that that storyline could continue as it was. What better conflict would there be to 1) entertain the thought of a pregnancy out of wedlock for a conservative Republican candidate which they have now explored for a few weeks, and 2) now have there be a major conflict with possibly entering into a marriage with a man that doesn't want any more children when that is clearly one of your (Kitty's) goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2651412;
    Gee... funny how you reiterate this comment when Paige played a major role in the entire episode. Getting rid of the kids. Yep.
    OHKAY.... anyways... I haven't watched the episode and don't plan on it because of the whole miscarriage thing. But I still find it completely predictable that she had a miscarriage. The same way it was completely predictable that Justin got right back on drugs. *shrugs*

Am trying to shore myself up to watch it, maybe will just FF past the miscarriage parts and the Lena making a move on another Walker parts because I've read that Saul was really good on this episode?

So I'm thinking that Lena and Rebecca have some sort of history where Rebecca stole or did something to somebody Lena wanted or was involved with and this is all Lena's way of getting back at her? Just trying to figure out why on earth she keeps hitting on the Walkers and if this is true..

Click to see Spoiler:
    Supposedly Lena next tries to hit on Kevin till she discovers he is gay? Makes no sense since her gaydar is supposedly so fine tuned that she could spot Saul was one before most anybody else.

.... really makes you wonder

Perhaps you do need to watch it before attacking the show. Lena didn't actually put the moves on Justin. She was all flirty, friendly, and fun.. but she didn't put the moves on him... he did on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2651535;
    Lena didn't actually put the moves on Justin. She was all flirty, friendly, and fun.. but she didn't put the moves on him... he did on her.
    And she tried to stop it in as nice a manner as possible without out and out rejecting him. She quickly told him they needed to stop because they were blocking the entrance to the bathrooms. I agree that the real point of that scene was for Rebecca to realize that Justin was high. He has a history of hitting on anything in sight when he's using.

As for the drug storyline, as much as I hate it, I think they have done a good job with it. Justin trying to lie to Rebecca about why he was taking the extra painkillers was classic addict behavior.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

OK so I commented based off postings made at another board (will NEVER do that again) and didn't want to watch the episode because of the whole miscarriage thing. First off.. what the heck were they talking about when they said that Saul was awesome? All he said was don't sit me next to Kevin.. hows that awesome? Anyways lol lesson learned and all that....

I was very glad to see Paige so prominent in this episode. I really like that young actress and her reaction to the separation made sense and I loved the way that Joe/Sarah settled it.

The miscarriage.. while still disappointed that they went there.... Calista did some amazing acting as did Sally (as usual). AND can we PLEASE have more Danny Glover? In a normal and good relationship with Nora? They had chemistry and I think he is one of the few mature actors who is at the same caliber as Sally and can handle romantic scenes with her.

I'm still not getting the whole Lena thing and why she's there and doing what she's doing. See I saw Lena as very much being an aggressor in this but more coy about it. Maybe it was because she was both drunk and high but she was definitely a party to what went on between her and Justin (I think this character is sort of the heart of the family or maybe the soul and I just hope they don't tarnish him too much).

I found myself being rather mad at Robert. Here he was telling Kitty that they can try again and then telling someone else (I think it was DG) that he doesn't want any more kids. WTH?! Don't sit there getting a woman's hopes up about having a child with you if you don't really want one! Especially a woman you are about to marry. I think it's totally unfair and cruel that he's willing to start this marraige out with a lie! I hope Kitty finds out that Robert said that so I can see her rip him a new one. I absolutely loved Robert right up to when he said that. Getting a tad bit bored with Rebecca. I'm done with the Justin addiction angle. Calista did a fabulous acting job with the miscarraige story. Waiting until Nora left before she broke down. If they are going to play the whole Kitty being a stepmom thing, shouldn't we start seeing the stepkids? Up to now, they've only been mentioned, right? I don't remember seeing them.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think there was one episode way early in their relationship where she met them... really too early....they were not even quite dating.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2653762;
    Don't sit there getting a woman's hopes up about having a child with you if you don't really want one! Especially a woman you are about to marry. I think it's totally unfair and cruel that he's willing to start this marraige out with a lie! I hope Kitty finds out that Robert said that so I can see her rip him a new one. I absolutely loved Robert right up to when he said that.
    In the previews they are showing all over the place they have Kitty and Robert at the altar... and then Kitty telling him that they have something they need to discuss... telling the priest and the audience that they "might be back" and then walking away. So.. it sounds like she does confront him about something.

As I said... this relationship needed some conflict, so I'm actually enjoying this storyline and finding it incredibly realistic.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree with you, but he does need to speak up and tell Kitty how he feels about having children. And why hasn't he been "snipped" already, since he knows he doesn't want any more children? Men can be so unrealistically irresponsible sometimes!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread